Quick Licks #46 Building A Solo Part Ii
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2018, 08:06 PM
GMC:er
Let's continue our work from Quick Licks 45. Using the same backing track. ("Suspended Growth" by Hamin), we are going to add another lick to what e did last time. These two licks work together. You can play them in any order and at any speed and they will still work. If you are not comfortable playing with music, you can use a metronome. Either way is ok for Quick Licks!

*Have a look at the video

*This is based on my recent collab with Iranian Djent fiend HAMIN. Here is the full solo. We are working on the middle bit today. Keep a good palm mute the entire time!

*NOTE: Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch.
Attached Image

Attached File  46.gp5 ( 1.8K ) Number of downloads: 116

BACKING TRACK: (Suspended Growth: By Hamin from the Republic of Iran)
Attached File  Suspended_Growth__Backingt.mp3 ( 8.6MB ) Number of downloads: 196

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS : Try this lick with the backing! Keep it clean. Repeat as needed Also, make SURE to play the picking pattern as written. It's a pattern that we are going to use quite a bit on a variety of licks.

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Phil66
Nov 15 2019, 12:00 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks buddy, so if you want round two, what should I focus on? Which is the worst element?

Cheers
Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 15 2019, 08:26 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:44 AM