Guitar Stands
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 10:36 AM
GMC:er
My band plays a lot of gigs and I need several guitars for our upcoming gigs as we are playing for 2 hours+ and are in multiple tunings. What stand could you recommend for using at gigs for the guitars and it would be helpful if it were useful at home also. I need it to hold 4 electric guitars and 1 acoustic guitar at least.

Any help would be awesome as I know absolutely nothing about them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Trond Vold
May 28 2008, 10:42 AM
Instructor
I strongly recommend Hercules stands. I dont think they have any stands that will hold 4 guitars + 1 acoustic though..

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS432B.html This one will hold 3.

I've got the one that holds 2 guitars, and it's a real quality stand.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 10:49 AM
They look fine for home use but very easy to knock over for live use. I really wanted a pack away sturdy rack type guitar stand if anybody knows any? Like bands use when playing gigs.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 28 2008, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Here's something that can be interesting.

http://www.chamberlainmusic.com/ProductDet...ProductID=GS450

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 12:55 PM
That is more like what I want to be honest. Whether or not it's sturdy enough is hard to tell from a picture and the price is quite steep. I may try and find it cheaper on ebay.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 28 2008, 01:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe something like this :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roc...Case?sku=455007

or this :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fen...tand?sku=454508

smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 01:59 PM
That Fender one looks incredible but is a bit on the steep side. I prefer the Fender one to the Warwick as there is nothing to secure the guitars in place on the Warwick one. No neck support.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 28 2008, 02:02 PM
Fender one is beautiful smile.gif And holds 7 guitars smile.gif That case also looks great with its vintage look smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 02:04 PM
There is a similar Warwick one that holds 7 guitars for $180 so I will probably go for that in a tweed case and that holds the guitars in place. The Fender one is brilliant but a bit much for what I want it for.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 28 2008, 02:24 PM
I notice that warwick ones don't have "locks" on the part that holds the headstock of guitar...I don't know why they didn't implant such a simple thing , even plain stands have those rubber locks that hold the guitar in place..

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 02:53 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 28 2008, 02:24 PM) *
I notice that warwick ones don't have "locks" on the part that holds the headstock of guitar...I don't know why they didn't implant such a simple thing , even plain stands have those rubber locks that hold the guitar in place..

It seems strange because it is easy to knock the stand and if the rubber locks aren't on then the guitars can be pushed over easily which ibvously isn't good.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 28 2008, 03:55 PM
Instructor
THe Fender looks awesome withthat dark red plush interior. I have the same one in my case smile.gif

But Warwick is maybe what I would have a go, and you should check about the neck holder parts. I think maybe small ropes or belts are bundled or if not they are relatively easy to made. Just use a couple of pieces of nice black leather and you can secure the guitars in place.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 28 2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah as Ivan said, you can easily make your own straps for that warwick case

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 28 2008, 09:57 PM
I'm a lazy git though lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:23 PM