3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Petitkyu's Bootcamp!, Welcome to the Path of the Warrior!
petitkyu
Apr 15 2021, 08:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey Sarge,

I've been trying to follow your advices, and worked at a single position...
I am more or less able to reach 190 bpm... but then comes another difficulty: the metronome goes too fast for me to be sure that I am right on the click.... I think I could go faster, but with no real control on the speed...

Here is my attempt at 190 bpm:

I'm afraid that for the mission, 170 bpm remains my limit...

what do you think?

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 18 2021, 08:19 PM
Hey Sarge,

I hope you are feeling better now! Some you have the feeling that the vaccine might be worse than the actual disease... but I am convinced it's worth in this case!

I've been trying to increase the speed on mission 8...
Here it is at 170 bpm

at 180 bpm (not far from my limit...)

and at 190bpm (this last one is just for the challenge... it's really over my limit right now!).

What do you think!!

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2021, 03:55 AM
IMPRESSIVE!!!! This is very good work soldier. You took all of the advice and put it to good use and and then put in the practice. That's the real secret about getting better. it doesn't occur as a matter of leaps and bounds, but more inch by inch. This can be daunting until one embraces each inch as a it's own measure of progress and success. Each success builds on the last and and your skill will grow and grow and grow.

Very well played here. The key to this Mission is being able to play a very complicated pattern on beat. I really focus on keeping this one on target and it does take a bit of repetition. This pattern that you are doing is called a 'Scale inversion" and it's a complex pattern that challenges the fingers. It makes a great warmup and gets the blood flowing. This one is too complex to shred, but it is perfect for building a relationship with the beat, with time. Being able to play "in time" is a crucial part of being a great player. Your timing has improved quite a bit since you started working on this Mission and you have earned your badge Soldier. You are ready for what awaits!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!

P.S. I agree about the vaccine. It's worth the trouble it causes smile.gif

Sarge

QUOTE (petitkyu @ Apr 18 2021, 03:19 PM) *
Hey Sarge,

I hope you are feeling better now! Some you have the feeling that the vaccine might be worse than the actual disease... but I am convinced it's worth in this case!

I've been trying to increase the speed on mission 8...
Here it is at 170 bpm

at 180 bpm (not far from my limit...)

and at 190bpm (this last one is just for the challenge... it's really over my limit right now!).

What do you think!!

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 19 2021, 03:57 AM

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 25 2021, 08:03 PM
Hey Sarge!

I hope you are feeling better now!

I've been working on mission 9 for one week... although the left hand pattern seems rather simple, it seems to me to be very demanding on the left hand's muscles...

Nevertheless, here is a take at 120 bpm (as triplets):

I wanted to put a video at 130 bpm (which is a little be too fast right now) but for some reasons, I can't have Reaper to record another take... I spent half an hour to try to find out what was wrong.... but no way. mad.gif

Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2021, 06:38 AM
Well fought Soldier!! You are putting all of the elements together and it's starting to work!! This one does look simple on paper. After all, it's just 3 notes. The shape doesn't change. It's just the same shape, on two strings, marched up one fret at a time. Simple right? Well, sorta. Once you start playing it, your hands start to realize that this is going to be a bit more work than it first might appear. Due to the fact that we are only moving one fret at a time, the fingers really get to work quite a bit as they march up the neck. Also, good use of the pinky here. It's tough to march up the neck and lead with the pinky and you did a fine job of it. Nice!

Solid mute, good hand synch, clean pick strikes, Nice! This makes a very good warmup lick and it's good for working on your endurance. Make sure to keep your grip on the guitar and the pick as loose as you can, and see how many times you can run this up the neck. Don't play to the point of pain, ever. But, running this up and then changing to a new couple of strings, lower or higher, is a great workout for the hands.

You've got this Soldier!!
You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (petitkyu @ Apr 25 2021, 03:03 PM) *
Hey Sarge!

I hope you are feeling better now!

I've been working on mission 9 for one week... although the left hand pattern seems rather simple, it seems to me to be very demanding on the left hand's muscles...

Nevertheless, here is a take at 120 bpm (as triplets):

I wanted to put a video at 130 bpm (which is a little be too fast right now) but for some reasons, I can't have Reaper to record another take... I spent half an hour to try to find out what was wrong.... but no way. mad.gif

Laurent

+Quote Post
petitkyu
May 10 2021, 09:42 PM
Hey Sarge,

that last mission was a pain! I struggled quite a bit before being able to record something...

Here it is at 150 bpm

at 160 bpm

and an attempt at 170 bpm

have an nice day!
Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2021, 05:27 AM
Congrats Soldier!!! This Missions is a big ROAD BLOCK. It is meant to serve as a barrier. There are several like it. It's meant to be a bit of a stumbling block to force you to dig deep and find your inner power. The good news is that you have done just that!!!! This is a "Inversion" lesson. This way of playing a scale is by far my favorite. It's not something that everyone can do to be honest. You'll notice many top players using this type of lick and making it look easy. You've just joined the ranks of people who actually play this. it's not easy and it takes work. It's a bit tricky, a bit of a finger twister. Most players avoid these type of licks as they often see them as more work than they are worth. After all, it's not a "shred" lick, it's impossible to play it very fast. It's not a "sweep" lick, so it doesn't sound like an trendy 8bit video game. It's a lot work to add some texture. I do think it's worth it as it will give your guitar solo work a bit of something that other solos just lack. character. Now that you have it down, I'd love to see you try to MULTI PICK it!!! I know you've worked quite hard on this Id like to challenge you even further. This is OPTIONAL of course. if you think it's beyond your current available time/etc. Feel free to decline.

If you decide to take it on, try to "double pick" play each note twice or triple or quad pick it. Multi picking is a new world of picking. it's not for the timid. I see a boldness in your playing that makes me think it might be fore you. Just add it in with your next vid if you like wink.gif

For this one, you just..

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (petitkyu @ May 10 2021, 04:42 PM) *
Hey Sarge,

that last mission was a pain! I struggled quite a bit before being able to record something...

Here it is at 150 bpm

at 160 bpm

and an attempt at 170 bpm

have an nice day!
Laurent

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2021 - 11:43 PM