2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Neighbours, Mine complain even with if I practice with headphones!
Gus
Apr 28 2008, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
This is totally amazing!

This is 1:45 a.m. here and I was just practicing with my electric guitar and headphones plugged into POD X3 Live and my neighbor came to complain about the ticking of my picks on my unplugged electric guitar... blink.gif Incredible!

Did anyone have this level of problem with neighbours?
I know we guitarists can be a pain in the *** for neighbours, so I gave up practicing with amp at home long ago, and agreed to play acoustic only in certain hours of the day.
But unplugged electric guitar??? Shall I stop typing at GMC forum cause I hit the keyboard too hard??? wacko.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 28 2008, 12:56 AM
You have some pathetic neighbours it seems. Fortunately we live next to some understanding people smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Nick325
Apr 28 2008, 01:02 AM
how close do you live to them if they hear unplugged guitar picking laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Apr 28 2008, 01:17 AM
Even if you're in the same room, I don't think its that annoying.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 28 2008, 01:25 AM
yea .. that kinda sucks.. just pick very quietly tongue.gif.. or just to be mean.. plug in the amp.. full volume and start jammin biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 28 2008, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I usually play guitar when my sister is asleep and there is only a wall seperates us so i dont know how your neighbours can even here you play

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 28 2008, 01:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well take off your headphones, plug into your amp, put the volume on 11 and then ask them if that is better. biggrin.gif

Tell them to turn their TV on and get a life as well as stay out of yours.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 28 2008, 01:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
My 1 neighbour plays guitar, bass and drums, and the others never come out of their house biggrin.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 28 2008, 02:02 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I have cool neighbors , they never complain (I live in apartment building) and I practice bass on amp all the time (though on lower volume , but its loud enough to hear me through window outside smile.gif ) ...
I have other problem though , when my parents sleep I can't practice because noise from just fingers hitting the strings disturbs them smile.gif I'm typing this post now quietly as possible smile.gif

But that is just funny to disturb neighbors from unplugged guitars (sound goes through walls.. ) smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 28 2008, 02:05 AM
We are moving into a Detached House so it will be great soon. No joining walls with neightbours smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 28 2008, 02:14 AM
oh man that sucks!my neighbours can hardly hear me even with my amp up, we have a bit of space between houses

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 28 2008, 02:46 AM
Thats really lame if they complained about that. My neighbors don't complain at all. Actually the people across the street compliment me sometimes when I jam. laugh.gif But I am good friends with them.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 28 2008, 03:40 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Wow they really need to evaluate whats important in there life, Cause damn, They must have nothing going for them if there complaining about that.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 28 2008, 05:11 AM
Instructor
My neighbours hate me biggrin.gif
We used to practice with the band in the living room.

Cant count how many times i've received phonecalls with threats that they shall call the police. But they cant because we were well under the legal decibel level and we stopped playing quite early in the evening.

It wasnt in an apartment building though, probably other rules for that.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 28 2008, 06:50 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Neighbour: I have a complaint, my neighbour plays the electric guitar in the middle of the night!
Landlord: Oh, that's awful, how loud is he playing?
Neighbour: Unplugged but we can hear when he pick the strings.
Landlord: ?

it's a bit over sensitive. Some walls are thin like paper bur come on.
Maybe your could meet them half way? Your night guitar could have 009 or 008 string while they agree to stfu.

Some neighbours will never stop complaining, it's like their only bright moments in life.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Apr 28 2008, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 28 2008, 07:27 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I've never gotten a complaint when playing, so that's good smile.gif

I live with my girlfriend and our dog, so I can't crank the amp too loud..
But when they're out I usually test my amp wink.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Apr 28 2008, 07:27 AM

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 28 2008, 07:39 AM
Instructor
?! I've never hear anything like this before! ohmy.gif My neighbours are very understanding about these things... guess I'm just lucky! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
timono
Apr 28 2008, 08:26 AM
My neighbours never complain about me playing with my amp on rolleyes.gif but i think they don't even hear me compared to my sisters saxophone tongue.gif but she can't turn the thing less loud tongue.gif

actually it is the other way round at my place, i never complain about my neighbours (to them) but they are really annoying. they have two sons and the boys can't wake up normally to go to school!!! they get really angry and start shouting and their mother too ohmy.gif and start chaising eachother (with shoes on) up and down the (wooden) stairs.

so i got more problems from my neighbours then they from me sad.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Gus
Apr 28 2008, 10:04 AM
My building is just ground floor, 1 room apartments, and yes the wall is thin like paper . And now that is gettign to summer most of have windows opened...
But still, I was simply puzzled when she knocked my door. Even if it is audible, I can't barely imagine how it would be a problem (unless she has superhearing laugh.gif ). Even considering I was playing Thrash metal rhythm in 010 strings... (She should hear the nice palm-muting treadplate sound I had in my headphones tongue.gif )

My cable modem is installed on the wall to her side, but I guess I will just move things around and use a longer ethernet cable, to practice with GMC. Never heard a word from the neighbor in the other side...
The funny thing is that we have 2 guitar players in the building. She lies just in between biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Apr 28 2008, 10:06 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 28 2008, 10:07 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Kill your neighbours ... no seriously, some people are really weird, i mean you're still living in YOUR home, so i think you totally have the rights to play unplugged electric guitar.

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:14 AM