Spooky And Totally Weird.. Have Anyone Experienced This?
Staffy
Jun 19 2009, 12:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
I own a mexican strat. When i have played on the neck pickup for about an hour or so, it suddenly dies!
No sound at all!! But the other pickups works. Then, if a disconnect the guitar and leave it for some hours, the sound
is back again.... It has happen three times in a row now. I've been playing guitar for about 35 years, and I never
experienced anything similar. Totally weird... I guess it has something to do with magnetism, but I can't figure out why?

Has anyone else experienced this ???

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edguy
Jun 19 2009, 12:52 PM
Learning Roadie
It could be a defective contact. Maybe one cable is not soldered on anymore. I have similar problem with my guitar and bridge pickup. My volume knob has a defective contact too. if its full turned up sometimes i have no sound at all from the pick up. Then i have to turning the knob a little and then it works again. Maybe something like that happend at your guitar too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 19 2009, 01:10 PM
Instructor
Probably soldering/contact issue.
Are you good with soldering?
If not you can take it to local music shop
and let someone there fix it for you. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2009, 07:03 PM
Instructor
It should be a minor electronic contact issue, as Muris said, anybody in the music store or you if you know to solder can fix it easily.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 20 2009, 09:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanx guy's, but it's not a contact issue, therefore I said it was spooky. I'm pretty good at electronics and had the problems You're referring to a lot of times with other guitars. I've pulled and pushed the cables with no difference, turned the knobs, messing with the switch - no matter what, the pickup is dead - but only after one hours playing.... If a leave the guitar for a while and then come back to play, then the pickup works.... Whats really strange here, is that if I switch cable, it works partially for some minutes and then dies again.... My own theory about this is:
a) A bad capacitor
cool.gif The wiring in the pickup itself, e.g when it gets magnetized by the strings, the magnetic field is reversed and therefore cannot output any sound.

The latter am I not sure about since I'm not good at magnetism, but a bad wiring in the pickup might be the problem anyhow....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 20 2009, 09:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That sounds a lot like a problem i have had with my neck pickup a while back. Check out this topic ..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...&pid=233627

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 20 2009, 10:20 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanx, this maybe be will be the issue, I will check it up.... Or replace the pickup...

//Staffay

QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 20 2009, 10:58 AM) *
That sounds a lot like a problem i have had with my neck pickup a while back. Check out this topic ..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...&pid=233627

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 20 2009, 11:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
I actually had a break in the actual pup wire windings once on a brand new set too! Could be that I suppose....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:21 PM