4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
As Whom Would You Like To Sing?
acousticwanabee
Jul 11 2007, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
i lthink it would be cool to sing like robert plant or the lead singer for iron maaiden i can never remember his name

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jul 11 2007, 12:18 AM
This is a neat thread Luciana, and I would have to say that I'd love to able to sing like James LaBrie of Dream Theater. I find his voice very silky and operatic (he is actually originally trained as an opera singer) yet very powerful at the same time.

I'm looking forward to a new project that he has going with a couple other opera singers, they're going to perform classic opera songs with prog-rockish backing scores. It's called the three rock tenors, and from the sound sample I've heard, James and the other two sound amazing!

You can take a listen at their MySpace page:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=99984324

Enjoy everyone cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 11 2007, 12:18 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (acousticwanabee @ Jul 11 2007, 01:14 AM) *
i lthink it would be cool to sing like robert plant or the lead singer for iron maaiden i can never remember his name

Bruce Dickinson, I'd like to sing like him.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 11 2007, 12:22 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 10 2007, 05:11 PM) *
Tom Waits, or perhaps.. An angel! tongue.gif

Tom Waits for all that have never heard him. You are missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-KhvrGwCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzKiqk2iynY...ted&search=

- Hemlok

Tom waits is awesome. Whats he building in there?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jul 11 2007, 03:02 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Manny @ Jul 9 2007, 11:06 PM) *
james hetfield!!
people think hes all hardcore because he is in Metallica, but if you listen to some of their slow songs, he really has a great voice

that's true.. I love his slow songs, his voice is so masculine!!!! I love it!!! (but only in his ballads!) tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jul 11 2007, 03:20 PM
Singing Instructor
sad.gif I' sorry GroovinMastiff but ...James Labrie is not good in live... his voice loses weight in high notes all the time... I think he's trying to sing all the show and his voice becomes roughness... he loses quality. It's a personal view, but the voice must be perfect for me.... then it can transmit...

This post has been edited by Luciana: Jul 11 2007, 03:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sb81
Jul 11 2007, 03:27 PM
I always liked Eddie Veter from Pearl Jam's voice, as well a Steven Tyler.

And of course....... DDDDIIIIIOOOOOO - Holy Diver!

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 11 2007, 04:41 PM
QUOTE (sb81 @ Jul 11 2007, 09:27 AM) *
I always liked Eddie Veter from Pearl Jam's voice, as well a Steven Tyler.

And of course....... DDDDIIIIIOOOOOO - Holy Diver!

Dio \m/

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jul 11 2007, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (Luciana @ Jul 11 2007, 11:20 AM) *
sad.gif I' sorry GroovinMastiff but ...James Labrie is not good in live... his voice loses weight in high notes all the time... I think he's trying to sing all the show and his voice becomes roughness... he loses quality. It's a personal view, but the voice must be perfect for me.... then it can transmit...

No need to be sorry, everyone can have their own opinion smile.gif Also, you might be right, I've never seen him live (only on DVDs, but that doesn't count), I based my opinion from his recorded material with Dream Theater and other side projects he did. On records and DVDs, he sounds amazing to me, although there probably is some cleaning up of the vocals that goes on during editing.

Anyway, if I had to pick someone else, I would have have to pick the king of opera himself, Luciano Pavarotti (I'm kind of an opera fan tongue.gif ). He has such a magnificent voice, he (and a lot of other opera singers) can fill a whole concert hall with their voice with no microphone! It amazes me how he can sing at such high volumes, yet keep his voice so clean and focused at the same time. smile.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 11 2007, 05:33 PM
Lets go fishing!
I see alot of Freddie Mercury fans here. For me it has to be.........yeah you guessed it, FREDDIE MERCURY!
He is just so amaizing, everytime i hear him sing it just moves me. Such power and range - just wow!

Bono of U2 is my other faviroute, hell i even like the Edge's vocals! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jul 11 2007, 05:54 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (GroovinMastiff @ Jul 11 2007, 04:58 PM) *
No need to be sorry, everyone can have their own opinion smile.gif Also, you might be right, I've never seen him live (only on DVDs, but that doesn't count), I based my opinion from his recorded material with Dream Theater and other side projects he did. On records and DVDs, he sounds amazing to me, although there probably is some cleaning up of the vocals that goes on during editing.

Anyway, if I had to pick someone else, I would have have to pick the king of opera himself, Luciano Pavarotti (I'm kind of an opera fan tongue.gif ). He has such a magnificent voice, he (and a lot of other opera singers) can fill a whole concert hall with their voice with no microphone! It amazes me how he can sing at such high volumes, yet keep his voice so clean and focused at the same time. smile.gif

ohmy.gif I use to like me James Labrie, then I changed my opinion when i saw him in live. but i hope he learn with this new teacher you told us!! laugh.gif

and by the way...I respect Luciano Pavarotti a lot ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Luciana: Jul 11 2007, 05:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 12 2007, 12:24 AM
One singer who I really like is Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

He doesn't have the Best Voice out there but I wouldn't mind being able to sing like him.

Other people who I would like to sing like are Don Henley from the Eagles and Jack Bruce from Cream.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 12 2007, 12:33 AM
Jeff Buckley

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bjoerne
Jul 13 2007, 08:54 PM
Hmm im surprised noone has mentioned Mikael Åkerfeldt of opeth , he's in my opinion one of the best (if not the best) death metal vocalist out there, at the same time he can sing really beautifull with his clean voice. He is my favourite singer and has been for quite some time now

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 13 2007, 09:11 PM
QUOTE (Bjoerne @ Jul 13 2007, 07:54 PM) *
Hmm im surprised noone has mentioned Mikael Åkerfeldt of opeth , he's in my opinion one of the best (if not the best) death metal vocalist out there, at the same time he can sing really beautifull with his clean voice. He is my favourite singer and has been for quite some time now

Indeed!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2007, 03:34 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
No one can beat This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5LRReFYus...ted&search=
Mikael = God

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jul 14 2007, 03:35 AM

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 14 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Luciana @ Jul 9 2007, 05:03 PM) *
blink.gif
Sometimes we identify with some singers. we feel something special when they are singing and we don't know why.
Maybe we prefer the quality or the style of others, but we feel nice when that singer is singing...

that's the interpretation? or the words he used in his song? or the melody so nice?

I love the technique of Bono but i feel better when i hear Bjôrk. I'd love to sing like her! you can feel every word she say

what do you think?? what's your favorite singer? o better As whom would you like to sing?

Luciana - I posted this singer already but I did find a Youtube video. It is old, 1986, so the quality of the video is not that great, however, this is a live performance and I have never heard anyone sing like this - especially live! smile.gif It's bluegrass and most on here like metal but hang in there with it cause at the end he holds a long strong note and incredible vibrato throughout!

Go John Cowan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmFsi_MtfmA...ted&search=

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 14 2007, 05:44 AM
Metallica is what made me play guitar so i would say James for my favorite vocal in my style ,but if i had the option of any singer it would have to be Freddy Mrecury because there isnt many poeple even today that can hit some of the octaves he did and if you had his voice you could probably do it all.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 14 2007, 06:04 AM
Anthony Kiedis from the Chili Peppers really speaks to me when he sings.
Um I love Josh Grobans voice

If I had a sex change michael jacksons voice, wait nvm tongue.gif

But probably I dont think you can go wrong with William Hung
-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
LiveRust
Jul 14 2007, 06:08 AM
Id rather listen to good lyrics or someone who sings songs that match their voice. Then someone who has a great voice but can't write a song.

I love Lou Reed how he can add spook to the songs by his raw voice. No one can sing Sweet Jane like Lou can.

I would love to be able to sing like Van Morrison, Mick Jagger and Roy Orbison.
Other people I would love to sing like is
- Bruce Springsteen
- David Bowie
- Jeff Tweedy (Wilco)
- Bob Dylan (Yes I said Bob Dylan. He also brings that rawness and spook into his songs)
- Tom Petty
- Rod Stewart

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:43 AM