4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Fgn J-standard Iliad - Ordered!
Sensible Jones
Apr 16 2015, 10:47 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 15 2015, 08:48 PM) *
Excellent idea about the control plate, will do for sure. Thanks!! I will research the mid boost suggestion.

No worries Kris! There's a guy over here that produces pre-wired control plates with the TBX control and a 5-way switching system.
you can find one HERE, there's also a link to a video of someone using one on there.
smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 27 2015, 04:23 PM
GMC Founder
Got her back!!!! I am extremely happy and will post more details soon. Until then here is first video:
https://www.facebook.com/kristofer.dahl/vid...53401480767069/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 27 2015, 04:45 PM
Nice! it looks better in your hands than in the catalog liked the design even more now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2015, 12:10 AM
SMALL WORLD!! You had it "PLEKd"?

I was just getting to understand what "PLEK" is since the guitar I just got was PLEKd at the factory. Evidently, only custom shops and high end guitars like USA GIBSONS get this treatment normally. But every single rick hanes guitar gets it at the factory. is it expensive on it's own?

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 27 2015, 11:23 AM) *
Got her back!!!! I am extremely happy and will post more details soon. Until then here is first video:
https://www.facebook.com/kristofer.dahl/vid...53401480767069/

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 28 2015, 12:15 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
May 28 2015, 08:29 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 28 2015, 12:10 AM) *
SMALL WORLD!! You had it "PLEKd"?

I was just getting to understand what "PLEK" is since the guitar I just got was PLEKd at the factory. Evidently, only custom shops and high end guitars like USA GIBSONS get this treatment normally. But every single rick hanes guitar gets it at the factory. is it expensive on it's own?

Thomanns do a basic PLEK for just under 200 euros. My 70s tribute Les Paul is plek'd. it was the first time I'd played a plekd guitar, I was really impressed. It's one of the nicest guitars Ive played.

Kris, the guitar sounds great. Looks like you got the control plate reversed.... cool smile.gif Looking forward to hearing more of it smile.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: May 28 2015, 08:31 AM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2015, 08:44 AM
That's not bad at all! I wonder if I can find a local place to PLEK my ibbys. I'm gonna google it smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ May 28 2015, 03:29 AM) *
Thomanns do a basic PLEK for just under 200 euros. My 70s tribute Les Paul is plek'd. it was the first time I'd played a plekd guitar, I was really impressed. It's one of the nicest guitars Ive played.

Kris, the guitar sounds great. Looks like you got the control plate reversed.... cool smile.gif Looking forward to hearing more of it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 28 2015, 09:44 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 28 2015, 07:44 AM) *
That's not bad at all! I wonder if I can find a local place to PLEK my ibbys. I'm gonna google it smile.gif

This is from the official site, might help smile.gif

http://www.plek.com/uploads/plek_worldmap_all.php?lang=en

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 28 2015, 10:22 AM
GMC Founder
Ok so here is what I did with it:

Plek'd neck with compound radius, somehwere around 8,5 (nut) to 10,5 (highest fret) - so nothing extreme. But more importantly, string action (and thereby playablity) is now amazing without any string buzzing.
Attached Image

I reversed the volume control and pup switch (thanks for the tip!). I added 5 way switch to also give me access to both out-of-phase and series (the facebook video clip above is played in series mode). Intonation compensated brass saddles.
Attached Image

Locking tuners.
Attached Image

Wish you could see the grin on my face now laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ May 28 2015, 09:29 AM) *

Thanks Bleez, I am too! biggrin.gif

And yes about PLEK, to me there are two major points of concern to consider when buying a guitar: Sound and playability. With PLEK you can pretty much make any guitar very playable. (Sound relates to many other factors of course) And you can make make really good guitar fantastic..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 28 2015, 10:02 PM
GMC Founder
New clip! https://www.facebook.com/kristofer.dahl/vid...53410086642069/

I played with the bridge pickup, and it's cool to hear some of the twang actually shines through inspite of the high gain sound.

Also as I get used to it, I am able to play trickier stuff. I can tell you this would have been completely impossible with the factory action.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 28 2015, 11:49 PM
smile.gif

After I mod.ed my bridge pu to have more high-end, I also enjoyed digging into the notes. I seriously encourage you to focus that more as tone variety at high gains (on even higher gain and fatter tone which you used) lots of different sound can shine.

What comes to my mind is you can half-harmonic pinch during runs, use fatter sounding pick, roll the tone gently down to get an alternate neck-like tone...also as much as the tones want you to dig in the notes, relax the left hand even more cause there is some lightness advantage to speed runs as I think you noticed that when playing hammer on-pull off's smile.gif

Do make more clips smile.gif I'm curious on how you'll approach the neck PU too smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 28 2015, 11:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2015, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the link! Looks like I"ll have to ship my guitar off. I found one place in Florida though which is semi close smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 28 2015, 04:44 AM) *
This is from the official site, might help smile.gif

http://www.plek.com/uploads/plek_worldmap_all.php?lang=en

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 28 2015, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 28 2015, 10:50 PM) *
Thanks for the link! Looks like I"ll have to ship my guitar off. I found one place in Florida though which is semi close smile.gif

You're welcome smile.gif just make sure to setup the way (with strings you always prefer) you want it as close as possible. I think when analyzing, the machine depends on the neck angle a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 29 2015, 07:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 29 2015, 12:49 AM) *
smile.gif

After I mod.ed my bridge pu to have more high-end, I also enjoyed digging into the notes. I seriously encourage you to focus that more as tone variety at high gains (on even higher gain and fatter tone which you used) lots of different sound can shine.

What comes to my mind is you can half-harmonic pinch during runs, use fatter sounding pick, roll the tone gently down to get an alternate neck-like tone...also as much as the tones want you to dig in the notes, relax the left hand even more cause there is some lightness advantage to speed runs as I think you noticed that when playing hammer on-pull off's smile.gif

Do make more clips smile.gif I'm curious on how you'll approach the neck PU too smile.gif

Thanks Mertay, and you have a good point about relaxing the left hand.

I think I will use the neck PU for a super dynamic blues tone, when the time is right for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 10 2015, 11:14 AM
GMC Founder
...and some videos of me playing the guitar! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 10 2015, 12:06 PM
Learning Roadie
sound good !!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 10 2015, 11:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 10 2015, 01:06 PM) *
sound good !!!

Laurent

Awesome to hear you like it! biggrin.gif Maybe it's time for you to go 'Tele' as well?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2015, 09:56 AM
Well, he just got a Jackson flying V, does that count? smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 10 2015, 06:50 PM) *
Awesome to hear you like it! biggrin.gif Maybe it's time for you to go 'Tele' as well?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 14 2015, 09:59 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 14 2015, 10:56 AM) *
Well, he just got a Jackson flying V, does that count? smile.gif

No it would not be honest to say that it qualifies as a tele. Unless he got this...

Attached Image

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Dec 14 2015, 11:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 14 2015, 10:57 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2015, 08:59 AM) *
No it would not honest to say that it qualifies as a tele. Unless he got this...

Attached Image

biggrin.gif

I'm blind! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 14 2015, 11:47 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 14 2015, 11:57 AM) *
I'm blind! laugh.gif

I know, that thing kills!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:07 PM