> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Mark Knopfler Style Lesson, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Hanagnagana
Feb 28 2021, 11:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Mark Knopfler Style Lesson by Muris Varajic

Hi, after almost 7 years I have decided to start playing guitar again and I am very excited to come back to this forum. During my first time on GMC I saw this lesson and absolutely fell in love with it but it was absolutely out of reach in terms of technique. I have now spent the last two days practicing the fast parts and while they are not perfect by any means I think they are at least presentable. With that said I am excited to be on gmc again:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 28 2021, 07:41 PM
GMC Founder
It's awesome to have you back Hanagnagana - and congrats on your beautiful fingerpicking tone and technique here!

I think you did well - and the only parts that caught my attention where the faster runs. It initially seemed to me as a timing issue - but I think you are just missing a note here and there - and this disrupts the even flow of 16th notes.

The cool thing with this type of Knopfler solo is how he (and Muris) go between the loose & relaxed type of phrasing into super tight and fast 16th notes.

I think you are almost there but you need to show us you are in total control of the fast parts as well.

Looking forward to seeing more of your takes 👊

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2021, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome back!!

Great job with this lesson! Most of the parts are sounding very well here. I just find small details and sections that can be improved. For example, the first doble string bend is not sounding smooth, and neither reach the right pitch. Then, the other double stop bends are a lot tighter.

The first fast run sounds totally killer, you sound so tight and clean there. Then, the two strings arpeggios (00:27) still need some work, at least based on this take. Maybe you can play them clean and clear but you are not 100% comfortable yet. I would isolate them as daily exercises.

Besides these two things, I think that you can continue polishing slides, vibrato and timing in some licks in order to get the most from this lesson. However, I have to say again that you did a killer job.

Looking forward your next takes!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 15 2021, 05:24 PM
Instructor
Hey there and wellcome back.

It's a beautiful lesson and you did great job i terms of awerage preparation and tone match.

It is a difficult lesson and it's difficulty is hidden more in the way notes are being played, instead of actual speed. My first impression on tone and specific softnes of playing was positive. What I was missing is tone of harder notes. You need to extend your range of tonal skills in your fingers. You can notice Muris has more "slap" in his strong notes. It makes whole his take have more audible contrast between soft and hard playing. Overall it affects dynamics range. To be fair - not all the time...only it the spots it's needed.

You are already familiar with most of things to fix. I will not have any specific complaints. I like the fact you feel what you play...I mean...you have a good sense of music of this kind, to do this lesson some justice. Timing, pitch and hand sync issues will be gone through the time of practise. Besides these little imperfections you are right person on the right place to make it sound really well so I think I would give it some more time. Well done

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 30 2021, 08:28 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:46 AM