Amps For My Style
Jeffrey
Oct 7 2007, 09:55 AM
GMC:er
Ok so im going to sell my amp and old guitar so I can afford a pretty decent amp and I wanted to know what would be my best bet for around 500-700dollars. I like to play a lot of maybe a mix of lamb of god and all that remains. ( wierd combo i know=P) if anyone could tell me what would be the best then i'd glady appreciate it. ( I have a Zoom G1X Effects Pedal, if anyone has this or knows how to use it=P please tell me how I can get a good sound for my style) thx .

-Jeffrey

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 7 2007, 06:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Lamb of God use Mesa and I honestly must say I don' t know the band "All that remains" so I checked their site, there's no info on their equpiment but it sure sounds like Mesa Boogie to me.

I'll recommend the same as I did in a thread yesterday which was about the same budget. Have a look at B-52 modes AT or ST and get a Mesa sound for less $.

You could infact manage 2x12 combo or maybe even a head and cabinet if you find a cheaper 2x12 cabinet.

I'm now sure what the big difference between AT and ST is. You should definitly play them to find out if it's something for you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 7 2007, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
All that remains and lamb of God both have a similar guitar sound (sorta) Any highgain amps should do the trick. Randall 300watt heads have a very lamb of god sound.. Mt-2 distortion factory can be tweaked to get that sound too.. If you want to know what gear ATR uses look up Killswitch engaged's guitarist.. he also plays guitar for all that remains. Randall heads go for about 500-600+ a cheap cab and your on your way. Id also recommend Peavey or with Mikey M Mesa has some combos that should do the trick. On a side note.. biggrin.gif is that a schecter i see down there! if so welcome to the small schecter club here at gmc smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:15 PM