2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How Do You Wake Up In The Morning?, Might seem like an odd question...
Iluha
Feb 3 2008, 04:47 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Mr T @ Feb 3 2008, 10:31 AM) *
Hmmm, have you tried lots of coffee?

If I drink anything but tea in the morning I get a bad stomach ache the entire day :x

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 3 2008, 05:23 PM
Got the same problem with coffee, but half a litre of tea helps me. I guess it doesn't help you... I'm out of suggestions tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Ayen
Feb 4 2008, 04:54 AM
I usually set my phone to Calendar Alarm with custom messages, so when it starts ringing and I wake up, if you look at the outside of the phone it reads "Wake up, Neo". That somehow gets me out of bed tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ayen: Feb 4 2008, 04:54 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 4 2008, 04:55 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Haha, i gotta do that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iron King
Feb 4 2008, 02:22 PM
How do I wake up in the morning?
hah, I don't, I wake up around 15:00 !!!

anyway
I know how you feel man, during my life I've gone through 2 periods of early mornings

The first was during a wilderness survival course in Northern Quebec. We had to wake up at 05:30 every morning. It was awe full. Getting out of the shelter and into the frosty morning was hell... the only reason I was able to do it was because I had a sergeant yelling at me the whole time.

The second time was when I worked for Electronic Arts. They expected us to be in at 07:00 which meant I had to get up at 04:30. I have never been so ready to give up at life... EVER. I would finish work at 22:00 and go right to bed (no guitar time!)

What I did was I had a coworker that had more luck in the morning call me. I instructed her not to hang up until I was out of bed and had the shower running. I found talking to a friend early in the morning really woke me up, you should try it

In the past I've also tried plugging my iPod into the radio, so when the alarm went off it would blast some Metallica to wake me up. Try staying asleep while some killer solo is being played on the radio... only problem with that was that I was sometimes late because the music inspired me to play some guitar before work

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 4 2008, 02:25 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Iron King @ Feb 4 2008, 01:22 PM) *
only problem with that was that I was sometimes late because the music inspired me to play some guitar before work

or to just stay wrapped up in bed listening to metal tongue.gif

haha i love giving that excuse to my school "sorry im late; Maiden were playing"

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 4 2008, 02:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I dont use any alarms or anything like that. When I go to sleep , I concentrate on my breathing and think in the hour that I want to wake up the next morning , normally is 5:30, and thats it your biological clock is the more acurrate clock that exists. I go to bed around 11 pm normally.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 4 2008, 08:25 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 4 2008, 05:25 AM) *
l "sorry im late; Maiden were playing"

Best Excuse Ever.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 4 2008, 08:31 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 4 2008, 03:33 PM) *
I dont use any alarms or anything like that. When I go to sleep , I concentrate on my breathing and think in the hour that I want to wake up the next morning , normally is 5:30, and thats it your biological clock is the more acurrate clock that exists. I go to bed around 11 pm normally.

Iv'e done that during school, most times it worked, but sometimes it didn't and while being at school I can afford being late or missing a class, I can't really be late to the army =p

I love the suggestion about a friend wake up call, but unfortunatly I don't know anyone that wakes up as early as me right now tongue.gif

And that Callender suggestion is preety intresting... only problem with it for me is that I put my cellphone to recharge overnight, so it sits preety far away from me, but if I'll manage to get it close I'll try it it sounds like it might just work smile.gif

Thanks all!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 4 2008, 10:51 PM
What you need is a bucket of icewater and an alarm clock at the bottom of the bucket. This alarm should make tons of noice and the only way to deactivate it is to scan your eyes at the bottom of the bucket tongue.gif
Or, an alarm goes of and you have 3 seconds to move or something heavy will drop down on you.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 4 2008, 10:53 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 22 2011, 03:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 4 2008, 10:59 PM
Hah, i get up at 7:30 at latest, 9:00 am is sleeping in for me, everyone says im weird because of it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Davidian
Feb 4 2008, 11:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Uncreator... You're weird!

Sorry! Couldn't resist! biggrin.gif

I always get up with the alarm of my cellphone. I try to pick the most annoying sound, so I have to get up to put it off.
It works... sometimes.

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 4 2008, 11:04 PM
Left undisturbed I will easily sleep till 1-2pm. tongue.gif

On school days I am awoken by the blazing overhead light in my room, its the most effective way to wake me up, a sudden dose of bright light, not pleasant but everything else I sleep through. ugh.. 7am sad.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 5 2008, 12:12 AM
Hah, man i remember when i could sleep in for school, now i get up at 5:30 am sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ayen
Feb 5 2008, 05:56 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 4 2008, 11:04 PM) *
Left undisturbed I will easily sleep till 1-2pm. tongue.gif

Hah, 1-2 is early for me tongue.gif

I'm usually up around 4 or 5, but I've woken up at 6 a few times.

I consider this a sport.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
slak
Feb 6 2008, 07:06 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 4 2008, 05:33 AM) *

I used to do that and would always wake up 3-5 min before the alarm went off. Now I have kids so I don't need an alarm or anything else, they have best biological clock of all. It's spooky really, they can't read a clock but they always now if I'm late or early for anything.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 7 2008, 02:19 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I actually not get up in the morning at all! wink.gif But at 12-1-2 pm wink.gif ehhehe I know its a bad habit but I can't change it easily wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jammer91
Feb 8 2008, 08:49 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Feb 3 2008, 01:25 AM) *
set the alarm for 5:30.. then set a second alarm at 6:00.. you'll get up to turn off the 5:30 alarm.. this is when you put on coffee.. back to bed.. 6am arrives.. and the coffee is done.. the morning becomes enjoyable smile.gif... or just go to bed earlier...

OMG! Thats what i do. Except i set three. And still most of the time i turn all of them off. I once even woke up threw alarms at the floor and jumped back to bed. I was really unconcious and my mom walked past my room and was shocked when she saw small bits of my alarm all over the floor. Ever since then ive strategically placed my alarm clocks at the end of my room so i have to walk a bit.

Reading before going to bed really does help to. I find playing guitar without the amp suits me.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Feb 11 2008, 06:14 AM
yeah that's what I do.
I find I actually get a little freaked if I put anything heavy on....so I put ska on, puts me in the best mood.

(imagine, "I'm walking on sunshine" playing as your pulling the curtains open...like a cheesy cornflakes ad)

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:19 PM