> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 82 83 84 85 86 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Sep 14 2018, 09:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Gab,

I'm away for the weekend at the British Superbike races. Just thought I'd drop you a quick improv I did. Sorry, I didn't realise I hadn't faded it out until I played it back on hear, oooops rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/em-jam-ii

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 14 2018, 09:20 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2018, 08:20 PM
Instructor
From time to time you share a new improv and you blown my mind. smile.gif

This is amazing Phil! Great sense of phrasing, use of silences, perfect tone. Everything is fantastic. I can say that this audio reflects that all your hard work is paying mate, don't you think so??

Congratulations!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2018, 08:28 PM
Thanks Gab,

There is a lot I like about that last improvisation, obviously there are some mistakes and fumbles but it was done on the fly completely improvised. Sometimes you can tell I try something and it runs out of steam very quickly but I recover and move to a new idea. I was using Stevie Ray Vaughan's Tin Pan Alley as inspiration, (see the video below if you don't know it)

I have to say, in that recording, I wish I'd had the video going, I was pulling some funny faces wacko.gif I really seemed to be feeling it.

I posted it in the practise room but nobody has commented. I did post it with the title "Free Em backing" and didn't add my recording for a couple of days, maybe it's been overlooked. I don't mind good or bad opinions, I can take something from everything wink.gif

Cheers Gab, your kind words mean a lot.

https://youtu.be/xuYWhsjFpNM

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 16 2018, 08:29 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2018, 07:43 PM
Instructor
What an amazing track by SRV!! Thanks a lot mate, it made my day. I'll start my guitar session in an hour and this will be my inspriational track for sure.

Keep on recording your improvisations, and do it with video if it's possible!! I want to see those faces!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 18 2018, 07:56 PM
Glad you like the SRV track Gab. It's from what I consider to be his finest album, Couldn't Stand The Weather. Not a bad track on it. The title track has some beautiful rhythm playing once it gets going, and his cover of Voodoo Chile is, in my opinion, better than the original ph34r.gif

https://youtu.be/6rnrmC8W6h0

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2018, 02:32 PM
Instructor
I don't think that I've heard this album so I'll do. Thanks for your recommendation mate!

How is your practice going?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 19 2018, 09:06 PM
It's a great album and the production is a masterclass in production. Not over produce, just right, and the rimshots are real snappy.

Regarding my practise, I'll be honest Gab, my head is all over the place, as well as work and my wife's dad, I am only getting around three hours of sleep a night if I'm lucky. I'm struggling to do structured practise which is why I am currently hooked on jamming, it's a free rein and lets me loose a little. On top of that, I'm currently having an addiction to everything SRV, the more I discover, the more I want to discover and, it's all down to this one lesson, https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-...SRV-Style-Solo/ it got me hooked on SRV, I've always loved his style but now I'm hooked.

In a couple of weeks I'm off to Cala D'Or where we saw that street band last year. Hopefully I can kick my habit a little bit. Either way, I'm currently enjoying my jamming and I think I'm discovering the fretboard a little bit more.

Cheers buddy.

https://youtu.be/LYIVD5PummA

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 20 2018, 07:20 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2018, 02:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update and the video link. I'll watch it later, I'm going to Cirse's rehearsal now! smile.gif

Have a nice day mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 21 2018, 09:53 PM
Hope you enjoyed the video buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 22 2018, 09:46 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2018, 03:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 21 2018, 05:53 PM) *
Hope you enjoyed the video buddy.

It is very interesting. I've never been very into Steve's brother so this was a good introduction. Thanks mate!

I'm curious about the collab's backing issues. Why do you think that you find it difficult?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 24 2018, 04:23 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 24 2018, 03:01 PM) *
It is very interesting. I've never been very into Steve's brother so this was a good introduction. Thanks mate!

I'm curious about the collab's backing issues. Why do you think that you find it difficult?

I found it interesting how SRV's brother talks about SRV being intense and demonstrates him doing vibrato (on air guitar) and pulling a face.

Regarding the backing, I'll have some more listens to it, I've never really be a fan of Bowie so maybe it's just too specifically Bowie for me to connect with.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2018, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 24 2018, 12:23 PM) *
I found it interesting how SRV's brother talks about SRV being intense and demonstrates him doing vibrato (on air guitar) and pulling a face.

Regarding the backing, I'll have some more listens to it, I've never really be a fan of Bowie so maybe it's just too specifically Bowie for me to connect with.

Cheers buddy.

Well, I would see it as a classic rock backing track. I thought that it would be interesting to work over a classic rock backing but with a different feel and groove.

Try some classic rock licks over it and then tell me what happens!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 24 2018, 10:06 PM
I've got something to work on now. It's the rhythm though, it's very choppy, kinda staccato in a way, I'm struggling to play smoothly over it at the moment. I'm working on it though wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2018, 06:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 24 2018, 06:06 PM) *
I've got something to work on now. It's the rhythm though, it's very choppy, kinda staccato in a way, I'm struggling to play smoothly over it at the moment. I'm working on it though wink.gif

Nice! I will be great to see you breaking the ice on this one!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 25 2018, 09:22 PM
I've put a take up Gab, it's not very good but hopefully others will see it and think "I can do better than that" laugh.gif

I seriously don't mind if you want another take, I might do one anyway wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2018, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! I've just commented there, let's continue talking at that thread!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 28 2018, 09:30 PM
Hello Gab,

Off to Cala D'Or tomorrow, back on October 8th, I'll be on the forum but no playing.

Cheers buddy.

Speak soon.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2018, 04:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 28 2018, 05:30 PM) *
Hello Gab,

Off to Cala D'Or tomorrow, back on October 8th, I'll be on the forum but no playing.

Cheers buddy.

Speak soon.

Ok mate!! Enjoy your vacation! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 18 2018, 03:36 PM
Hello buddy,

I don't know if you've seen this or not wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59628

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2018, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Thanks Phil, I'll check it.

How are you doing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 82 83 84 85 86 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:29 PM