2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ufc 91, Lesnar vs Couture
FrankW
Nov 19 2008, 05:34 AM
GMC:er
Lesnar is and has been training. He won't let Mir catch him like he did the first time. He has already figured out that he must use patience. I'm sure that Lesnar will be unbeatable for a long time once he's only half way up to speed. He is just too strong and an incredible athlete. His cardio might be suspect, but he is getting up to speed for the UFC. I think he could even beat Emelienenko with six more months of training.

I don't agree that he is like Tank Abbot. Lesnar has wrestling skills that will very quickly translate over to Ju Jitsu with little training. And he can definitely punch. He knocked Mir and Herrington to the floor, no problem. He's also not carrying the bodyfat that Abbot had.

And Lesnar is one of those gifted athletes that can overpower even the biggest heavyweights. His strength index for his speed and size is almost off the charts. In the Minnesota Vikings combine, he ran a 4.62 40 at 265 lbs. He bench pressed 225 for 40 reps. His vertical jump was 36 inches. And he didn't even train for football! He's a monster. He would destroy Chek Congo.

He's just one of those rare guys that will require a minimum of training to stay at the top in my opinion. I also suspect that that giant head of his can take alot of damage. You know how the fight game goes, it only takes one well placed shot to the jaw. I don't see any true heavyweight boxers though. That will play to Lesnars' strengths.

I think that Anderson Silva will be on top in the middleweight division for a long time. He is just too good. His long limbs combined with his expertise in Muay Tay and Ju Jitsu make an unbeatable combination. Who will challenge him next?

I really enjoy MMA. I think the athletes are incredible. Some call it a blood sport, but I truly appreciate the skill and training required to fight at UFC level. Isn't it interesting how MMA has exposed weaknesses in many types of martial arts?

In my opinion, an expert in Muay Tay and Ju Jitsu, or boxing combined with wrestling, can pretty much dominate as Silva and Georges St. Pierre have shown. The new guys are taking it to another level. The training is constantly evolving. But it will always be about wrestling, boxing, Ju Jitsu, and Muay Tay in my opinion. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 19 2008, 05:43 AM
will seee biggrin.gif
i'm thing he can have more problem with Nogiera like with MIR
when he gonna won next ficht he will be Trully Champ cool.gif

i'm go also sleep today...i'm talk more like practising GGGG biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Nov 19 2008, 05:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (FrankW @ Nov 19 2008, 05:34 AM) *
Lesnar is and has been training. He won't let Mir catch him like he did the first time. He has already figured out that he must use patience. I'm sure that Lesnar will be unbeatable for a long time once he's only half way up to speed. He is just too strong and an incredible athlete. His cardio might be suspect, but he is getting up to speed for the UFC. I think he could even beat Emelienenko with six more months of training.

I don't agree that he is like Tank Abbot. Lesnar has wrestling skills that will very quickly translate over to Ju Jitsu with little training. And he can definitely punch. He knocked Mir and Herrington to the floor, no problem. He's also not carrying the bodyfat that Abbot had.

And Lesnar is one of those gifted athletes that can overpower even the biggest heavyweights. His strength index for his speed and size is almost off the charts. In the Minnesota Vikings combine, he ran a 4.62 40 at 265 lbs. He bench pressed 225 for 40 reps. His vertical jump was 36 inches. And he didn't even train for football! He's a monster. He would destroy Chek Congo.

He's just one of those rare guys that will require a minimum of training to stay at the top in my opinion. I also suspect that that giant head of his can take alot of damage. You know how the fight game goes, it only takes one well placed shot to the jaw. I don't see any true heavyweight boxers though. That will play to Lesnars' strengths.

I think that Anderson Silva will be on top in the middleweight division for a long time. He is just too good. His long limbs combined with his expertise in Muay Tay and Ju Jitsu make an unbeatable combination. Who will challenge him next?

I really enjoy MMA. I think the athletes are incredible. Some call it a blood sport, but I truly appreciate the skill and training required to fight at UFC level. Isn't it interesting how MMA has exposed weaknesses in many types of martial arts?

In my opinion, an expert in Muay Tay and Ju Jitsu, or boxing combined with wrestling, can pretty much dominate as Silva and Georges St. Pierre have shown. The new guys are taking it to another level. The training is constantly evolving. But it will always be about wrestling, boxing, Ju Jitsu, and Muay Tay in my opinion. smile.gif

Great insights Frank!! I only meant that Brock is like Tank Abott at this point in his career, and only skill wise not physically. If he gets some training he will be one BAD dude. I couldn't believe the speed he displayed against Couture. I swear it looked like it was a grown man fighting a 4th grader when you saw them side by side. I also agree with you that he won't get caught again with Mir. GSP got caught with and armbar the first time with Hughes and then gave Hughes two SERIOUS beatdowns the next two fights. I don't about him beating Emmelianenko. That dude is an enigma to me. He looks soft and not very athletic, but when gets in the ring he dominates!! I don't know how anybody is gonna beat that dude!!

Monte

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 19 2008, 05:48 AM
before i'm go sleep
1 more thing GSP vs BJ thats gonna be awsome again cool.gif

ok good night guys smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
FrankW
Nov 19 2008, 05:59 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Nov 19 2008, 05:44 AM) *
Great insights Frank!! I only meant that Brock is like Tank Abott at this point in his career, and only skill wise not physically. If he gets some training he will be one BAD dude. I couldn't believe the speed he displayed against Couture. I swear it looked like it was a grown man fighting a 4th grader when you saw them side by side. I also agree with you that he won't get caught again with Mir. GSP got caught with and armbar the first time with Hughes and then gave Hughes two SERIOUS beatdowns the next two fights. I don't about him beating Emmelianenko. That dude is an enigma to me. He looks soft and not very athletic, but when gets in the ring he dominates!! I don't know how anybody is gonna beat that dude!!

Monte

You know what though? As is ultimately always the case, age catches up with these guys. Liddel is near the end of his career. I think his fight with Rashaad really spoke to that. Look what happened to Randy, even though I still think Lesnar is just too much. The same holds true for Emelianenko. He can be beaten. Hughes is worn out, Shamrock got stomped because he was forty-something...it's inevitable. I once watched Mark Coleman nearly beat Fedor. He lost due to an arm barre. I really think Lesnar is even more capable that Coleman was. Same body type, but Lesnar is much quicker for his size...for any size really. He just strikes me as one of those genetic monsters that comes along now and then. I'm sold on him...we'll see. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 19 2008, 07:18 AM
BROCK LESNAR BRING' S THE PAIN!!!!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 19 2008, 10:03 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Well, he just caught Randy with a big shot and went for the kill.
Randy didn't seem to be overwhelmed by his strength or size as he did just fine before the stoppage.
Clinching, Pressing him against the cage, dirty boxing etc.

There's no escaping Brock is good though, he is good and he is fast for such a huge specimen biggrin.gif
I believe Nogueira will beat him, and if Fedor ever comes to the UFC he will obliterate Brock laugh.gif

Brock has surprised me, but I don't believe he'll go undefeated for a long time though..

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 19 2008, 10:19 AM
What the hell is this? You talking about wrestling? I seem to remember Brock Lesnar being a wrestler. Possibly from a long time ago in WCW or ECW? What is this UFC? Sounds more ridiculous than WWF.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
mjsteps
Nov 19 2008, 10:53 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 19 2008, 10:19 AM) *
What the hell is this? You talking about wrestling? I seem to remember Brock Lesnar being a wrestler. Possibly from a long time ago in WCW or ECW? What is this UFC? Sounds more ridiculous than WWF.

UFC stands for ultimate fighting championship. The sport combines wrestling, boxing, various martial arts genres, kick boxing, muy tie, jhusti. The sport has taken off especially here in the states as boxing became a laugh. So do yourself a favor and check it out. It is exciting, fast and furious and lots of pain. It is not even close to "WWE or ECW" this is real hard nose ,toe to toe fighting. You have to see it to appreciate it.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 19 2008, 10:57 AM
Hmm. I don't like wrestling or boxing so I probably won't like. I enjoy martial arts. Well cheesy martial arts films biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 19 2008, 11:22 AM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 19 2008, 10:03 AM) *
Randy didn't seem to be overwhelmed by his strength or size as he did just fine before the stoppage.
Clinching, Pressing him against the cage, dirty boxing etc.

There's no escaping Brock is good though, he is good and he is fast for such a huge specimen biggrin.gif
I believe Nogueira will beat him, and if Fedor ever comes to the UFC he will obliterate Brock laugh.gif

Brock has surprised me, but I don't believe he'll go undefeated for a long time though..

undefeated.. frank mir beat him in his first match.. what u talking about:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 19 2008, 01:18 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 19 2008, 05:03 AM) *
Randy didn't seem to be overwhelmed by his strength or size

yes...big tru...Brock just caught him with the big punch
but on that sport somethime won the person who is just lucky!!!!!
but norhing against Brock that was great match for him a probaly learn something...but for me he be realy champ if hi won next match..and if thats be Nogueira ..then he will test him cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 20 2008, 01:50 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
OK, to make things interesting on tonights Ultimate Fighter and assuming you havn't seen a spoiler (be honest here) I'll bet a pack of strings of your choice against a pack of my choice including the shipping that John Polakowski beats Gorge Roop. Any takers? Come on Mir fans... laugh.gif

What do you say...First one that takes the bet is on! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 20 2008, 02:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Watch out guys. I hear Skennington has a time machine and isn't afraid to use it. ph34r.gif

PS: Trust me! You don't want to lose because he will send you a pack of his G strings laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Nov 20 2008, 02:50 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 20 2008, 02:56 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 19 2008, 08:47 PM) *
PS: Trust me! You don't want to lose because he will send you a pack of his G strings laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif Only if that's their choice, and I'm not picking colors laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 20 2008, 05:07 AM
See..no time machine.. rolleyes.gif You would have won! sad.gif Next week maybe? I like Bader in the semi's. Any takers?

+Quote Post
FrankW
Nov 20 2008, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 20 2008, 05:07 AM) *
See..no time machine.. rolleyes.gif You would have won! sad.gif Next week maybe? I like Bader in the semi's. Any takers?

I like Bader too, Steve. The guy has no neck. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 20 2008, 04:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Lesnar is an absolute beast of a man! I was happy to see how well he did against Randy. He definitely has improved a lot in the short time he has been fighting. He nailed Randy fair and square...no disputing the outcome. I do think he is a big risk of submissions if someone can get him in the right position...just look at Frank Mir. Lesnar was kicking the tar out of Mir the whole fight until the heel hook though. One thing Lesnar has going for him is he is going to be very tough to submit because of his size. Arm bars are going to be tough because he is so strong. Chokes too...he has no neck! Heel hooks and knee bars may be the only chance guys have against him.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:41 AM