Introducing Me! Dayna Jury
Dayna
Jun 29 2007, 05:39 AM
GMC:er
Hey howz it going.

I'm a 30 year old male from New Zealand and have been playing guitar since I was 11. I played with a band when I was 14 years old in pubs. when i hit 16 i got distracted by girls! and didn't play as hard as I use to.

I still have my own hand built electric guitar (must get a picture up to show you)
Me and my dad made it when I was about 14. And we did a very impressive job. I'm into Metal and the guitar shows it in its styling. Made from African mahogany the guitar is super solid and has EMG active pickups which sound super strong.

My current gear is Marshall TSL 100 head with a JCM Slash signature Quad and also have a Boss DD-20 Delay pedal with huge array of delay effects, but I hardly use it!

I don't play covers much anymore instead I love to bang out some heavy random (but good) tunes and have been trying to get back into solid guitar playing the last few years, I became good at the guitar but never became superman so to speak.

I have been looking for that tutor that might be able to step me towards my dream goal. AND FINALLY! I came across GMC and i am very impressed. It has the video which i need and the notes are there in TAB ready to read. And i love the slow part so you can make sure your doing it right. Also being able to look at the finger positions to make sure you have the right finger in play.

Its like having your own private tutor 24 hours! at your call!

I'm looking forward to truly shredding my guitar and laying some tracks down for ya all.

Thankyou for giving me my chance to complete those guitar dreams I have always had.

The tutors here impress me!

practice makes perfect!

Regards

Dayna

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dayna: Jun 29 2007, 05:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 29 2007, 05:55 AM
Hey Welcome to GMC. And your right it is like your on private tutors, but its better cause. These tutors you can make them play that same lick 4839075043785947385043 times, and there ready for another round biggrin.gif!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 29 2007, 05:56 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 06:05 AM
hey, welcome to GMC! good thing you are getting serious again, the guitar is a great instrument! You made a great choice by coming to GMC! Enjoy your stay,

Practice Makes perfect!

Indeed wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 29 2007, 08:43 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome! smile.gif

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 29 2007, 08:59 AM
Welcome man! You'll have a great time here. Everyone here is super-nice, and are always helpful when you have a question.

So, enjoy your stay, and I'm sure your guitar won't know what hit it after you get through some of the lessons on this site cool.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dayna
Jun 29 2007, 12:13 PM
Hey, cheers guys.

I just finished doing some sweep picking lessons.

my little finger is getting a drilling doing pull offs, get those fingers conditioned!!

I have never had so much fun!!!

I'm thinking about getting my camera out and recording my progress. me now, me in 1 week, me in 2 weeks etc. on certain excersises. Has anyone out there done that?

And the tutor speed is something to really look up to.

YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAR!!!

D biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dayna
Jun 29 2007, 12:27 PM
oh and i forgot to mention...

my influences are (bands)

Metallica, Rage against the machine, Sepultura, Slayer, Pantera, Tool, System of a Down, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pearl Jam, Mudvayne, Korn, Incubus, Godsmack, Faith No More, Disturbed and more but I mainly head towards the likes of Pantera / Tool.

An important thing that I have always thought about the guitar (and any instrument for that matter) is that its not important how fast you play, because you can play fast but not make sense. But it is in the sound that you should be listening to and playing. The sound is what everyone will hear, not if its a# or b flat this scale or that. Its all about it making sense and flowing.

I started out a lead guitar type player, then on the quiet years i transformed into a rythm player on the basis that i loved the heavy sound and the way you could take someone for a ride with the sound you made. building up the sound, then softening it.... just like a ride. I can't wait after practicing with the help of GMC (full credit giving here, if it wasn't for this place i would still be happy, but not as happy as knowing i found a place that can take my level of playing to the dream i once had.!) playing some mean solos like that of the late (Rest in Peace!) Dimebag (Pantera) which is very similar to Zakk Wylde, Black Label Society.

Can't say thanks enough!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 29 2007, 01:38 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome Dana - great to have you here!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 29 2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome! GMC is impressive indeed.

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 29 2007, 05:31 PM
Welcome Dayna.

I saw your home made guitar and it looks awesome!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:43 AM