> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Mhskeide's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2019, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army! smile.gif

Your goals:

* Getting the "small" things right, like vibrato, bending and overall feel.
* Writing more music. Everything doesn`t have to be good, but it is about finishing stuff.
* Doing a lot of RECs to practice TIGHT recording guitar and playing with drums/click (going into studio hopefully soon)
* IF TIME: Learning more licks/solos, and the guilty pleasure shred now and then.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Sep 28 2019, 11:34 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Thanks man! For now, I`ll try to do 2-3 RECs within the middle of October, with some variation in level, and then we can try to pinpoint a path from there? wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2019, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Sep 28 2019, 07:34 AM) *
Thanks man! For now, I`ll try to do 2-3 RECs within the middle of October, with some variation in level, and then we can try to pinpoint a path from there? wink.gif

Excellent!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Oct 15 2019, 07:43 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi Gab! A little check in, as I`m currently working on Guido`s new "power rock ballad lesson". I love this style of playing, as it combines both the feels and the shreds biggrin.gif I hope to post a REC within next week at latest.

Also, I`m playing a concert in a few weeks with a cover band, and this is one of the songs: https://open.spotify.com/track/6V2NDWnejBIe...BS0iTHydCA5GbLw

I got the bass line down, but I`m struggling a bit to hear exactly what goes on with the guitar. Sounds like some sort of capo, and maybe an alternate tuning from the sound of what I think is open strings. Are you able to help me out with stuff like this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2019, 04:52 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the update!

I'm checking that song and the "guitar" tone is weird. Are you sure that they aren't using other type of guitar or string instrument?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Oct 18 2019, 03:11 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
It is a band with a lot of folky vibes, so would not suprise me if there are some mandolins inside the mix, but I thought the intro is mainly guitar. But could be lots of thing as soon as you throw alternative tunings and capo in the mix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2019, 04:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Oct 18 2019, 11:11 AM) *
It is a band with a lot of folky vibes, so would not suprise me if there are some mandolins inside the mix, but I thought the intro is mainly guitar. But could be lots of thing as soon as you throw alternative tunings and capo in the mix.

Yeah, I think that you can start by playing basic chords since I can hear them in the mix. But the key is to EQ your guitar like that.

Is there a live version of this tune?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Oct 23 2019, 08:54 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
No live version unfortunately. I guess that`s my job wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2019, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Oct 23 2019, 04:54 PM) *
No live version unfortunately. I guess that`s my job wink.gif

Yes! and I don't think that you need to clone it. You can do your version. I'm sure that even their live version doesn't sound exactly like the album.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 13 2019, 05:45 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Phui...I was hoping for another 2-3 REC in the middle of October and now we`re in the middle of November. Time flies tongue.gif

I have been swamped doing other bands the last month: Stepping in as a sub on a weekend tour for some friends as well as arranged a coverband gig at work, so it`s not a lack of playing at least!

Still working with this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/6-Powe...k-Ballad-Licks/
I have a really hard time with the lick at 0:35/0:36, as it is one million notes per minute for a bar. Well, not exactly, but you see my point wink.gif
Is it any point putting up a REC, if I WRECK (pardon the pun) that one tiny lick?

Also, I`m playing Focus - Sylvia with the cover band next week. Thought about putting up a video here, since I`ve been playing it far too long without having feedback. I might be doing something weird here and there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2019, 09:03 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, great to hear from you!

Thanks for the update. You can share a take at REC and clarify that you know that the lick needs work but that you are sharing it to receive feedback based on the other parts of the lesson. That can work, what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 17 2019, 10:46 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 13 2019, 09:03 PM) *
Hi mate, great to hear from you!

Thanks for the update. You can share a take at REC and clarify that you know that the lick needs work but that you are sharing it to receive feedback based on the other parts of the lesson. That can work, what do you think?

Sounds cool! I`ll try to have it up tomorrow, if I`m able to do a decent take smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2019, 02:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Nov 17 2019, 06:46 PM) *
Sounds cool! I`ll try to have it up tomorrow, if I`m able to do a decent take smile.gif

Ok!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 19 2019, 11:20 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Boom!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

When I first started filming, this was for once in a lifetime actually the first take (except from the truly first where I forgot to turn of my tuner tongue.gif )

Not perfect, but I`m rather pleased after not practising that much the last two weeks.
I do think it sounds a bit off in pitch here and there - Not sure if that is me, or the guitar needing new intonation after the norwegian winter has set in. But I thought at least a couple of the vibratos sounded good. I`ll be awaiting your feedback smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2019, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Commented and graded!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 20 2019, 03:26 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
As usual, thanks for super detailed feedback! Will take this with me in the attempt at take two!

Regarding the lick that were different: That`s the lick I mentioned above here, and asking about how bad it would be to kill one riff. Instead of wrecking it, I changed it a bit, as stated in the REC post wink.gif Not sure if "allowed", but I am a year of AP practicing away from nailing it as it is now tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2019, 03:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Nov 20 2019, 11:26 AM) *
As usual, thanks for super detailed feedback! Will take this with me in the attempt at take two!

Regarding the lick that were different: That`s the lick I mentioned above here, and asking about how bad it would be to kill one riff. Instead of wrecking it, I changed it a bit, as stated in the REC post wink.gif Not sure if "allowed", but I am a year of AP practicing away from nailing it as it is now tongue.gif

Oh yes!! I forgot it! But don't worry it didn't affect the grading note at all. I'm glad to know that you find it helpful!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 26 2019, 06:25 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I guess that power ballad lick lesson proved me two "major" things: I have still lots of work to do on pitch and dynamic, BUT, my shredding skills are quite decent. At least for now, so I will try to ease down on AP-exercises and actually focus on my weak spots.

I thought I would give this a THIRD attempt: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Dynamics-Control/

I`ll try to keep the most recent feedback in the back of my head while recording smile.gif

By the way: I remember in a previous take of that lesson, that someone (can`t remember who) commented on me playing the notes on different strings than the original, and that I should avoid that. But in the breakdowns, Diego plays it differently himself as well.
Does it really matter _where_ I play the note, as long as it sounds the same and have the same vibe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2019, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! How are you? That's a great lesson, and a good idea for you since it focuses on expressive techniques.

About your question, no, it doesn't matter if it sounds the same and has the same feel. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 4 2019, 12:09 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2019, 01:38 PM) *
Hi mate! How are you? That's a great lesson, and a good idea for you since it focuses on expressive techniques.

About your question, no, it doesn't matter if it sounds the same and has the same feel. wink.gif

Hey Gab! doing fine and dandy! A lot of music in general half year, even though it is mostly band and not so much me practicing at home. How are you?

On to something else, here is the take on Dynamic Control: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

It is actually the third year in a row I attempt this I think blink.gif

This time though, I feel I`m getting closer. Obviously it is not perfect, but my free evenings for guitar are so rare now that I`ll try to post as much as possible when I have time.

What I think I did good/ok: Vibrato/pitch and at least some dynamics.
What I think I really need to improve: Timing and "fluidity". I am very rushed in this one. Probably because I focus on other stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:24 AM