2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Instructor: Nicholas Llerandi, Jazz meets metal
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 8 2014, 10:49 AM
GMC Founder
It's a fantastic honor to present New York based guitarist Nicholas Llerandi:

Nicholas will be giving us a fresh perspective on metal. As his style, as well as the music he writes for his progressive band Ever Forthright, is heavily inspired by jazz music.

Some of you might remember his awesome Mayones/Seymour Duncan competition entry:

In today's lesson - Jazz Ideas - Nicholas gives us a taste of the jazzy concepts he uses.

Perhaps you have heard of these jazz concepts, but still have a hard time putting them into practice? Go through today's lesson to learn about Nicholas note choice and how he combines several approaches to build and visualise his phrases.

Nicholas will be joining us here in the forum late this (European) evening

Welcome to GMC Nicholas!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 8 2014, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome aboard Nicholas!, impressive playing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 8 2014, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Warm wellcome in GMC tream smile.gif Once again congrats on Your winning in the competition smile.gif Have a great time at GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Apr 8 2014, 01:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome Nicholas! Good to have you here.
Hope you have a great time! Looking forward for more lessons from you smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 8 2014, 01:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to the forum, Nicholas smile.gif Looking forward to your lessons and seeing you on the forum smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 8 2014, 01:41 PM
Learning Tone Master

Hi Nicholas and welcome to GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2014, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Amazing stuff! Welcome to GMC Nicholas! Your playing is so fresh for the site. I will be learning your killer licks. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 8 2014, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Hi and welcome at GMC, Nicholas!
You're playing is really really impressing! I can't believe that you started playing at 2002. Awesome, man!!! ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
pikman
Apr 8 2014, 04:41 PM
GMC:er
Welcome fellow New Yorker!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 8 2014, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Nicholas - kick ass guitar playing !

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Apr 8 2014, 08:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC smile.gif Great to have you hear.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Nicholas Llerand...
Apr 8 2014, 09:24 PM
Wow Guys! What a warm welcome! Thank you very much. Now that I've worked out some kinks and have gotten fairly used to the site I will be able to really put my all into this. I have some great stuff coming! I hope you stick around and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again, All!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2014, 10:37 PM
Nice!!! pretty spiff having a member of EVER FORTHRIGHT in the fold smile.gif Welcome!!!!!!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 8 2014, 05:49 AM) *
It's a fantastic honor to present New York based guitarist Nicholas Llerandi:

Nicholas will be giving us a fresh perspective on metal. As his style, as well as the music he writes for his progressive band Ever Forthright, is heavily inspired by jazz music.

Some of you might remember his awesome Mayones/Seymour Duncan competition entry:

In today's lesson - Jazz Ideas - Nicholas gives us a taste of the jazzy concepts he uses.

Perhaps you have heard of these jazz concepts, but still have a hard time putting them into practice? Go through today's lesson to learn about Nicholas note choice and how he combines several approaches to build and visualise his phrases.

Nicholas will be joining us here in the forum late this (European) evening

Welcome to GMC Nicholas!

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 8 2014, 11:23 PM
Tone Seeker
ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2014, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Cheers man!! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif Amazing playing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 9 2014, 02:38 PM
Welcome to GMC Nicholas!! Awesome playing!! I look forward to more lessons from you! See you around in the Forums!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Tharn
Apr 10 2014, 03:30 AM
Welcome Nicholas,
It's always good to add yet another fantastic and knowledgeable guitar player as an instructor to the list of fantastic and knowledgeable guitar player/instructors already here at GMC!

I swear this place is loaded with awesome talent!

This post has been edited by Tharn: Apr 10 2014, 03:31 AM

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Apr 10 2014, 05:05 PM
Man this was awesome , Everytime I hear you instructors play it blows my mind sometimes and now this , wow That jam just grabs you by the throat .... that was bad ass man nice!!... I think what was really unique is was your jazz approach in a metal context or a MEtal approach in a Jazz Context haha I dont even know which comes first but the playing sounds great.

Welcome to GMC Nice to meet you = )

+Quote Post
Palacios
Apr 11 2014, 05:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome Nicholas. I absolutely love jazz. smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 11 2014, 06:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
ohmy.gif Dang that was awesome. I look foward to checkin out your lessons. The little easier stuff though biggrin.gif wink.gif
The piece I just listened to really made me think of a lot of stuff I've listen to by tosin abasi. This site just keeps gettin better.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:59 AM