Updated Forum Structure, New board + category + slight restructuring
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 21 2007, 12:14 PM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

- Just a quick note to say we have added a new category called "Recording" - we have also moved the uploads board to this section.

-Also we have moved the "ladies of gmc" board to it's own spot under "lesson related".

- A new "concert reviews" sub-board has been added to "bands and artists".

If you click around the forum you should hopefully find these boards...

This new structure is absolutely not set in stone - so if you have got a suggestion or think this should be done in another way please let us know! Perhaps we should create yet a new board?

Kris smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 22 2007, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 21 2007, 03:14 AM) *
Hey there,

- Just a quick note to say we have added a new category called "Recording" - we have also moved the uploads board to this section.

-Also we have moved the "ladies of gmc" board to it's own spot under "lesson related".

- A new "concert reviews" sub-board has been added to "bands and artists".

If you click around the forum you should hopefully find these boards...

This new structure is absolutely not set in stone - so if you have got a suggestion or think this should be done in another way please let us know! Perhaps we should create yet a new board?

Kris smile.gif

We should have a good section set up geared toward are progress. In that new section we would have the "how have you improved in the last week thread " And also Idk if that thread is still alive, but we could have the metronome speed thread in there as well . And we could have a cool little thing In that Thread called " The Before --------> and After. You post a video or mp3 of you playing one tab, riff, song lesson or what ever and then in a week or 2 you could post the same mp3,video or whatever of you playing the same thing, and how you improved smile.gif

How are those ideas ?

- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Mer-V
Jul 22 2007, 12:31 AM
I don't have any specific ideas towards adding more sections/topics. However, I think you shouldn't over do it when it comes to the number of sections/topics. I think that new board structure is good as it is, more then enough topic to choose from. If you decide to put in more, activity will just be spread of to much sections and it will become less clear where to post. Also I can imagine new members comming to the boards and go all like 'whooaa, where to start?!'.

- MerV

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 22 2007, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (Mer-V @ Jul 22 2007, 09:31 AM) *
I don't have any specific ideas towards adding more sections/topics. However, I think you shouldn't over do it when it comes to the number of sections/topics. I think that new board structure is good as it is, more then enough topic to choose from. If you decide to put in more, activity will just be spread of to much sections and it will become less clear where to post. Also I can imagine new members comming to the boards and go all like 'whooaa, where to start?!'.

- MerV

yeh totally i have no idea where i am half the time now lol

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 22 2007, 03:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 22 2007, 01:01 AM) *
We should have a good section set up geared toward are progress. In that new section we would have the "how have you improved in the last week thread " And also Idk if that thread is still alive, but we could have the metronome speed thread in there as well . And we could have a cool little thing In that Thread called " The Before --------> and After. You post a video or mp3 of you playing one tab, riff, song lesson or what ever and then in a week or 2 you could post the same mp3,video or whatever of you playing the same thing, and how you improved smile.gif
How are those ideas ?
- John

This is a great idea - let's try it when we have got some activity on the new boards! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mer-V @ Jul 22 2007, 01:31 AM) *

- MerV

I agree - lots of empty boards serve no purpose. If activity on some boards still is low in a couple of months we will remove them.

However, I am hoping the new boards will stimulate new kinds of discussions - which would be a very cool thing! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:19 PM