12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Collaboration - Slow Neoclassical Solo (discussion And Upload), Harmonic/Natural Minor and Phrygian Dominant lovers come and join
Emir Hot
Aug 14 2009, 10:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MigeZ @ Aug 14 2009, 10:14 AM) *
Thanks for the comment Emir smile.gif True that Stratovarius has many neoclassical song didnt notice that but well now I listen to their songs and try to get some inspiration. You wont mind if I use the first 1 and half bars from your solo couse they are just awesome for beginning biggrin.gif Yea I will try to make it slow and melodic no faster runs than some 8th note tuplets.
Cheers ppl and GL smile.gif

You can use parts of my solo but I'd rather see your creative side. There are million ways to play over this progression. You have plenty of time smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Aug 14 2009, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 14 2009, 04:34 AM) *
This take has a great starting point. There could be some polishing for sure. You're playing B harmonic minor a couple of times but that maj7 interval (Bb) is on a very dangerous place. Play natural minor instead. Use harmonic minor as a passing phrase if you like second time round. One diminished line wasn't 100% right note choice but the other one was great. I would suggest starting slowly and involving more techniques from half way. Don't throw any faster lines at the beginning. Your sound is very good. Just make sure when you export your lead track that you switch off all delays/reverbs. I need dry distortion for mixing. About the level of your guitar against backing is not important to me. That's my job in the end. I am only interested that you play your take the best you can. Good work

Thanks for the very helpful feedback!

I use B harmonic minor for the beginning part... A#/Bb is found in measures 1 and 9. In measures 23 and 24 it is found again, but I think in a different context, serving as the minor 3rd of Gdim7. Is this right? The ones found in measures 1 and 9 should be reconsidered?

Also, I now see the diminished line where the note choice was caca... it was over the Fdim7 in measure 21, yes?

Thanks again!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 14 2009, 04:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 13 2009, 10:01 AM) *
Yes you can of course. I never had limit in my collabs. Thanks for joining smile.gif

haha, mabye you should biggrin.gif Nah, it's cool that you make time for this!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 14 2009, 04:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 14 2009, 04:32 PM) *
haha, mabye you should biggrin.gif Nah, it's cool that you make time for this!

I see no point restricting it. If I didn't have time for this then I wouldn't have done it at all. Everybody is welcome. Of course 100 people would be too much but that never happened in any collab smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 04:40 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 14 2009, 04:36 PM) *
Of course 100 people would be too much but that never happened in any collab smile.gif

YET!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Won't be long!!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Aug 14 2009, 05:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I AM IN!!!

+Quote Post
Kasperkbn
Aug 14 2009, 05:38 PM
Are there any real requirements to my playing? Because it would be super cool to join in im just concerned about if im good enough smile.gif?

--------------------
Gear:
Epiphone (Very limited edition) Junior Burnout model
Marshall 30 watt amp
Vox Tonelab LE
And an acoustic nylon guitar

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 14 2009, 06:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 14 2009, 04:40 PM) *
YET!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Won't be long!!!!

heh we'll see smile.gif

QUOTE (Tomas Santa Clara @ Aug 14 2009, 05:30 PM) *
I AM IN!!!

Added, thanks.

QUOTE (Kasperkbn @ Aug 14 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Are there any real requirements to my playing? Because it would be super cool to join in im just concerned about if im good enough smile.gif?

No special requirements. Read my intro post and follow this threat, I hope everything is clear enough. Listen to other takes and read comments by me and others. You can also ask anything you want to know. This is slow and easy solo, just make sure you're using correct scales. I added you smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Aug 15 2009, 06:00 AM
I'm in smile.gif

Edit: I'll end up redoing this probably, as I'm not keen on the structure.. but we'll see.\

Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_tjbt.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 1470

Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_tjnobt.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 1124

tj

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Aug 15 2009, 06:13 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
enforcer
Aug 15 2009, 11:07 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Aug 15 2009, 08:00 AM) *
I'm in smile.gif

Edit: I'll end up redoing this probably, as I'm not keen on the structure.. but we'll see.\

Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_tjbt.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 1470

Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_tjnobt.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 1124

tj

Tim I hate you! laugh.gif (esp. your fantastic vibrato)

This post has been edited by enforcer: Aug 15 2009, 11:08 AM

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 15 2009, 11:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Aug 15 2009, 06:00 AM) *
I'm in smile.gif

tj

It's all ok but there is something with the structure as you said. You're not building any tension and everything sounds kind of random played. Vibrato and feel are great as Can said smile.gif Try to structure the melody a bit more logical. If you start in the lower octave, next time play in the upper one etc... Then if you played whole notes, slowly move to quarter and eight notes to build tension. Many ways to achieve the goal. Technically your playing is all good.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 15 2009, 09:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in!

I'll get my take recorded within next week smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 15 2009, 09:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 15 2009, 09:02 PM) *
I'm in!

I'll get my take recorded within next week smile.gif

Ok, thanks for joining smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Aug 15 2009, 09:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Emir,

It would be great if you could give me a bit of feedback whether the structure of the 1st part is ok?

Cheers
Roger

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_Emir.gp5 ( 4.69K ) Number of downloads: 911

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 15 2009, 09:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Aug 15 2009, 09:09 PM) *
Hi Emir,

It would be great if you could give me a bit of feedback whether the structure of the 1st part is ok?

Cheers
Roger

I like the idea. Everything is kinda nicely balanced. In the bar 8th there should be 18th fret instead of 17th. That's maj3rd from F#. Good work.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Aug 15 2009, 09:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 15 2009, 10:27 PM) *
I like the idea. Everything is kinda nicely balanced. In the bar 8th there should be 18th fret instead of 17th. That's maj3rd from F#. Good work.

Cheers Emir, thanks for the typo smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Aug 16 2009, 07:25 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Hi Emir. I´m in! I will send the take in the next days

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 16 2009, 07:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Aug 16 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Hi Emir. I´m in! I will send the take in the next days

Thank you Sergio, you're always welcome here as I told you every time smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Aug 19 2009, 04:47 AM
I think this might be final. Unless you advise against parts. I considered your suggestions, but I couldn't part with some stuff...

Attached File  SlowNeoclassical_TheKepler.mp3 ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 693

Attached File  SlowNeoclassical_TheKepler_NBT.mp3 ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 656

Thanks! Please let me know what you think.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 19 2009, 10:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Aug 19 2009, 04:47 AM) *
I think this might be final. Unless you advise against parts. I considered your suggestions, but I couldn't part with some stuff...

Attached File  SlowNeoclassical_TheKepler.mp3 ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 693

Attached File  SlowNeoclassical_TheKepler_NBT.mp3 ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 656

Thanks! Please let me know what you think.

Very nice. You can leave this one, it works for me smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:46 AM