Some Questions About Cubasele4
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 20 2009, 04:35 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I dont really know if anyone has CubaseLE4 or if all the Cubase's are kind of the same but I have come a long way. Ideally with how bad I am with recording and stuff, I somehow managed to get GuitarRig and CubaseLe4 working.

I just have some questions about Cubase that maybe some of you could answer.

1. I got a Kore Drum Thing that came with GuitarRig and I know I can use it in Cubase, I just dont know how to get it into Cubase, and use it as a insert for my drum tracks.

2. Is Cubase like Reaper at all, or are these totally different things ?

3. Can I upload a GMC backing track into Cubase, and be able to finally participate in Collabs and also remove the backing so I can record with and without a backing ?

Thanks Guys, thats all I can think of right now smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 20 2009, 05:43 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
ok i will help the best i can laugh.gif

1: i am not sure what exactly is your "drum thing", but if it is a .dll file, i think you need to put it in the PLUGIN or VST file, wich should be in the steinberg/cubase folder. im sorry i dont know much about it unsure.gif

2: Both Cubase and Reaper are DAW so they have the same purpose, and they should have a lot of features alike. although i think cubase is a bit more professionnal, since its more expensive.

3: i never tried Cubase myself, but i am sure that it wil work for it! just import the backing track, record your take (ts much more convenient when cubase is playing the BT while recording, so you won't need to sync)
then save it in the format you want, and to get it w/o BT, simply turn down the BT fader, and export again.

i hope i was clear enough, and if you have more questions or want more explanation, just ask smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Jul 20 2009, 09:14 PM
Instructor
I recently bought this little Alesis USB mixer for live shows, and it comes with Cubase LE 4 for computer recording, so I installed it on my computer and tested it. Works great, haven't done much with it but it is the same as any other multitrack recording software, you can import an audio track and create another one for recording your takes.

About the drummer thing, like bladzerok said if it is a VST plugin you can use it, of not you will have to create your drum track outside of cubase and then import it as an audio file which is a pain.

Try to get a VSTi drum program, there are a few like Addictive Drums, EZ drummer, Strike, and maybe even cheaper ones, maybe even free.

Check out this site for a ton of information on VST plugins and virtual instruments, maybe you can find a free drum VSTi

http://www.kvraudio.com/

I will be learning cubase myself as I have a second computer that I will be using for recording, so any questions let me know.

Look I found a few drum samplers

http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=resul...rt=1&rpp=15

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 21 2009, 12:29 AM
Ok thanks for the help guys. The drum program is a VSTi so i dont see why I cant get it in the VSTi drop down menu.

I will check out the website tommorow Jose and thank you both for your help.

The only thing left to figure out is the drum program laugh.gif .

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 21 2009, 09:59 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Most likely issue with the vsti is that Cubase doesn't know where it is.

AFAIK (long time since I used it) Cubase is set to search for vsts/vstis in a particular directory set up when you first install Cubase. If the drum dll isn't there then you need to point it at it manually or tell Cubase to scan your drive/s.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 21 2009, 04:44 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 21 2009, 01:59 AM) *
Most likely issue with the vsti is that Cubase doesn't know where it is.

AFAIK (long time since I used it) Cubase is set to search for vsts/vstis in a particular directory set up when you first install Cubase. If the drum dll isn't there then you need to point it at it manually or tell Cubase to scan your drive/s.

And how do I do that ?

I have the Drum Program ( Its called Pop Drums I think) Installed, I just cant get it into Cubase.

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 22 2009, 05:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here ya go bro! smile.gif Hope it helps.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 22 2009, 04:29 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 22 2009, 10:47 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 21 2009, 03:44 PM) *
And how do I do that ?

I have the Drum Program ( Its called Pop Drums I think) Installed, I just cant get it into Cubase.

Sorry ES&J - it's years since I used Cubase and I don't have a version to even check where the option is so I'm not that sure. I think if you open >Devices>Plug In Info that that should give you a drop down list of all the vsts that Cubase sees. There should also be a box that allows you to reset the search path. Point that towards where you've put the drum plug-in and then tell it to scan/update and it should then find it.

If you don't know/can't remember where the plug in is there used to be a nice utility called VST-Scanner from VB Audio. This can search your pc for all plug ins and tell you the path.

If this fails then reinstall the vst's dll in the appropriate cubase directory (think it's called VSTPlugins).

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 24 2009, 02:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 20 2009, 05:35 PM) *
Hey guys, I dont really know if anyone has CubaseLE4 or if all the Cubase's are kind of the same but I have come a long way. Ideally with how bad I am with recording and stuff, I somehow managed to get GuitarRig and CubaseLe4 working.

I just have some questions about Cubase that maybe some of you could answer.

1. I got a Kore Drum Thing that came with GuitarRig and I know I can use it in Cubase, I just dont know how to get it into Cubase, and use it as a insert for my drum tracks.

2. Is Cubase like Reaper at all, or are these totally different things ?

3. Can I upload a GMC backing track into Cubase, and be able to finally participate in Collabs and also remove the backing so I can record with and without a backing ?

Thanks Guys, thats all I can think of right now smile.gif

Here are the things that work with regular Cubase, so you can check if they work with LE version:

- Go to Devices>Plugin Information and add a folder where your Kore Drum VST is located. It's usually in the Program Files/VST plugins or installation folder for Kore Drums. Add it to the list of VSTs and then close window.
- Press F11 and choose Kore Drum VST instrument it from the menu.
- Make a MIDI track
- On the left side choose Kore Drum as OUT for the MIDI track (so that Kore is playing the notes on the MIDI track)

2. Cubase is DAW just like Reaper, only better. Interface and features are more developed and practical.

3. Yes.

- Go to File>Import>Audio File and import the backing. Create a second audio track and record your guitar take on that track.
- Export both tracks by going to File>Export>Audio Mixdown
- export guitar track only by soloing it and going to File>Export>Audio Mixdown

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 27 2009, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 24 2009, 03:45 AM) *
Here are the things that work with regular Cubase, so you can check if they work with LE version:

- Go to Devices>Plugin Information and add a folder where your Kore Drum VST is located. It's usually in the Program Files/VST plugins or installation folder for Kore Drums. Add it to the list of VSTs and then close window.
- Press F11 and choose Kore Drum VST instrument it from the menu.
- Make a MIDI track
- On the left side choose Kore Drum as OUT for the MIDI track (so that Kore is playing the notes on the MIDI track)

Cubase 4 doesn't work like that,
now there is Instrument track (like in ProTools per example),
you open one and you hook VST instrument to that very channel. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 27 2009, 11:49 PM
Instructor
Thanks Muris, wasn't aware of that. cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 29 2009, 12:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 28 2009, 12:49 AM) *
Thanks Muris, wasn't aware of that. cheers smile.gif

No problem,
I spoke with ESJ about it in chat few days ago
and then I did some reading,
new Cubase is very much Logic/ProTools alike form when I've seen. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 30 2009, 09:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 29 2009, 01:17 AM) *
No problem,
I spoke with ESJ about it in chat few days ago
and then I did some reading,
new Cubase is very much Logic/ProTools alike form when I've seen. smile.gif

Ah nice to hear that. I think I should update some time soon to the the new stuff! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2009, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Yes I agree, I smell an upgrade wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:49 PM