2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Kelly Clarkson Fired Her Guitar Player During The Show!
Alex Feather
May 22 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
This happened a few years ago! Supposedly Dwayne showed his middle finger to the front row of teenage girls Kelly seen it and she fired him in front of everybody! In the middle of the show! I think he went overboard and I believe it was his last big gig!
Don't piss miss Clarkson off! LOL
Here is the link!
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82140529/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: May 22 2012, 08:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 22 2012, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Oh man, I would feel so humiliated if I were Dwayne !! ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 22 2012, 11:48 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's hard to be a rockstar in an American Idol band tongue.gif

I can't stand Kelly Clarkson. She annoys the hell out of me.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
May 22 2012, 01:40 PM
GMC:er
can't stand her, stupid speach, I think she doesn't like him
taking away all the attention from her. And the way she handles it is really
unprofessional. pff

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 22 2012, 02:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Back in the 80's musicians did a lot worse than that to the crowds laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 22 2012, 03:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Maybe not the correct way to handle it but he's a hired gun, it's her reputation and career and fans at the end of the day.

She's playing to a wide age range from Tweens, teens etc including parents, who may not appreciate or expect that sort of thing from her band.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 22 2012, 07:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 22 2012, 02:07 PM) *
Maybe not the correct way to handle it but he's a hired gun, it's her reputation and career and fans at the end of the day.

She's playing to a wide age range from Tweens, teens etc including parents, who may not appreciate or expect that sort of thing from her band.

Exactly! It's her fans not his! He is making a lot of money and has to do his job right and keep it professional! Bands in 80s were bands he is a HIRED gun!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 22 2012, 07:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Man... talk about an unprofessional way of handling that situation. The only people offended by the middle finger were the front row - likely no one else in the audience new what was going on - I wouldn't have known except the subtitles of the video explained it to me. Instead of handling it after the show, she brought the whole situation into the spot light for a public display. That's not why people were there - they just want to hear music and enjoy the show - not be subject to internal quibbles.

anyhoo - now you know how NOT to act as a guitarist, AND a singer! lol.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 22 2012, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 22 2012, 01:28 PM) *
Exactly! It's her fans not his! He is making a lot of money and has to do his job right and keep it professional! Bands in 80s were bands he is a HIRED gun!

I agree with you both but still, for her to bring it up in that way, she was equally unprofessional. Throwing out the christian card makes me pretty mad too.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 23 2012, 08:41 AM
Instructor
Well, 'She did it for the faaaans!!' - very unprofessional indeed. On both sides - he should never have acted that way and she could've continued the show and fire him afterwards.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
May 23 2012, 08:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
He's a hired gun, and he failed at his work. People in public jobs can get fired in public places. It her fans, her show. Also, fans loves these things, it gives her a huge popularity boost, even though she doesn't seem like the kindest person. But who in this business seems kind. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: May 23 2012, 08:59 AM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 23 2012, 09:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ May 23 2012, 07:52 AM) *
He's a hired gun, and he failed at his work. People in public jobs can get fired in public places. It her fans, her show. Also, fans loves these things, it gives her a huge popularity boost, even though she doesn't seem like the kindest person. But who in this business seems kind. tongue.gif

I agree with you!

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
May 23 2012, 03:11 PM
Well I think the fact that she probably just single-handedly ruined the rest of his career shows that it was probably a bit drastic to say the least... If she was going to fire him she could have at least done it after the show in private instead of announcing it out to the entirety of the fans/cameras in front of her so that even now we can watch videos of what he did.

If I had to choose a side, it would be the guitarist's...

+Quote Post
Fran
May 23 2012, 05:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Weird situation, specially since I guess she had to go the rest of the show without guitarist, I wonder how she managed.

On top of that, everything has been said cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 23 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Yeah I think she went a bit overboard when condemning him publicly but on the other hand, if she saw some her fans being insulted then I'm sure she wouldn't want them going home feeling like their concert was ruined and have a bad memory of it so she kind of had to do something.

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 24 2012, 02:05 AM
Apprentice Roadie
I find it ironic that when Fred Durst fired a security guard in the middle of the show, everyone thought it was just great the way he handled it yet Kelly Clarkson is the devil himself for doing the same thing. I guess since Durst loaded the whole yelling tirade with expletives, he is a hero and, since Clarkson had the nerve to mention Jesus, she is just another stupid freak.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael AC
May 24 2012, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (JTaylor @ May 23 2012, 09:05 PM) *
I find it ironic that when Fred Durst fired a security guard in the middle of the show, everyone thought it was just great the way he handled it yet Kelly Clarkson is the devil himself for doing the same thing. I guess since Durst loaded the whole yelling tirade with expletives, he is a hero and, since Clarkson had the nerve to mention Jesus, she is just another stupid freak.

From the video we can not tell the extent of all of it. I did not see it as being unprofessional for her. He did a public thing not expected so she responded in a public way. They did not stop mid song to do it. I took it that she was defending her fans experience, the worst publicity is word of mouth.

If you are a hired gun, you have to know the environment you are in and act accordingly.

+Quote Post
Gary
May 24 2012, 05:35 AM
Pretty straightforward really. When Dwayne arrived at the venue.. who's name was in lights, his or hers? Since it was her's then he is simply not that bright to conduct himself in a unprofessional manner. I actually think it's refreshing to see someone with a backbone fix the problem right on the spot. You go girl!
As far as this being damaging to his career, if he is that good of a guitarist then he will become popular on his own. At that point he can have his OWN shows and stand up there and flip everyone off wink.gif

Ted Nugent once fired his vocalist in the middle of a show. He just unplugged the guys mic in between songs and routed in his mic. When the guy went to sing his mic was dead and there was Ted.. singing away laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 07:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gary @ May 24 2012, 04:35 AM) *
Pretty straightforward really. When Dwayne arrived at the venue.. who's name was in lights, his or hers? Since it was her's then he is simply not that bright to conduct himself in a unprofessional manner. I actually think it's refreshing to see someone with a backbone fix the problem right on the spot. You go girl!
As far as this being damaging to his career, if he is that good of a guitarist then he will become popular on his own. At that point he can have his OWN shows and stand up there and flip everyone off wink.gif

Ted Nugent once fired his vocalist in the middle of a show. He just unplugged the guys mic in between songs and routed in his mic. When the guy went to sing his mic was dead and there was Ted.. singing away laugh.gif

biggrin.gif had no clue about this, but hey, Ted Nugent can pull anything and get away with it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 24 2012, 08:12 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 24 2012, 02:04 AM) *
biggrin.gif had no clue about this, but hey, Ted Nugent can pull anything and get away with it tongue.gif

Ted Nugent also crapped in his pants every day for a whole week so he could avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War. For a whole month before he was to report to the army, he didn't shower and consumed only Pepsi and sausages. Then on the day he reported to the army to do his physical tests, he snorted multiple lines of crystal meth - the first and only time he has ever touched drugs.

A real class act, Ted Nugent is dry.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:03 PM