So I Found This Guy On Youtube
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 01:56 AM
GMC:er
I think he can play som but his alternate picking is a bit off;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAPZCfg8HUo...feature=related

wink.gif tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Feb 17 2008, 02:01 AM
What did we tell you about searching for guys on youtube!!! Jk, But yeah his technique is a little shall we say, unethically technically amazingly bad... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 17 2008, 02:01 AM
Instructor
I don't like his guitar dry.gif Musicman dry.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 17 2008, 02:03 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 16 2008, 06:56 PM) *
I think he can play som but his alternate picking is a bit off;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAPZCfg8HUo...feature=related

wink.gif tongue.gif

It is easy to take him for granted, but correct, he is a pretty incredible guitarist, very few are on his level. We better watch it, or he will have to replace all his hats with bigger ones.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Feb 17 2008, 02:04 AM

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 02:04 AM
QUOTE (preownedguitar @ Feb 16 2008, 05:01 PM) *
What did we tell you about searching for guys on youtube!!! Jk, But yeah his technique is a little shall we say, unethically technically amazingly bad... smile.gif

Yeah man, I have no idea why he holds his pic like that! His playing's really inefficient, but I think theres room for improvement. smile.gif

QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 16 2008, 05:01 PM) *

Seriously, those Axis things? Like bits of cardboard, just fall to bits if you try and play them too fast!

Just as well this guys keeping it fairly low tempo biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 17 2008, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 16 2008, 07:04 PM) *
Yeah man, I have no idea why he holds his pic like that! His playing's really inefficient, but I think theres room for improvement. smile.gif

you hit it on the nail, he is clearly not even close to as good as that guy who plays 58 notes a second. As we were told, we were jealous of that guy. And as we are not showing jealousy towards this Muris fellow, he must clearly not be anywhere near as good as the 58 notes per second guy.

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 02:15 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 16 2008, 05:09 PM) *
you hit it on the nail, he is clearly not even close to as good as that guy who plays 58 notes a second. As we were told, we were jealous of that guy. And as we are not showing jealousy towards this Muris fellow, he must clearly not be anywhere near as good as the 58 notes per second guy.

Obviously, I mean, this Muris guy is just not as musically accomplished as that dude who could nail so many notes in a split second, man, I was so jealous of him, In my opinion this Muris guy needs to forget about efficiency and melody and just try to scram as many bum notes as he can into a shortened interval! Thats what makes a REAL guitarist. smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 17 2008, 02:23 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 16 2008, 07:15 PM) *
Obviously, I mean, this Muris guy is just not as musically accomplished as that dude who could nail so many notes in a split second, man, I was so jealous of him, In my opinion this Muris guy needs to forget about efficiency and melody and just try to scram as many bum notes as he can into a shortened interval! Thats what makes a REAL guitarist. smile.gif

but about the pick thing. i feel the way we hold it (assuming you are talking about the horizontal thumb/side of horizontal index finger method, was clearly described on that tablet that Moses dropped going down Mt. Sinai (the one he never told anyone about), as a "thou shalt". But after a guy is this skilled, I would not expect him to change his way. These old guys did not have the advantage of this internet site when they were learning.

Of course I am talking about the celebrated 58 note per second guy, not this Muris "58 note per second wanna be". Who cares how he holds his pick?

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 02:31 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 16 2008, 05:23 PM) *
but about the pick thing. i feel the way we hold it (assuming you are talking about the horizontal thumb/side of horizontal index finger method, was clearly described on that tablet that Moses dropped going down Mt. Sinai (the one he never told anyone about), as a "thou shalt". But after a guy is this skilled, I would not expect him to change his way. These old guys did not have the advantage of this internet site when they were learning.

Of course I am talking about the celebrated 58 note per second guy, not this Muris "58 note per second wanna be". Who cares how he holds his pick?

Not me!

I noticed he has some sort of fancy light up pick though. This is is obviously just to distract our attention away from his poor technique and improper phrasing... unsure.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 17 2008, 02:35 AM
Instructor
Pick with lights? laugh.gif Guy is a prick,I can tell you that laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 02:38 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 16 2008, 05:35 PM) *

laugh.gif

Thats too good!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 17 2008, 02:42 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 16 2008, 07:35 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2008, 03:25 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 17 2008, 02:31 AM) *
Not me!

I noticed he has some sort of fancy light up pick though. This is is obviously just to distract our attention away from his poor technique and improper phrasing... unsure.gif

ehheheh laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Feb 17 2008, 03:44 AM
Yeah, that guy must think he's Bono or something. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 17 2008, 04:01 AM
Bono doesn't wear his sunglasses in the studio?

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 17 2008, 04:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Man, I found another video of this dude. Who does he think he is anyway. All I no is this is the worst Improvisation ever. He might as well just quit. laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcm8Ee4-3M0&NR=1

Been enjoying the Extreme Neo lesson this evening and having a great time.

Thanks,

Jeff

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Feb 17 2008, 04:28 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 17 2008, 07:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 17 2008, 04:01 AM) *
Bono doesn't wear his sunglasses in the studio?

laugh.gif Probably biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 09:09 AM
Instructor
He's not bad but in GMC we have instructors that can play like him laugh.gif

Muris is the Man !!! amazing, hats off wink.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 17 2008, 11:31 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 17 2008, 02:01 AM) *

laugh.gif
Yeah, and how weak his technique was. Someone should just hand him a GMC gift certificate laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 17 2008, 11:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I don't know if he is worth it, but i would be willing to donate a few $ for his first GMC subscription ... but he should post a few more examples first ... smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:42 AM