> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
May 18 2015, 08:09 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 18 2015, 02:46 PM) *
Hi Alex,

The 4th notes are not totally tight yet so please work on them for 3 days and share a new take here, ok?

I'll also wait for a video of you playing the improvisation task in 3 days.

The video sounds very cool! Besides the use of the fret capo which makes it unique I think that there are many killer riffs on that track. Very interesting.

Hey Gabriel!
Sure 3 days sounds perfect.
I wonder if you possibly knew a backing with less chords, it is easier I think if I start with a backing that has less chords.

Great you liked the video, I like it very much myself. Possible that you will do a similar lesson? rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: May 18 2015, 08:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2015, 03:46 PM
Instructor
hehehe yeah, that would be cool!

About backing tracks, I think that you could play along with the chords lessons from the beginner series:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Bear-Rose/

There are also many at youtube: https://youtu.be/2Q1WmwhEiAg

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 21 2015, 08:11 PM
Learning Chord Basher
So here we go again smile.gif

I think this timing sounds better than last one atleast.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-4th-notes-funky

The melody task were much much harder than I thought from when I first heard it, I am quite sure I played wrong notes sometimes, especially in the end where the progression changes. I chose to play over a G D Em C progression ( Keep it simple in the beginning wink.gif ) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn..._1_Open_Chords/

I also know that I should play the 3rd of the chord as you said in yesterday's V-chat but I will keep that and try it next time.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2015, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, good job!

The timing issue is not bad but there are many notes that aren't going tight with the backing so please continue working on it for 2 or 3 days.
About the melodic task, good job! This is an excellent training for your ear and connection between mind and guitar. The next task is exactly what we've talked about at the chat-room: following the chords with thirds. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 22 2015, 08:35 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 22 2015, 06:06 PM) *
Hi Alex, good job!

The timing issue is not bad but there are many notes that aren't going tight with the backing so please continue working on it for 2 or 3 days.
About the melodic task, good job! This is an excellent training for your ear and connection between mind and guitar. The next task is exactly what we've talked about at the chat-room: following the chords with thirds. Ok?

Hey Gabriel!

Sure sounds good to me.
Here is my ear training answers
1. Major 3rd
2. Major 6th
3. Major 7th
4. Perfec 5th
5. Major 2nd
6. Octave
7. Perfect 4th
8. Perfect 5th
9. Major 6th
10. Octave

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2015, 03:35 PM
Instructor
The ear training answers are perfect! Great job Alex! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 24 2015, 09:31 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 23 2015, 02:35 PM) *
The ear training answers are perfect! Great job Alex! smile.gif

Awesome Gabriel! Your feedback helps me keep me motivated. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2015, 10:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ May 24 2015, 05:31 AM) *
Awesome Gabriel! Your feedback helps me keep me motivated. smile.gif

Nice to know it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 25 2015, 08:13 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
How are you doing?

Here is new update
Timing, feel like this has improved a bit. Some bits is not totally tight yet.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/funky-backing-timing-1

It also feels like the Melody Workout was quite much easier this time compared to last week.
I play each note twice before changing, I also think I was able to play right note at right chord this time. Please forgive me that I forgot the vibrato at the end of the video wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2015, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex!

The timing workout is getting better. Remember to close your eyes and feel the beat of the backing track. You still need to connect more with the overall groove in order to be able to go tighter with it. Please practice 4ths and 8ths during 4 days over this backing.

About the melody workout, great job! The next task is to start using G major pentatonic around those notes, as passing notes to start creating phrases. Could you please experiment for a while and share what you get?

This is the scale at that part of the fret board:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 26 2015, 07:50 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel!

I have some questions about the melody workout, the major 3rd of D isn't in G major pentatonic should I still play it over D chord?
And also should I try to follow the chord progression like I have done previously, for example when Bear play G chord shall I play 1-2 chord tones from G and some passing notes to create a melody?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2015, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, yeah! that's exactly what you have to do on this one. You'll always find notes that are out of the pentatonic scale and that's what will help you to jam with pentatonic but keep connected with the progression. It's a great help for playing over more complex progressions.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 28 2015, 08:02 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 27 2015, 01:08 PM) *
Hi Alex, yeah! that's exactly what you have to do on this one. You'll always find notes that are out of the pentatonic scale and that's what will help you to jam with pentatonic but keep connected with the progression. It's a great help for playing over more complex progressions.

Awesome to hear that smile.gif
Do I have to play a phrase on every chord change? Or should I take pauses sometimes?
This melody workout is similar to your newest workout "Beyond The Rec Program", right?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2015, 02:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ May 28 2015, 04:02 PM) *
Awesome to hear that smile.gif
Do I have to play a phrase on every chord change? Or should I take pauses sometimes?
This melody workout is similar to your newest workout "Beyond The Rec Program", right?

There are no rules about how long a phrase should be so experiment with it. And yes! the new workout is where you can post your takes if you work over GMC lessons backings. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 29 2015, 10:47 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
Here I am with a new update again smile.gif

First of we have the 4th notes, I have paid quite much attention and concentrated much to get this right. And I think the sound quite ok.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-4th-notes-105
However the 8th notes is a work in progress, which will need some more practicing. I play it decent the first half but then it just collapse and I am not going tight.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-8th-notes-105

I need some more practicing with the Melody Workout but I will try to get it uploaded this weekend, same with the creativity workout.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2015, 05:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for this new audios.

You are getting very close with 4th, it turns better in the second half. The 8th notes are not going tight yet, so as you commented, it needs more practice. My question is, do you note the problem while you are playing this or just after you recorded it when you only listen?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 30 2015, 07:26 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 30 2015, 04:15 PM) *
Hi Alex, thanks for this new audios.

You are getting very close with 4th, it turns better in the second half. The 8th notes are not going tight yet, so as you commented, it needs more practice. My question is, do you note the problem while you are playing this or just after you recorded it when you only listen?

Hey Gabriel!

When i am playing 4th notes I can pretty easy note the problems while I am playing, but I think its hard to note the problem while I am playing 8th notes.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2015, 05:24 PM
Instructor
Well, it would be easier to note if you follow the groove with your foot or head. You'll feel the beat and if the notes aren't going with your body you'll instantly note the problem. Closing your eyes also helps... try it and let me know!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 1 2015, 09:21 AM
Learning Chord Basher
I have noticed closing my eyes helps a lot. Also following the groove with my foot. I did this the last week.
When do you want new takes? I think I will dedicate my time today to the Creavity Workout and the Melody Workout.

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jun 1 2015, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 1 2015, 01:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 1 2015, 05:21 AM) *
I have noticed closing my eyes helps a lot. Also following the groove with my foot. I did this the last week.
When do you want new takes? I think I will dedicate my time today to the Creavity Workout and the Melody Workout.

Great Alex. Work on everything you need to work during this week and share new stuff on friday, if it's possible. Is it ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:59 PM