A Video Of Me If You Want To See My Ugly Face, Just some improvisation...
Antipolitik
Jul 12 2008, 04:22 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

If you feel bored you can check out a little video I made today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYLY0Vb3Rg

I did it mostly to show people that you can get a decent guitar tone with very cheap gear. One DF-7 pedal straight to the computer using a speaker impulse file with Kefir in Cubase (this case an Engl 4x12 with some EQ).

Anyway... keep rokin' (Youtube made the guitar sound much worse than the original video file sadly enuff...)

/Jonas

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
swingline
Jul 12 2008, 04:26 PM
Dang your face is hideous... just kidding biggrin.gif
I thought it sounded pretty good, it had a solid tone (even for being on youtube) and good playing.

P.S. I was the first viewer. yay smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by swingline: Jul 12 2008, 04:31 PM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 12 2008, 04:53 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thought it sounded good as well Jonas, nice riffing also smile.gif

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 12 2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks... It took me a year but I'm just about to dig into scales and try to implement more solos and blues licks.
Been doing powerchord "chugga chugga" for some time now and it's time for me to move on hahaha.
I'll record my next video in six months so hopefully I will sound better wink.gif

/Jonas

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 12 2008, 11:30 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Good playing smile.gif ...and nice grafitti on the wall behind you laugh.gif

What's a "Engl Impulse speaker file"?

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 13 2008, 01:11 AM
You can record any amp or pedal straight into cubase and use an speaker impulse file.
If you do it "right" it's actually very close to micing a cabinet.
Read more here: http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic...f=32&t=2452

It's REALLY cool. Just connect your amp and use a software called KEFIR to load the
different cabs: Mesa, Randall, Engl 4x12... well, just about anything and you can record
in your headphones wink.gif That's nice!

The cab simulation in software like Amplitube, Guitar Rig, pedals, line 6 and POD's are often quite bad
that's why most people use impulse files. They are way better.
I use a software called Kefir to load the impulse files.
It's free to download and check out the link above to find out more...

/Jonas

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Jul 13 2008, 01:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 13 2008, 04:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao, your rhythm work is quite solid for just one year of playing guitar. I hope the "six months" were a joke and you will upload some new takes a bit earlier!

The GMC tag on your wall really rocks ... smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 13 2008, 04:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome stuff man! That sounded really great!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 13 2008, 04:45 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds good to me. I have been playing about the same amount of time and my rhythm is not as solid by a long way.
And I am going to get my an arm band like that, they just look so cool.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 13 2008, 05:16 AM
Instructor
Cool smile.gif That digitech distortion sounds good

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 13 2008, 07:28 PM
Wow, thanks guys... I will try to record another clip tomorrow... it's actually fun and you can learn a lot from
just riffing from your head... and watch it after...about my arm thing.. it's actually a friend of mine who makes them.
He is really good at leather carving and stuff like that... on my wristband it says "AP" as in Antipolitik. smile.gif

later,

Jonas

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 13 2008, 07:32 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This sounds great even on youtube ! Very good playing and tone!! Also wall tag rules! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2008, 07:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very solid rythm work! And very cool riffing by the way!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 15 2008, 10:27 AM
Instructor
of course I really like it man!!!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 15 2008, 11:44 PM
The Dark Canuck
Very cool Jonas smile.gif

I must agree with everyone in that your rhythm work is really solid. I also really liked the tone to this, just wondering what settings you used on the pedal as I have the same one. You know I'm a fan and enjoy everything you upload so I look forward to seeing the ugly mug again soon wink.gif wink.gif smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 16 2008, 04:18 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 16 2008, 12:44 AM) *
Very cool Jonas smile.gif

I must agree with everyone in that your rhythm work is really solid. I also really liked the tone to this, just wondering what settings you used on the pedal as I have the same one. You know I'm a fan and enjoy everything you upload so I look forward to seeing the ugly mug again soon wink.gif wink.gif smile.gif

rok

I just line the "out 1 amp" to my mic/line preamp so I get a good signal into my soundcard.
Then I use a software called "kefir" as a plugin on the guitar track in Cubase and load an Engl impulse file.
On the DF-7 I use preset 5 and standard setting, I often use EQ in Cubase to tweak.

But soon I'll be using my Randall RM100 into computer. Will be getting that amp later this week. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:55 PM