Mixing And Mastering
Owen
Jul 27 2007, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
To put this simply, I'm looking at how to better mix and master my stuff, I have an idea of the basic functions, EQ, High & Low Pass Filters, Compression ect and what they do.

I do not however have any clue as to how to use them in context or action.

Does anyone know any good guides or information on where to start with something like this?

Thanks in advance guys smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Owen: Jul 27 2007, 10:47 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 27 2007, 10:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 27 2007, 05:46 PM) *
To put this simply, I'm looking at how to better mix and master my stuff, I have an idea of the basic functions, EQ, High & Low Pass Filters, Compression ect and what they do.

I do not however have any clue as to how to use them in context or action.

Does anyone know any good guides or information on where to start with something like this?

Thanks in advance guys smile.gif

Years of experience ...

Do you subscribe to Sound on Sound? If so, you can access their online archive of articles, that's a great resource. If you don't subscribe to the magazine (and you really shoud if you are interested in this stuff, its an excellent read), you can subscribe to just the website. Anything older than a year is available anyway - well worth a browse.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 27 2007, 10:52 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 28 2007, 05:48 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
+1 for SoS

- great equipment reviews and they also run monthly 'how to' type workshops for most of the major software sequencers plus monthly articles again on how to use particular types of studio equipment, how famous producers put together a particular track, troubleshooting and so on. Only downside is that the magazine usually ends up being expensive for me - can't read it without wanting to buy something wink.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 26 2007, 08:14 AM
Instructor
I would LOOOVE to get better at it too.
If anyone has more resources please post them!
I've seen a few on Youtube, but they are very basic and poor quality..

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:59 AM