Guitar Pro
Buster365
Aug 23 2007, 10:41 AM
GMC:er
Hi. I just received and installed Guitar Pro 5. The problem is that when I open
the link in the video lessons, the file opens, but I get no sound. I can read the
notation and tab just fine. Help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 23 2007, 11:38 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Buster365 @ Aug 23 2007, 04:41 AM) *
Hi. I just received and installed Guitar Pro 5. The problem is that when I open
the link in the video lessons, the file opens, but I get no sound. I can read the
notation and tab just fine. Help!

First of all this is a great program, which I only recently learned. It has helped me tremendously.

You say you received GP 5, does that mean you purchased it online or received it on a CD?

You must also download or install the RSE sound banks which includes the guitars, bass and drums. I was not able to get it to work without first doing so. They can be downloaded in the members area at guitar-pro.com.

If you have a guitar port of some other similar device, which can be used as your sound card in some cases, you need to check options->audio settings in GP 5 to make sure it is using the correct device.

Good luck. I hope you get it working.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kahall: Aug 23 2007, 11:39 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 23 2007, 11:44 AM
You shouldnt have to download the RSE to get sound... Although I would still reccomend it as it makes it sound a whole lot better. Have you tryed checking all your sound options to make sure everything is turned on and you are using midi synth in the audio settings..

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
swingline
Aug 23 2007, 11:49 AM
More than likely if your using the MIDI part of the program and you have no audio it is because the "SW Synth" is turned down on "Volume Control". Just double-click on the volume control icon on the task bar and turn it up. (This is for Windows if you have Mac I have no idea on how to fix it.)

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Buster365
Aug 23 2007, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Aug 23 2007, 06:49 AM) *
More than likely if your using the MIDI part of the program and you have no audio it is because the "SW Synth" is turned down on "Volume Control". Just double-click on the volume control icon on the task bar and turn it up. (This is for Windows if you have Mac I have no idea on how to fix it.)

That's exactly what was wrong. I downloaded some GP files and they played just fine. I then upgraded
to the 5.2 version. After that I tried to play the GP files in the video lessons. That's when I posted my
question to the forum. I then got the brainstorm about the volume control and sure enough, the volume
slider for Midi was all the way off. Felt like an idiot! Thanks for all your help guys.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 AM