Blind Guardian Tabs Tuning
MountainThistle
May 15 2015, 07:07 PM
GMC:er
Hello,

Recently I thought about learning some Blind Guardian songs. However, when I got the guitar pro tabs for most of their songs, I noticed that almost all of them have a tuning down 1/2 step. I attach here some examples.

Do they really use this tuning for most of the songs and if yes - why?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blind_Guardian___Banish_From_Sanctuary__2_.gp4 ( 59.03K ) Number of downloads: 161
Attached File  Blind_Guardian___Bright_Eyes.gp4 ( 55.89K ) Number of downloads: 156
Attached File  Blind_Guardian___Imaginations_From_The_Other_Side.gp4 ( 106.8K ) Number of downloads: 156

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
May 15 2015, 07:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MountainThistle @ May 15 2015, 07:07 PM) *
Hello,

Recently I thought about learning some Blind Guardian songs. However, when I got the guitar pro tabs for most of their songs, I noticed that almost all of them have a tuning down 1/2 step. I attach here some examples.

Do they really use this tuning for most of the songs and if yes - why?

Hello. I remember Marcus wrote somewhere that from some album on they used Eb standard tuning (which is everything standard but dropped a half note). I guess if you want to play along to the songs it's most convenient to use a guitar with that tuning.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MountainThistle
May 16 2015, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for the answer.

Do you know why would they do it?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:13 PM