> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2017, 08:16 PM
Instructor
Yeah, experimenting is the key!

This are some ideas with less common guitar tones, maybe not for this one but for future ones. I know that this is not your style at all but maybe you can get some ideas.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 16 2017, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/overdrivetonetest

I was actually listening to some Queen of the Stone Age for tone ideas, came up with this twangy/overdriven sound using some tape distortion.

Do you know what other songs/bands have this kind of tone? I was thinking disco or funk most of that seems too clean.

I tried double tracking it too but it always ended up too chorusy since it's single notes, so I've just got the one mono guitar in the middle with reverb/delay. Will to be weird if I switch to panned double tracking half way through the track just for a solo section?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jul 16 2017, 11:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2017, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, have you tried any Fuzz pedal?

This type of sounds are usually achieved with tube amps, and analog pedals so it takes some work to emulate them with digital stuff. There are many bands that use this type of sounds: White Strypes, Jack White, Artic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Fumanchu, and most of the Stoner Bands. I also think that some Nine Inch Nails could bring ideas.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 25 2017, 10:08 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/rickmortytest

Just gotta spend some time working on transitions between each section and some balancing/pan issues. Especially in the funky clean section at 0:30 and solo at 0:56.

First time I've ever used this kind of amp breaking cleanish lead tone for solos, love the way it sounds but I've gotta be super careful with how hard I pick or it gets really harsh sounding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2017, 03:41 PM
Instructor
hahaha I love Rick & Morty! This will be a hit!

The whole thing is great! The tone exploration has been great to get a very fresh mix and I think that it turns fantastic at 00:59 with those Chon/Polyphia style arrangements. If it weren't possible, I would add some of that stuff sooner in the mix. Maybe any chord or lick that introduces earlier the modern math style.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 28 2017, 01:07 PM

Would've liked to have more of that Polyphia style stuff throughout but I was stuck with the arrangement whenever vocals were going; if you listen close enough at some parts you can still hear the original instruments getting through.

Gonna definitely try and incorporate more of those mid-gain leads into my covers from now though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2017, 03:12 PM
Instructor
This is fantastic mate! I love it. It's interesting to see how you experimented with tone for this one. The result is very fresh and organic. I would really like to see you making more stuff like this. Both the riffing and the Polyphia style solo are epic.

Great job!!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 29 2017, 04:30 PM

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/arrangedemo

Trying to quickly get another remix done before I have to move out of my student place; went for a more straight-forward arrangement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2017, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, that's very interesting! I've been listenint to this guy, and I think that you can get some inspiration for this one:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Sep 24 2017, 02:38 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ff7-demo

Kinda gave up with the other track, maybe I'll come back to it later. Wasn't that good of an arrangement. laugh.gif
Started on the Final Fantasy one again, just need to do some lead guitar and mix it. All the orchestral instruments like strings and horns will be changed depending on how it sounds with the lead guitar there; it's mainly doubling up on the same notes anyway.

The section at 1:30 is a solo.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Sep 24 2017, 02:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2017, 12:04 AM
Instructor
Hi Socky! Nice to hear news from That's an epic arrangement! I like the orchestra work as well as the rhythm section which is very modern and interesting. I'm curious to hear how this will sound with lead guitars. Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Sep 27 2017, 12:46 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ff7-demo-1

How does this sound? Is it too sudden when the lead guitar starts at 0:10 and 0:24? Maybe I'll add some sort of transition FX there to ease it in.

Still have to automate the volume of all the different parts but I think thats the kind of lead tone that works best for such a busy track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2017, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky! Everything sounds very natural for me. I like it very much.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Sep 27 2017, 10:25 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ff7-demo-2/s-HvXNX

Recorded all the leads, still needs some EQ work when the lead guitar and horns play at the same time; especially the part at 1:05 where the emphasis switches from the lead guitar to brass.
Gonna give it a mix with fresh ears tomorrow.

Does the transition at 0:55 work? Probably needs a cymbal crash or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2017, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky!

This is turning great! Yes, you need to make some place in the mix for the lead guitar. I would also try to make a hole in the backing, maybe rhythm guitar, to let lead guitar sound clearer in the whole track.

The transition at 00:55 is not bad but there are some timing issues with the guitar riff there that should be fixed. The rhythm change (talking about guitar riffing) is a bit agressive to it must be extremely tight to sound good.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 20 2017, 10:00 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ghostbustersdemo

Working on the Ghostbusters theme for Halloween, still need to do the intro and lead guitars.

The chorus at 0:44 sounded a lot better in Guitar Pro. laugh.gif
First half sounds cool, but when it ramps up the lead starts sounding off. Should I keep the melody and re-write the rhythm or keep the interesting rhythm and just write a lead part that based off the original melody?

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ghostbusterschorusrhythm

And does it get repetitive from 0:12 to 0:43 with the same rhythm part over and over? That's what the original sounds like.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Oct 20 2017, 10:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2017, 10:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky! Great job!!

I like the rhythm for the chorus, but it's true that the melody is not going well with it. I would try adjusting a bit the rhythm of the lead guitar. The fact that lead is still midi makes sound worse. I would try with realy guitar to make more use of dynamics, and give the first half a more funky feel, and maybe create a smoother variations when drums goes double tempo. What do you think?

The other parts are great for me.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 20 2017, 11:02 PM
Yeah I was doing a few test runs of that part with a real guitar and it sounds okay, think I just need to sit down tomorrow and figure out where to add some rests/scratchy dead notes to make it all fit.

I've changed the drums and the bassline too so it matches the rhythm guitar more, rather than just have the double bass like it was before; really emphasis the off-beats.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2017, 08:20 PM
Instructor
Excellent!! This one is very promising. Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 22 2017, 01:10 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ghostbusterschorusrhythm
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ghostbusterschorusrhythmnodrums

How does this sound? Didn't change that much on the lead guitar, think I just made one of the rests longer.
Looks like to make this part work, it's all about how I write the drum part.

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:09 PM