Occasional Gardener..
Ben Higgins
Jun 22 2011, 12:46 PM
Instructor
.. is what I sometimes do. For extra work I sometimes do gardening work (mowing lawns and manly stuff, not planting flowers etc) tongue.gif

Now you've got that amusing picture in your minds, what jobs/occupations do you guys have ? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
thefireball
Jun 22 2011, 01:22 PM
Learning Roadie
While searching for a job in my field of computers, I currently work at Maintenance at the college. I do office work, but sometimes a lot of grunt work too. The past week was filled full of mulching and weeding. We re-did the flower beds. That was back-aching pain.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 22 2011, 01:58 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Apart from the day job as an ME I'm also employed by a couple of UK universities to examine post graduate and doctoral candidates.

We also live on a 4 acre small holding so there's always plenty of gardening to be done here as well Ben wink.gif. Oddly enough it's my wife who likes gardening just plants things but she never sems to do any of the digging/weeding/strimming etc. I end up doing all of that even though I'm not fond of gardening at all rolleyes.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 22 2011, 02:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've done a lot of working in stockrooms, with clothes, bread, towels, mail...
A long time ago also some in a kindergarden and phoner for an insurance company.

Now I help mentally and/or physically handicapped people to get around to activities.
It could be, cinemas, amusementparks, museums, parties or just a bike ride.
I get most transport and all entrances paid and most of the time we eat at restaurants.

I've ben eating out more than ever this last year and seen a lot of cultural offers. biggrin.gif
It's not really good money but still 55-80% of what I get when finished studying,
and it's mostly weekends.

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 22 2011, 02:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 22 2011, 02:10 PM
GMC:er
This summer im going to Switzerland with the rest of my band. working in....something..that my father got us ..hope i don't die q:

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 22 2011, 02:39 PM
Instructor
I like DIY projects, and are fond to make things. Not too skillful with metal tho, but I like fixing/upgrading/restoring all sorts of old things smile.gif Would like to have one big studio/workshop some day.. And it's going to happen, I'll build it myself as soon as I can collect the money and find a suitable piece of land tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 22 2011, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 22 2011, 01:58 PM) *
Apart from the day job as an ME I'm also employed by a couple of UK universities to examine post graduate and doctoral candidates.

We also live on a 4 acre small holding so there's always plenty of gardening to be done here as well Ben wink.gif

Hmmm, if you need a gardener for a few weeks during the year ? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 22 2011, 01:22 PM) *
While searching for a job in my field of computers, I currently work at Maintenance at the college. I do office work, but sometimes a lot of grunt work too. The past week was filled full of mulching and weeding. We re-did the flower beds. That was back-aching pain.

Yeah, all that kneeling down kills the back wink.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 22 2011, 02:06 PM) *
Now I help mentally and/or physically handicapped people to get around to activities.
It could be, cinemas, amusementparks, museums, parties or just a bike ride.
I get most transport and all entrances paid and most of the time we eat at restaurants.

That's a really giving and noble job.. good for you smile.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 22 2011, 02:10 PM) *
This summer im going to Switzerland with the rest of my band. working in....something..that my father got us ..hope i don't die q:

What is it ?? A old coal mine or something ?? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 22 2011, 02:39 PM) *
I like DIY projects, and are fond to make things. Not too skillful with metal tho, but I like fixing/upgrading/restoring all sorts of old things smile.gif Would like to have one big studio/workshop some day.. And it's going to happen, I'll build it myself as soon as I can collect the money and find a suitable piece of land tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I can see a big wooden recording studio...... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 22 2011, 06:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 22 2011, 06:42 PM) *
That's a really giving and noble job.. good for you smile.gif

Yes and hard work today,
visiting this ship http://www.casr.ca/id-danish-naval-projects-absalon.htm
Then watching some male national beach volley team lose to Brazil (there were some women players too wink.gif )
At the end we had softdrinks at a bar near the water.
Work sure is hard...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 22 2011, 10:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 22 2011, 06:42 PM) *
I can see a big wooden recording studio...... tongue.gif

Yes, with lots of flowers in it biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 23 2011, 03:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
well ,I got laid off 2 and half years ago from construction so now I have , framed , trimmed, built decks, fixed toilets, replaced plumbing fixtures, painted , hung sheetrock, muded sheetrock,laid carpet, set hardwood floors, remodled kitchens, fixed shingles,installed shower doors ,installed stormdoors, and have a bath tub refinishing business.
I have never worked harder in my life, but I have food on the table,and I have seen my wife and kids much more than when I had a nine to five
oh ya- we also have a garden with snow peas ,green beans ,tomatoes ,cucumbers,watermelons and cantaloupe

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jun 23 2011, 07:28 AM
GMC:er
Sometimes I do gardening to... my parents force me to do the weeding, hate it!
Mowing the garden and letting the grass grow is more ideal. Maybe a water feature in the middle with some frogs to keep it clean. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 23 2011, 08:45 AM
Instructor
I never ever liked gardening, because my mom is obsessed with flowers and always takes care to let me know about it biggrin.gif so I kinda ran away from that activity since I was a kid biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:48 PM