Clinics For Virtual Bands & Gmc Members?, input of ideas?
Chris Evans
Feb 8 2008, 05:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Guys,

Following on a PM I had from Chast which was an idea for possible sub boards for individual bands to help make progress of the groups easier to follow, I have come up with an add on idea to this and would like to know what you think.

What would you guys think to say a Drum Clinic, Bass Clinic and a recording clinic in the VB section to help out with various parts that we may be struggling with? I`ve pm`d a couple of instructors that can help us out with this to see if they like the idea or not, so I await their response too smile.gif

cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Feb 8 2008, 11:49 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Iluha
Feb 8 2008, 06:00 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 8 2008, 06:46 PM) *
Hi Guys,

Following on a PM I had from Chast which was an idea for possible sub boards for individual bands to help make progress of the groups easier to follow, I have come up with an add on idea to this and would like to know what you think.

What would you guys think to say a Drum Clinic, Bass Clinic and a recording clinic in the VB section to help out with various parts that we may be struggling with? I`ve pm`d a couple of instructors that can help us out with this to see if they like the idea or not, so I await their response too smile.gif

cheers

You mean like private chats with instructors? I think it's a great idea! but I think it would be even better if it would apply to all members of gmc and not just in the VB's biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 8 2008, 06:34 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Feb 8 2008, 05:00 PM) *
You mean like private chats with instructors? I think it's a great idea! but I think it would be even better if it would apply to all members of gmc and not just in the VB's biggrin.gif

for sure, anyone would be able to use the facility. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 8 2008, 11:10 PM
i dont understand much, can you explain a little more please... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 8 2008, 11:33 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 8 2008, 10:10 PM) *
i dont understand much, can you explain a little more please... biggrin.gif

well, a specific place for you to go to if your requiring some help with drums, bass or recording, hints, tips, advice, help with actually learning/programming a part.

Trying to think of an example, lets say your playing the bass on a particular song and you either cant get the technique, or your not sure how it should/could be played, you could post your problem in the Bass clinic thread and Bogdan could show/direct you or maybe suggest a different way of playing the bass line your having difficulty with totally, call it a little extra tuition if you like tailored specifically for you and the part you are having any difficulty with, of course others can use this facility and also benfit from the answers, just an extra place to ask instructors for guidance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 9 2008, 03:45 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 8 2008, 04:33 PM) *
well, a specific place for you to go to if your requiring some help with drums, bass or recording, hints, tips, advice, help with actually learning/programming a part.

Trying to think of an example, lets say your playing the bass on a particular song and you either cant get the technique, or your not sure how it should/could be played, you could post your problem in the Bass clinic thread and Bogdan could show/direct you or maybe suggest a different way of playing the bass line your having difficulty with totally, call it a little extra tuition if you like tailored specifically for you and the part you are having any difficulty with, of course others can use this facility and also benfit from the answers, just an extra place to ask instructors for guidance.

Ah i understand now , thanks for explaining Chris. I think it would be a good idea, it would improve our performance in the different positions found in the Vb's

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Nick325
Feb 9 2008, 03:47 AM
cool idea

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 9 2008, 03:49 AM
i like this idea smells smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 9 2008, 11:53 PM
Excellent guys thanks smile.gif

anyone else think this would be worth adding?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:19 PM