Line6 Backtrack + Mic
MickeM
Feb 9 2009, 04:41 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Has anyone used this product from Line6? I've always had the problem of recording ideas, which doesn't always happen when you're by the computer but in the car or just anyplace where there's no recording possibilities.

Foremost the mic will be useful for acoustinc guitar or humming your idea into the mic (while on the tube) or loud singing in the car laugh.gif
The you can connect your guitar which could be cool for when coming up with something while rehearsing.

Sounds like a great tool to me. Anyone got an opinion or tried it even? smile.gif

It cost 139€
Question is if Zoom H4 will add a lot more options (also got mic and guitar input + a lo more) for 248€

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 9 2009, 06:16 PM
Ooops the H4 didn't function the same way. It won't patch the signal through like the Backtracker does.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 9 2009, 07:09 PM
Instructor
That sounds like a cool device, could be very useful. I haven't tried one, but for recording something small that piece of gear seems ideal.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 9 2009, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Feb 9 2009, 07:09 PM) *
That sounds like a cool device, could be very useful. I haven't tried one, but for recording something small that piece of gear seems ideal.

Yeah, and I want things to be simple. I've had many melody ideas and riffs I thought could be useful in a song. And often I say to myself - I will record that as soon as possible; but even though it's not that much a hassle to plug into the POD, start my DAW and plug in the guitar it happens way too seldom.

This equippment I can have plugged in to record my guitar through an entire practice session - it just sits between the guitar and the amp and records everything. If there's a cool riff I could press the memory button and what's recorded just then is saved in a special folder.

To my ears, this sounds too good to be true. So someone please pinch me and tell me it's as good as I think wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 10 2009, 01:43 AM
Instructor
I don't really know, could be a useful thing. I can't see the point in using this kind of device. I have a voice recorded on my cell phone for that kind of stuff and it's pretty adequate.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2009, 01:22 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I don't really had an opportunity to hear about this device in detail...It seems very useful and good value for the money..

There are other handheld recorders that should be able to do similar things....

Check out this article its very useful:

http://www.bassplayer.com/article/roundup-...al/Oct-08/89043

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:21 PM