Best Budget Guitars Of 2021? Part 2
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2021, 07:21 AM
GMC:er
Let’s add a few more guitars to our budget list of possible axes. This is a great year for budget guitars as it turns out. Not everyone wants a cheap guitar to be sure, however, it’s always good to have a “basher” guitar that you don’t have to keep in a case. Something that you can keep out and ready to play at all times without worrying if it’s gonna get dusty or scratched up. Many folks keep their best axe cased up all the time which makes it a bit of a hassle to reach for it. Nothing wrong with keeping good care of a great guitar to be sure. I did find it liberating though when I picked my cheapest axe and just left it on the stand and plugged in to the interface so that it’s ready to go at all times. I find I reach for it a lot more than I did when I kept them all in cases. To this end, I stopped keeping any of them in cases and now keep them all on stands and use a dust cover on them to keep dust off. But I digress. Let’s look at guitars!

6.)YAMAHA REVSTAR RS320

This one looks familiar in shape but maintains it’s own sense of identity. It’s got a Nato body and neck with 24.75 scale on it’s 22 frets, which is the shortest yet in this roundup. Having a very short scale like this means that the guitar has a naturally loose feel which makes bending/vibrato a breeze. It’s got 2 house brand humbuckers (HH config) and comes in a variety of colors. It’s not yet another super strat clone so it stands out a bit just from it’s styling. It’s priced at $400.
Attached Image

7.)EPIPHONE SG STANDARD

If you are a big fan of AC/DC then this is the guitar for you. Or if you are a devotee of Black Sabbath or classic rock in general, this is a great choice. These guitars have a long pedigree in the world of Rock. This one is an Epiphone so it’s the budget version of the real SG. It’s got a mahogany body and 22 fret neck. The neck is at 24.75 scale so it’s also quite short and will thus be great for bending/vibrato which makes it a great lead guitar weapon. It’s got two epiphone alnico humbuckers (HH config) and comes in a variety of colors. The price is $450 which is pretty good for a classic shape from a builder with a long pedigree.
Attached Image

8.)SQUIER BULLET MUSTANG
If you are a fan of the traditional Mustang shape by Fender, this is the starter axe for you. Also, fans of grunge rock have been fans of this shape due to Nirvana’s long standing influence and take these guitars and swap the pickups out for high gain pups. This axe has a basswood bodd and maple 22 fret neck at 24 inch scale. It’s got two squier humbuckers in HH config. One feature of the guitar is that is fits well for players with smaller hands. It’s not a “mini” guitar, it’s a full size instrument, but it is a bit smaller than most full size guitars with the shortest scale length of any guitar in this roundup. It would make a great starter guitar for that reason alone. Making chords easier to fret, bends easier to get and vibrato easier to achieve. Best of all, it’s a great bargain at $180. For that price, I might get one myself just to try it out. It’s hard to go wrong with a Fender for under $200.
Attached Image

9.)IBANEZ GIO GRGR120EX

Despite it’s obscure nomenclature, as it typical with Ibanez, this is a solid starter guitar, especially for fans of Metal. It’s got a poplar body and maple neck at traditional 25.5 scale and 24 frets. It has ibanez brand infinity humbuckers in HH config and a two point non locking trem. It also has a reversed headstock and reverse shark fin inlays on the fretboard. These details make it attractive for metal fans as these bits are often found on guitars from some of the top metal bands. It’s got a wizard III neck which has a very slim profile that makes it easier to play for some folks, especially for some first timers. It looks agressive and plays well. It’s hard to beat for $200.
Attached Image

10.)EPIPHONE ES-335 SEMI-HOLLOWBODY
For fans of semi hollow body guitars, this is a classic take on classic axes. Favored by blues men and jazz guys, this is the Epiphone version of the vintage Gibson 335. Gibson’s epiphone range is their budget range of course and why they are included in this roundup. It’s got a maple body and mahogany neck at 24.75 inch scale with 22 frets. It’s got two alnico humbuckers in HH confi and the classic four knob one switch controls. It’s a whole lot of guitar for $355
Attached Image

These are just a few of the great guitars available for a great price this year. I’ve seen a ton of budget/starter guitars released this year and it’s good to see so many option available. It’s a great time to start playing guitar or to add a “basher” to your collection.

*This article was very helpful in composing this post and part 1.
https://www.guitarworld.com/features/best-b...lectric-guitars

*Check out this BOOGIE lesson for beginners!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Guitar-Boogie/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 3 2021, 02:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 29 2021, 03:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
Harley Benton literally has every guitar style in existence for a ridiculous low amount of money, and the quality is very good!

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Jul 29 2021, 03:59 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2021, 12:57 AM
GMC:er
Well said. Harley Benton Guitars makes some very affordable instruments all the way down to below $77 for an entry level strat design.
https://harleybenton.com/product/st-20hss-ca/
Attached Image

Kramer makes an entry level model as well for $163
https://www.kramerguitars.com/Guitar/KRAR79...e/Vintage-White
Attached Image

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 29 2021, 10:57 AM) *
Harley Benton literally has every guitar style in existence for a ridiculous low amount of money, and the quality is very good!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 30 2021, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:53 AM