5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Me Learning Hot Country: Update7
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2021, 05:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 27 2021, 05:18 PM) *
I continue to be hugely impressed by your ability. I was always impressed, but this is beyond.

Wow thanks so much Todd, is it the change of genre that impresses you? πŸ™πŸ˜ Because I still feel I have quite a way to go before mastering this one

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 3 2021, 01:06 PM
GMC Founder
Here we go..!

Update 4: (80% of original tempo)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 3 2021, 01:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's incredible Kris,

Obviously the final 20% is usually the hardest but I'm sure you'll get there. You seem slightly tense at 80% but who wouldn't be?

Great words about using different muscles/movements when playing faster, we touched on this with Gab and Troy Stetina over at the GMC Facebook group and I think it could be a useful discussion/lesson on its own right. Many of us just try to increase the tempo using the same mechanics that we use at slower tempos.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

Stay safe

\m/

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 3 2021, 01:44 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 3 2021, 02:04 PM
GMC Founder
Cool idea! Controlling tension is a great topic idea.

And yes for my playing here I also think controlling tension will be key to reaching the original tempo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2021, 03:11 AM
GMC:er
Your ability to leverage your hybrid picking technique to apply to an entirely different style of play is very impressive, not to mention just playing something so far outside your typical wheelhouse. It's great to watch to be honest.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 27 2021, 12:20 PM) *
Wow thanks so much Todd, is it the change of genre that impresses you? πŸ™πŸ˜ Because I still feel I have quite a way to go before mastering this one

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 4 2021, 08:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
This started sound amazing. Even the accents are more close to the lesson. I love it!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 4 2021, 08:50 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 4 2021, 03:11 AM) *
Your ability to leverage your hybrid picking technique to apply to an entirely different style of play is very impressive, not to mention just playing something so far outside your typical wheelhouse. It's great to watch to be honest.

Thanks Todd πŸ˜πŸ™

I think this is because i have always liked how poppy/snappy you can get with hybrid picking - and this goes right into the heart of chicken picking. If I had only used hybrid picking for smooth high gain legato this would be much harder for me.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Feb 4 2021, 08:16 AM) *
This started sound amazing. Even the accents are more close to the lesson. I love it!!! smile.gif

Thanks Monica πŸ™ Fingers 🀞

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 4 2021, 08:55 PM
You are absolutely incredible Kris. Has being really interesting to see you go out your comfort zone and try this lesson. Am pretty sure you will get it up to speed very soon. All the best with it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 5 2021, 10:51 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 4 2021, 08:55 PM) *
You are absolutely incredible Kris. Has being really interesting to see you go out your comfort zone and try this lesson. Am pretty sure you will get it up to speed very soon. All the best with it smile.gif

Thanks the support mate - fingers crossed πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘Š

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 8 2021, 11:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
these are very interesting, thanks

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 9 2021, 10:43 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 8 2021, 11:24 PM) *
these are very interesting, thanks

Thanks bro, I hope to record a 90% version next update!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2021, 10:51 PM
How's it going Kris?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 24 2021, 08:54 AM
GMC Founder
I am working on 90% speed currently, I hope to have update for you guys soon!

As you pointed out earlier, things are a bit slower now that I am getting closer tot he original speed. I need to be super careful in order not to try advance too fast, and get some bad technique habit along the way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 24 2021, 10:08 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 24 2021, 07:54 AM) *
I am working on 90% speed currently, I hope to have update for you guys soon!

As you pointed out earlier, things are a bit slower now that I am getting closer tot he original speed. I need to be super careful in order not to try advance too fast, and get some bad technique habit along the way.

Yeah I know, it's usually at this point I start to get bored because it can be played well just not at the speed of the lesson. I sometimes wonder if there's a mental block at 90% and even if the track was 10% slower I would still hit that wall at 90%. I now make my target speed 100% wink.gif

Looking forward to the next update smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 24 2021, 11:32 AM
GMC Founder
Update 5: (90% of original tempo)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 24 2021, 11:44 AM
I'm impressed smile.gif

Obviously I have zero experience with this style but can you try lowering the bridge pickup a tiny (very small, like maybe bit less than 4/1 screw turn) bit? I felt the "spank" response of the guitar maybe could be improved to make things a bit easier for you.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 24 2021, 11:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 24 2021, 12:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 24 2021, 11:44 AM) *
I'm impressed smile.gif

Obviously I have zero experience with this style but can you try lowering the bridge pickup a tiny (very small, like maybe bit less than 4/1 screw turn) bit? I felt the "spank" response of the guitar maybe could be improved to make things a bit easier for you.

Cool, will try for sure - thanks mate πŸ™

I will start to focus on tone now that the final recording is approaching

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 24 2021, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow....that's awesome!!! I hardly waited your update 5. smile.gif

You lost a little from the excitement that you had in the previous updates. Don't loose the motivation. The progress is also highly visible when you are in the polishing things stage.
I personally enjoy more this part of the "game" because even if it's quite boring, has a particular beauty and it change the final result in an amazing way.

The differences between your takes are huge and the progress it's truly impressive!!!
I love how good and clear sound now the lick from 0:50 - 0:55. You were afraid that this particular lick, will gives you troubles at fast tempo. Look how good you play this at 90%. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 24 2021, 08:46 PM
Where did the video go????

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 24 2021, 09:17 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 24 2021, 08:46 PM) *
Where did the video go????

Weird! Restored now

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Feb 24 2021, 08:06 PM) *
Wow....that's awesome!!! I hardly waited your update 5. smile.gif

You lost a little from the excitement that you had in the previous updates. Don't loose the motivation. The progress is also highly visible when you are in the polishing things stage.
I personally enjoy more this part of the "game" because even if it's quite boring, has a particular beauty and it change the final result in an amazing way.

The differences between your takes are huge and the progress it's truly impressive!!!
I love how good and clear sound now the lick from 0:50 - 0:55. You were afraid that this particular lick, will gives you troubles at fast tempo. Look how good you play this at 90%. smile.gif

Thanks Monica! Yes you are right about the excitement - but now I am back on track because I feel I am close to nailing it up to tempo (much cleaner than this take hopefully). And that feels exciting! I am actually already pondering what to do next - I feel like tackling new genres, and material I am uncomfortable with, might be a working strategy for me considering where I am now.

And yes that particular lick is the one I have practiced the most - glad it shows!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:39 AM