Ampsim User In Need Of Help, Static problem and String changing
Jesper L
Sep 3 2008, 08:46 PM
GMC:er
Hi all finally i took my time to register for the site after Ive been peeking around on it for months tongue.gif So first I want to sort some of my sound problems out. The main problem i have is that i get an static sound when i play. I'm using TonePort UX2 and Revalver MK III/Amplitube 2 & Metal/Revalver MK II and Guitar Rig 3/2 (Differs from what i need to play, shred, rythm etc) same problem in all apps.

I live in an old house without Grounded powersources, perhaps this is the problem, the static lowers dramaticly when i put my hand on the strings. Actually to lower the static i have an emergency soulution, I have and old audiocable connected from my computer to a radiator, sounds strange I know smile.gif

So do anyone think that grounding will be the solution to this?

What about DI BOX? Can I connect a DI BOX like this:"Dry Signal(Guitar) -> DI BOX -> INTERFACE -> AUDIOPROCESSING?; If that works, could that lower the static sound aswell?

And my last question, time to change strings so my question is what fits a GMC student. I use SkullStrings at the moment 11->58 And that is to thick for as high as standard tuning cause i really hurt my fingers on an 3h or more session. So 9s or 10s? And what brand? I sometimes need to tune as low as 3 steps down.

Sorry for this messy post hope you can understand some of it atleast:P

Looking forward to get to know you guys! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 3 2008, 09:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For the static noise , grounding must be problem ...Maybe also grounding in your guitar is to blame.Also try moving your guitar away from CRT PC monitor or similar electronic equipment to see if problem persists!

You can use DI box like that but I don't think static problems will disappear.

Regarding string lots of brands out there , its a matter of taste..I would recommend ernie ball strings, 9s are cool if you play in standard tuning...It goes like this , the lower the tuning the thicker strings you need..See which tuning you use the most and buy strings for it.

p.s.

What kind of noise is it exactly ? Constant Buzzing , or electric shock type when you touch the strings. ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 3 2008, 09:59 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 3 2008, 10:06 PM
Instructor
I can't help you with grounding issues. Try as Bogdan said to see if guitar is grounded properly. Try it on a different device, in studio or something. If the same problem occurs, then it is probably the guitar. Also check for grounding on your speakers as well.

Regarding gauge, I suggest you try some hybrid set like 10-52. You can tune down and your fingers wont suffer. In the end, find what you like, this is only a suggestion, the best way is to try out several different sets for both gauge and tone experimenting.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jesper L
Sep 3 2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for your quick replys, the static noise is an constant buzzing noise, it gets really loud when i turn sound off on my pickups (turning knobs to 0). Yeah, the guy i bought the guitar from said there was some problem he just couldnt remember what. perhaps it was grounding. Ill give it a look tomorrow while I change strings. I will also buy a grounding adapter. This will sure make my soundquality better. Thanks again Ivan and Bogdan!

This post has been edited by Jesper L: Sep 3 2008, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 3 2008, 10:26 PM
Instructor
No problems mate, glad to help. Check with guitar tech, grounding is fairly easy and cheap to do on a guitar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 4 2008, 11:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Jesper L @ Sep 3 2008, 11:16 PM) *
Thanks for your quick replys, the static noise is an constant buzzing noise, it gets really loud when i turn sound off on my pickups (turning knobs to 0). Yeah, the guy i bought the guitar from said there was some problem he just couldnt remember what. perhaps it was grounding. Ill give it a look tomorrow while I change strings. I will also buy a grounding adapter. This will sure make my soundquality better. Thanks again Ivan and Bogdan!

Yore welcome mate! Maybe just maybe it can be a problem with pickups too...Try isolating your self (moving away guitar form any electronic equipment) to see if problem persists! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toroso
Sep 5 2008, 12:23 AM
Hmmm it gets louder when the guitar is turned down? Do you have another guitar? Does it do the same with both? Also, make sure the toneport drivers are up to date. This is probably not your problem, but earlier drivers had problems with popping etc.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 8 2008, 02:18 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I doubt that it is a driver problem, this buzzing is typically caused by grounding problems. You should for sure check if your guitar is properly grounded, you should also check the cables that you are using. Turning the guitar away from the monitor can also help, because your pickups might pick up ( smile.gif ) the magnetic field of the monitor and this can create a big buzzing. Something else that you can try is to reverse the power plugs of all your gear, I know it sounds stupid, but it can be the solution. Don't ask me why, I just know it works, it of course also has to do with grounding wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:11 AM