Ever Ignore A Band And Then Find You Love Their Songs
PosterBoy
Mar 14 2016, 06:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Have you ever ignored a band, where you know the name but never look into them for some reason and then hear a song on a film or on tv that you really like and find out it's them.

I had this in the last few weeks with The Gaslight Anthems, for some reason I thought they were some indie band so never went out of my way to listen to them.

Then I heard these songs on films or tv and love them

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Mar 14 2016, 08:11 PM
Learning Roadie
i had this with fear factory, i had to know the name, but a day in a TV advert i listen a song, and i love it, so i buyed albums and be a fan !

this is the tv spot !

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Mar 14 2016, 08:12 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 14 2016, 11:28 PM
GMC:er
Great band!!! smile.gif I was ignoring IN FLAMES back in the day just cause I thought the name was silly but then I heard it and liked it quite a bit a way way back smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Mar 14 2016, 02:11 PM) *
i had this with fear factory, i had to know the name, but a day in a TV advert i listen a song, and i love it, so i buyed albums and be a fan !

this is the tv spot !

Laurent

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2016, 03:02 PM
Instructor
It happened to me with lots of bands, and it's not because I'm a person that ignores music, it's most that I like every kind of music and time isn't enough to discover all the great music out there.

For example, I was ignoring Mark Ronson's works as well as Pharell Williams. The last months I decided to get into them and I've found great music in their discographies....

I was also "ignoring" Snarky Puppy and nowadays I'm enjoying to hear their sessions:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 15 2016, 03:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
I knew about the band IQ for a long time and I thought it wasn't for me for some reason, but only just the other day I started listening to them, and they've blown me away. It's progressive rock/metal just as I like it!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 15 2016, 03:16 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 15 2016, 06:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Believe it or not , I was this way with Metallica for probably the first 5 years (maybe longer) of their existence. I guess it took a while for them to grow on me.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 17 2016, 09:54 AM
Instructor
I had that with bands like Korn and Slipknot but I can actually appreciate much of their material these days. Korn's Here to Stay is still one of the best riffs ever written.

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Mar 24 2016, 07:57 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
There's so much music that it's impossible to know it all. especially if you like many different styles. I even discovered bands who were years over their top and fell in love with their music. One that comes to mind is .38 Special.

I guess we all would like to have more time, and more ears, to enjoy music even more. smile.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2016, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 17 2016, 05:54 AM) *
I had that with bands like Korn and Slipknot but I can actually appreciate much of their material these days. Korn's Here to Stay is still one of the best riffs ever written.

hehehe the same here. I was that kind of metalhead teenager that didn't want to like what was sounding on the radio and mtv. Luckily, I've paid some attention to them around 2003 and I realized that Korn was a killer band. I saw them live opening for Ozzy and they blown my mind.

I think that after this I've learnt the lesson and started to pay attention to all kind of music, even when it's played on the radio and everybody loves it... that's how I've enjoyed Mark Ronson, or Daft Punk in the recent years....

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:58 PM