Recording Setup Question
zeus
Nov 15 2011, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am really enjoying all of the lessons and backing tracks. I would like to start making my own backing tracks and have them be of similar quality to the ones in the lessons. I have been doing some research on this and others into what software to use.

The DAW that I have been using for awhile is Adobe Audition. I am just learning about VST and VSTi. I tried running those through the sequencer in Audition and I find it to be a real pain in the butt to get the sound and timing I want. Do you guys use the sequencer within the DAW to create drum, bass, and synth tracks?

I also have Guitar Rig 5 for preamp use.

My recording setup before was by micing my amp, but now I would like to use the direct out on my amp head into my M-Audio Mobile Pre, or plug my guitar straight into the Mobile Pre and have Guitar Rig 5 do all of the preamp functions.

Do you have suggestions for DAW, and good VSTi's? My budget is pretty flexible right now. I have found some good free VSTi's too on the internet.

Thanks.

*If this post is in the wrong section I apologize, I wasn't sure where to ask this question.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:30 PM