Bareknuckle Vs Seymour Ducan, help me decide
Adrian Figallo
Oct 27 2011, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, so to make the long history quick, i have in my new signature guitar two pickups now, the bareknuckle "the mule" on the bridge, and the seymour duncan "alnico pro II" on the neck, i had those pickups in other guitars and they are two of my favorite pickups, i thought they would get along just fine because both are vintage output pickups specified as the classic 59 gibson PAF, but it turns out that they are not balanced well, the SD has more bass freqs, is not as bright on the highs and have some sort of mid rangy punchy sound, i really like it on it's own, now the BK has an amazing high end definition, punchy but sparkly sound, and a bit of less gain in the output.

i really like both, but one has to go, i'm doing one of these two sets:

SD would be, pearly gates on the bridge, alnico pro II on the neck.
BK would be two "the mule" together.

what do you guys think?, both sets would be fairly similar, the BK a bit brighter and softer and SD a bit darker and a bit hotter.
The SD is about $50 cheaper.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Adrian Figallo
Oct 27 2011, 09:29 PM
Instructor
nobody biggrin.gif?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 27 2011, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Well, I'm not sure man, now comes the time for some experimenting, try it and see how it fits. BN pups are hand wounded yes? If so, they should have more natural sound, but these are all finesses, just depending on what you like. Not sure if anybody would notice it (or if they do, if they would have the same preference). So, try it out if you can, why not smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 27 2011, 10:22 PM
Instructor
You know that every piece of wood has a different vibration and other specifications! It's very difficult to recommend something, especially for custom guitar like your! The only solution is - experiment with as many pickup models,you never knows what may turn out!

Yeah, guitar looks fantastic,man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 27 2011, 10:50 PM
Instructor
thanks guys, i guess everything is experimenting from now on, something tells me to go with bareknuckles, but let's see, any other opinion?

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2011, 10:52 PM
Instructor
Oh! that guitar is so beautiful!! smile.gif I would go for the SD because I'm a big fan of Slash sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 28 2011, 12:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Oct 27 2011, 10:50 PM) *
thanks guys, i guess everything is experimenting from now on, something tells me to go with bareknuckles, but let's see, any other opinion?

So many pick up manufacturers so little time....

Tim at BK will help you get exactly what you want.

Alot of people swear by WCR Crossroad set or Godwood set

I'm looking to swap the pick ups out in my Burny Lp in the future and there are so many choices and opinions

BK Rebel Yells
Suhr Aldrich
Motor City Detroiters
WCR American Steele

It hurts my little brain

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Oct 28 2011, 01:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Personally I would go for the BKs, but then I would probably get a set of unpotted Stormy Mondays.
The clarity and expressiveness of tone on these is phenominal. The mule is (apparently) well suited to a more saturated sound.

I have had a listen to the Seymours on their site and think I would still prefer the Bareknuckles, plus they are wound in merry old england smile.gif

I have a set of Aftermaths in my eight string and they are the best pickups I have ever played. Superbly balanced and a high output passive tone.

If you go for the Bareknuckles and they are anything like the one's they made for me you'll be getting an extraordinary set of pickups.

--------------------
be excellent to each other

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 2 2011, 05:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
If you like to keep the SD in the neck you might want to put a Bareknuckle Black Dog in the Bridge.
It is hotter than the mule but still with a vintage feel - its a straightforward rock pickup!
If you want to keep the Mule in the Bridge then go for another Mule in the Neck - The Bareknuckle pickups best match with their partner pickups!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 2 2011, 05:15 PM
Instructor
hey man, how nice to see you, thanks for the advice, i'm going for two mules!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:01 AM