Keith Merrow/ola Englund New Tune
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2012, 08:43 PM
GMC:er
Here is our brother in Arms/Djent Keith Merrow with his new SIgnature 7 String (drool, want one and one of Ola's) and Ola actually plays a SOLO which is something I rarely see him do.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2012, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Not sure if this is the place to ask but I keep seeing this name, Ola Englund being written a lot.. who exactly is he ??? I know I could search him up but it's more interesting to have a conversation !! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 28 2012, 10:33 AM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 28 2012, 02:15 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 27 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Here is our brother in Arms/Djent Keith Merrow with his new SIgnature 7 String (drool, want one and one of Ola's) and Ola actually plays a SOLO which is something I rarely see him do.

Keith's "predator" inlay looks awesome !! And those guitars look really thin.
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 28 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Not sure if this is the place to ask but I keep seeing this name, Ola Englund being written a lot.. who exactly is he ??? I know I could search him up but it's more interesting to have a conversation !! laugh.gif

User Ben Higgins
Banned for a week
Reason: He does not know who Ola Englund is

rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 28 2012, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 28 2012, 02:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ola Englund is the guitarist for Feared and Six Feet Under. He is a very popular "youtube" guitarist as well. I want to like him but just generally don't like his tone or his music, I seem to be the only one laugh.gif

I think Keith Merrow is much better in pretty much all respects though, he has some killer riffs and his tone is a bit more unique to my ears.

Although, I suggest watching Ola Englunds studio walkthrough, quite cool.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2012, 02:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 28 2012, 02:15 PM) *
User Ben Higgins
Banned for a week
Reason: He does not know who Ola Englund is

rolleyes.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 28 2012, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
Ola is basically a Metal Guitar Player from Sweden. Has a spiff youtube channel and does lots of gear tests and recording advice vids. Boot strapped himself form nothing to 10 million views on YT and ended up in SFU and with his own line of 7 String Guitars. Well played Ola!

Keith is basically Metal Guitar Player from the U.S. Midlands. Again spiff youtube channel and also now has his own line of 7 string guitars made by the same folks as Ola (Strictly 7 Guitars).

Strictly 7 is, well, a 7 String guitar boutique custom shop so to speak. They make other types but they do 7's the way Ibanez used. Which is to say, "The Right Way".

Here is an Ola vid of him making "profiles" on his Axe FX

Here is a kieth vid of his studio walk through

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 28 2012, 09:30 AM) *
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:41 PM