Fender Hot Rod Deluxe For Sale (the Rest Is Gone)
JVM
Mar 7 2008, 09:29 PM
Learning Roadie
For sale: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 40w tube amplifier.

I wish I did not have to sell these, especially the parker. However, I recently bought a new gibson les paul and I prefer it to the parker.

I am looking to buy a new Mesa Boogie express 5:50 amplifier as an upgrade to my Hot Rod. I have enough money that if these two items don't sell for as much as I hope, I can still probably afford it.

Both of these items have some minor cosmetic issues (a tear in the tolex on the back of the amp and one or two chips in the finish of the parker that were present when I bought it) but are otherwise in great operating condition.

This post is mainly to see if any GMC'ers are interested in either of these two items before I put them on ebay, and if so I'll follow up with a more detailed post with pictures, etc, so you can get some more info on them.

The amp is american made and mint condition used hot rods go for about $450 to $500 on ebay, I would likely ask around $350 to $400. I'm also going to have it looked at by a technician to ensure that it's in 100% operating condition etc, and if anything needs to be fixed (tubes replaced or whatever) it would be done with no cost to you before I send it. Also if you are interested in the amp but want something that has more gain, I could be persuaded to throw in my electro harmonix metal muff (great pedal for metal) for maybe, say, $50 bucks extra (which is in perfect cosmetic and functional condition, and costs $90 new).

It has three channels, the clean is a nice fat one kind of reminiscent of a fender bassman IMO, and when you crank it it gets a bit crunchy. The drive and more drive channels, which share the same EQ, can get a little to a lot of fuzz depending on how hard you're cranking the volume and the drive knob. You can go up through I would say hard rock tones before you notice any fuzz. The amp can go into say, black sabbath territory, but it is noisy there. I tend not to use the more drive setting and instead make use of a pedal for more distortion if I need it. There are a few tears in the tolex as you can see in the pictures, the amp is other wise in perfect functional condition.

The parker usually goes for around $700to $900 depending on condition. I bought mine for $700 on ebay almost a year ago and it has served me well since then. I haven't done any damage to it while I've owned it and it will come with the provided case, manual, a cable that was in the case that I've never used or even know what the function of is, and two packs of strings. I think if I were to resell it I could get more than I paid for it, perhaps $800. For a GMC'er I would probably ask $700 dollars.

Let me know if you're interested, or any suggestions on my price etc. Thanks.

[edit] IMAGES:

Fender:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Metal Muff:

Attached Image

Parker:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I tried to be thorough, damage and all. A lot of it is worse than it looks. I used a lot of flash to really try and reveal it so you could get a good look at it. In the case of the fender's control panel perhaps I shouldn't have used flash because it really makes it look a lot worse (since the surface is a silvery mirrorlike one) than it is.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Mar 8 2008, 11:29 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 8 2008, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
I would be interested in the Parker but I could only buy it in 2 weeks. Is that not good enough?

Can you post some pics also mate?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Mar 8 2008, 04:26 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 8 2008, 06:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I could wait two weeks. I'll have some pics up in a little bit.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 8 2008, 06:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm aware the ad was approved but still I'd like to see pictures here of the items, especially the damage should imo be displayed so there's no issue between seller and buyer after the deal is closed

This post has been edited by MickeM: Mar 8 2008, 06:48 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 8 2008, 08:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Ask and ye shall receive (well, they were coming anyway but). I've added them to the main post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 8 2008, 08:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 8 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Ask and ye shall receive (well, they were coming anyway but). I've added them to the main post.

Thanks, I'm always trigger happy laugh.gif
Really nice equpiment you've got there

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 8 2008, 08:48 PM
Learning Roadie
By the way I didn't wipe any of these things down or anything. This is to show you how they look with normal use.

[edit] Also, the fender does come with the footswitch as seen in the pictures but I also have the casters and the dust cover.

This post has been edited by JVM: Mar 8 2008, 08:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 8 2008, 09:33 PM
I'll buy the Parker at the end of March if that is ok with you? Around the 25th March if that is ok JVM?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 8 2008, 09:39 PM
Please keep it for me as I have the money to buy in 17 days. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 8 2008, 11:11 PM
Learning Roadie
The deal is being closed with Organizedconfusion, thanks mate. Going to now edit the post to be for the deluxe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 9 2008, 12:42 AM
Cheers man. I'm a very happy chappy biggrin.gif I love Parker guitars. Good luck selling the Fender Amp as well. People can't go wrong with a Fender Amp. There clean sound is amongst the best smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 9 2008, 07:08 PM
Learning Roadie
FYI to potential buyers, I'm going to keep this on here until this friday (march 14th) at which point if no one has expressed any interest I'll sell it on ebay. So if you're considering speak up tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 16 2009, 06:13 PM
If I had the money.. oh lord:( im broke.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:07 PM