Ubuntu 10.10 Free Os
The Uncreator
Jan 9 2011, 07:12 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

Free OS, I Just updated to the new version. So far its working squeaky clean, and runs a lot faster than windows. Install it directly to your hard drive (as opposed to a bootable CD or drive) and you can choose which OS you want to start when your computer turns on. It takes a few minutes to setup to your liking, but its made for customisation. Systems tray has four "workspaces" so you can switch between them as if you had four separate monitors or four desktops. Handy for me since I am a multitasking freak.

EDIT

Also there are applications for windows compatibility in case you use a program that doesn't support Linux.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 9 2011, 09:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for this info. I use a version of ubuntu on my eeePC and it works great. I'll definitively try out this one on my PC.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 18 2011, 07:29 PM
Instructor
I've been reading about this, seems interesting smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:41 AM