More Drunken Master Riff
mroberts70
Nov 8 2012, 11:14 PM
GMC:er
My patented Drunken Master technique applied to yet another riff.. LOL! When you can't play clean, play drunk... laugh.gif

not really... wink.gif

http://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/drunken-master-ii

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 11:14 AM
Instructor
Groovy stuff.. I really love the use of the whammy pedal ! Seeing as it's something you like doing and you're quite good at it, why not really dig in and make it a real strength ? Become a master at it ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 9 2012, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 9 2012, 10:14 AM) *
Groovy stuff.. I really love the use of the whammy pedal ! Seeing as it's something you like doing and you're quite good at it, why not really dig in and make it a real strength ? Become a master at it ! cool.gif

A "Drunken Master"?

HA, seriously... I was practicing my linear shread and that riff somehow that ended up happening. I'm not sure how, it just hit me and I literally recorded it in like 10 minutes so it definately isn't any kind of polished tune, just a jam but I thought it had kinda a groovy vibe going on so I posted it.

Thanks Ben,

Mark

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 9 2012, 05:45 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

The tone and playing of this one sounds even better than the last. The whammy and playing has an unpredictable vibe. I like this! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 06:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Nov 9 2012, 01:41 PM) *
A "Drunken Master"?

Well if it works for a Jackie Chan movie.... wink.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 9 2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys, I kinda liked it. It was different and I just kept going with it. Wasn't sure if anyone else would like it but I liked the funky groove that the whammy added.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
Ben is absolutely right! I think you should develop your OWN PERSONAL thing out of this whammy riffing! Great riffage by the way! I am really enjoying what I am hearing here!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 12 2012, 10:42 AM
It's always cool playing drunk, always come with some unique sounds and ideas which only you can find in your head.. cool.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 21 2012, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 12 2012, 08:46 AM) *
Ben is absolutely right! I think you should develop your OWN PERSONAL thing out of this whammy riffing! Great riffage by the way! I am really enjoying what I am hearing here!

Thanks Cos, I just get bored easy with "normal" riffing so I come up with whatever happens to pass through the empty space between my ears.

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 12 2012, 09:42 AM) *
It's always cool playing drunk, always come with some unique sounds and ideas which only you can find in your head.. cool.gif

Yes, definitely some interesting sounds come from drunken people. They are less inhibited! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Nov 21 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Thanks Cos, I just get bored easy with "normal" riffing so I come up with whatever happens to pass through the empty space between my ears.

Yes, definitely some interesting sounds come from drunken people. They are less inhibited! biggrin.gif

smile.gif There's a point where the inhibition lack turns to slouching, bad hearing lack of focus and other nasty stuff while onstage. Getting drunk onstage is the worst mistake EVER smile.gif Share a glass or two with your friends AFTER the gig if you feel like it!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 24 2012, 01:33 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 22 2012, 08:27 AM) *
smile.gif There's a point where the inhibition lack turns to slouching, bad hearing lack of focus and other nasty stuff while onstage. Getting drunk onstage is the worst mistake EVER smile.gif Share a glass or two with your friends AFTER the gig if you feel like it!

Gee Cos, I wasn't really talking about guitar noises as being the interesting sounds... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2012, 09:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Nov 24 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Gee Cos, I wasn't really talking about guitar noises as being the interesting sounds... biggrin.gif

Ooooooh biggrin.gif Sorry, man biggrin.gif Guess I'm too caught up with getting the perfect gig these days biggrin.gif The Days of Confusion EP release is 5 days away and that kind of sucked all of my energy and thoughts, to be honest... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 24 2012, 09:59 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:40 AM