> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Jaxn4’s Shredding Workshop, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2012, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Hi JaxN4!! Welcome to your personal thread for the Gab's Army!

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... ph34r.gif )

I'll post what you wrote in the Army's thread to have it here:

"Hey Mate i'd like to be a part of this if there is still room. Ben's Bushido was very good, but i didn't have enough time to smash out the weekly lessons and get them to a respectable level due to time constraints. But things are getting better now....

My Tastes.... Metal and Rock. Lead guitar is my main focus, so my weak point would be Heavy tasty rhythm's and composing an entire song. Also LEGATO is something i want to be good at.... And finding my way around the fretboard... would be my biggest issue. I'd like to be a good improviser one day....

The Artists i am into are: Andy James, Marco Sfogli, Nuno Bettencourt, Andy Timmons, Bullet for my Valentine EVH etc....
I need to focus in 1 direction instead of playing and learning 6 different things at once. In GMC level's i can do lvl4-5 and by the end of the year I would like to be a comfortable level 5 player and move into the lvl 6 world of awesomeness....

Thanks "

Could you please post some of your best videos playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 26 2012, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie

Thanks Gabe

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2012, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Thanks Jax! I'll give you the first assignments later today! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 27 2012, 11:23 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 27 2012, 07:18 PM) *
Thanks Jax! I'll give you the first assignments later today! wink.gif

Awesome... Cheers!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2012, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Jax! I have been listening to your videos and I can say that you have a great timing, nice vibrato and perfect bending. Based on the guitar players that you like I think that some shredding is what it's lacking. It seems that your hands start to feel limited when you increase the speed of the alternate picking licks.

This is what I think that we should start working:

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE
LESSON #4 - RIGHT HAND II / ALTERNATE PICKING & HANDS SYNCHRONIZATION

The idea is that you work on this technique exercises at least one hour every day dividing the hour in two halfs. The first half you practice lesson 1 and the second lesson 4. Practice this exercises concentrating on getting a good and clean sound of every note and the faster than you can. Practice this with metronome as a loop until you start to feel that your hand is tired or starts to hurt a bit.

I would also like you to choose a collab to join a record something. Let me know which one you choose and please post here your ideas or jams to let me give you some feedback and maybe help you with the solo building.

That would be all.. but I have one more question... Is there a lesson that you are practising but that is giving you some trouble?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 28 2012, 07:34 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 28 2012, 03:36 AM) *
Hi Jax! I have been listening to your videos and I can say that you have a great timing, nice vibrato and perfect bending.

Thanks alot, I appreciate that....

Based on the guitar players that you like I think that some shredding is what it's lacking.
It seems that your hands start to feel limited when you increase the speed of the alternate picking licks.

I agree and I am working on this aspect smile.gif

The idea is that you work on this technique exercises at least one hour every day dividing the hour in two halfs. The first half you practice lesson 1 and the second lesson 4. Practice this exercises concentrating on getting a good and clean sound of every note and the faster than you can. Practice this with metronome as a loop until you start to feel that your hand is tired or starts to hurt a bit.

Awesome, sounds great and I will get right into it cool.gif

I would also like you to choose a collab to join a record something. Let me know which one you choose and please post here your ideas or jams to let me give you some feedback and maybe help you with the solo building.

Great! It has been a while since I did a collab.... I will have a look and see which one are still running and get back to you

That would be all.. but I have one more question... Is there a lesson that you are practising but that is giving you some trouble?
Yes, I will post some progress on this over the next day or so....

Ok, just had a look and ALL of the collab's are over the due date..... None of them are active...

Perhaps I will download your Led Zep backing and compose a solo over that backing and upload the end result here?

Cheers

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Feb 28 2012, 08:08 AM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2012, 08:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:34 AM) *
Ok, just had a look and ALL of the collab's are over the due date..... None of them are active...

Perhaps I will download your Led Zep backing and compose a solo over that backing and upload the end result here?

Cheers

Hi Jaxx! yes, you're right, all the collabs are ending now... let's wait for the new ones. It would be great if you record something over that backing.

Check out my "Jimmy Page Style Licks" lesson. HERE

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 5 2012, 01:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Gabe, I will post my progress of the Legato Licks and the AP licks (hopefully) on Wednesday.... Better progress has been made with the AP licks, and I have been attempting stamina with these licks also.

In terms of a lesson, I have chosen another Gary Moore style lesson, if I hit a wall I will ask for some help, it will be a challenge, but that's what it's all about.

And I have just signed up for your Slash collab also.

Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2012, 04:52 PM
Instructor
Great update mate! those are good things! I will wait for some video/audio files with the exercises, the lesson and ideas for the collab! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 7 2012, 04:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe! Here is the 3 Neo pattens from this current task you assigned me.
I ran out of time to record the Legato licks, I will try for that tomorrow.

Small set back a few days ago, I started to develop a blood blister on my middle finger Tip under the scar tissue I have there (from a nasty accident years ago when all 3 finger tips on my left hand were sliced up). It slowed me down a bit for a few days but "soldier on" I will :-)

With patten #2, I was quite familiar with this patten as I have come across it when attepting Piotr's "Move your Little Finger" lesson. I will post progress from that lesson soon during the week as it has been a big challenge to get that lesson nailed. So I did two takes of this lick, the first was correct from the tab and the second take I am just moving my index finger around on the b string within Amin.

With the fingering use, I did these licks with fingers 1,2 and 3.... no pinky, I am working on stretching and AP licks with these 3 fingers, as you may remember I sent you a PM a couple of weeks back asking questions about using that fingering for AP scale runs.

Anyway, thanks for your time Mate, Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2012, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Jax! Thanks for the video and for the update! I hope that your injury heal soon. Be careful. You are playing the licks very good, your motions are perfect. You should continue working on this ones to gain more speed but also you have to develop this ones horizontally using any scale or mode. For the first exercises you just have to play the pattern once in each position, and you'll get that Malmsteen style pattern. The second pattern could be repeated twice in each position. The pattern 3 combines two strings so we won't move it. Pattern 4 can be again played twice in each position. Is it clear?

Let's use this scale and the six strings.

Also, I think that it's a good idea to continue working on that Piotr's lesson, please post the video here and then we can go for the REC! smile.gif

One more thing! There are some Collab active now so you could choose one to join now, check this thread:

Collabs

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 8 2012, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 8 2012, 01:57 AM) *
Hi Jax! Thanks for the video and for the update! I hope that your injury heal soon. Be careful. You are playing the licks very good, your motions are perfect. You should continue working on this ones to gain more speed but also you have to develop this ones horizontally using any scale or mode. For the first exercises you just have to play the pattern once in each position, and you'll get that Malmsteen style pattern. The second pattern could be repeated twice in each position. The pattern 3 combines two strings so we won't move it. Pattern 4 can be again played twice in each position. Is it clear?

Let's use this scale and the six strings.

Also, I think that it's a good idea to continue working on that Piotr's lesson, please post the video here and then we can go for the REC! smile.gif

Hi Mate thanks for the feedback.

Just to make sure I understand the next stage of the AP task....

Exercise 1: is using the 3 neo pattens up the A min scale horizontally played once in each patten?
Exercise 2: is is the same as above but the AP lick is played twice before moving to the next position?
Exercise 3: is the Neo AP pattens played over two strings in the same scale position?
Exercise 4: is the same as #3 but played twice on each string within the same scale position?

In regards to Piotr's Lesson, I will post progress here over the weekend sometime. The lesson is 120bpm and the best i got was around 100bpm, so we will see how I go with submitting a clean take for you to view in the next few days....

Here is the Legato Licks you assigned me.... As Legato is a weak point they are a bit sloppy compared to my AP. I used all the licks and joined them together in a "Etude" style to help with changing finger movements and stamina.

Thanks in advance for your time and comments mate....

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2012, 06:40 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! The legato exercises sound really good! You have to keep practising them to gain more speed and also resistance. You should be playing those exercises as a loop for some minutes.

Here I wrote what you should do with the AP patterns.

Attached File  Jaxn_Ap_Exercises.gp5 ( 3.26K ) Number of downloads: 138

Please develop them in this way in the 6 strings.

Is it clear now?

I will wait for the lesson's take too. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 9 2012, 12:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for doing it up into a GPro file. I will get to work on these tonight.

Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2012, 01:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Mar 8 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Thanks for doing it up into a GPro file. I will get to work on these tonight.

Cheers

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 9 2012, 05:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 9 2012, 09:47 AM) *
Great! wink.gif

Hi Gabe, I noticed you referred to John Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD, well I just got my copy of that DVD, so if there is any exercises from there you want me to do as well let me know.

Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2012, 04:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Mar 9 2012, 01:13 AM) *
Hi Gabe, I noticed you referred to John Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD, well I just got my copy of that DVD, so if there is any exercises from there you want me to do as well let me know.

Cheers

That's excellent mate!! I want you to learn the whole dvd from beginning to the end! It's one of the most complete clinics that I have ever seen. Is it possible to do it? One section per week and post it here... ? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 9 2012, 04:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 10 2012, 01:00 AM) *
That's excellent mate!! I want you to learn the whole dvd from beginning to the end! It's one of the most complete clinics that I have ever seen. Is it possible to do it? One section per week and post it here... ? smile.gif

Wow...What have I gotten myself into? ohmy.gif

Yea, Let's do it then... ANything is possible isn't it? cool.gif

Where do you want me to start, at the Warm-up exercises? or the first Technique exercise (speed and accuracy)???

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2012, 05:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Mar 9 2012, 12:53 PM) *
Wow...What have I gotten myself into? ohmy.gif

Yea, Let's do it then... ANything is possible isn't it? cool.gif

Where do you want me to start, at the Warm-up exercises? or the first Technique exercise (speed and accuracy)???

hahaha yeah, you have gotten in the best trouble that you could get into. biggrin.gif Check out and do the stretches and warming up exercises but here we can start with the first technique exercise. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Mar 9 2012, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 10 2012, 01:33 AM) *
hahaha yeah, you have gotten in the best trouble that you could get into. biggrin.gif Check out and do the stretches and warming up exercises but here we can start with the first technique exercise. wink.gif

Haha...

Yep I will check out the stretches and warm ups....

The first exercise he does is timing, over the A Maj scale. I will do the same but with A min, it will help because I am memorizing all the positions of Amin.... wink.gif

If I was just to do that, it would be an easy week.... so I will also post, the second task he does which is the chromatic AP run.... He goes up to 200bpm.... ohmy.gif Obviously I wont be at that speed, But I will post a video of my max speed with a metronome....

This is going to be Interesting hahah

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:31 PM