Testing Out My Portable Setup
Socky42
Jan 1 2016, 10:19 PM
GMC:er

I'm using Bias FX for the guitar sim. Too used to just plugging it into my Axe-FX and not needing to tweak anything, so there's a bit of a learning curve.

Guitar is a custom Halo Merus 7; was a bit skeptical of using them at first from all the stories about bad quality control, but after reading about how they've improved I gave them a go. Great customer service and the guitar was perfectly setup out the box!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jan 2 2016, 01:16 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2016, 09:53 AM
Sounds spiff! So whats the rest of your portable set? Interface and such?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 2 2016, 12:04 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 2 2016, 09:53 AM) *
Sounds spiff! So whats the rest of your portable set? Interface and such?

Pretty simple, just Laptop -> iRig Pro -> Guitar. Every other instrument is virtual. I think as long as you have a solid drum and bass foundation, even the worst tones will sound decent. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 2 2016, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Your portable setup sounds great, but your playing is much more interesting smile.gif I like your phrasing and melodic ideas. Congratulations!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2016, 04:38 PM
Instructor
I've just commented this at out mentoring program but again here, great to see you back rocking mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 2 2016, 05:51 PM
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jan 2 2016, 03:44 PM) *
Your portable setup sounds great, but your playing is much more interesting smile.gif I like your phrasing and melodic ideas. Congratulations!

Thanks Piotr! I think I've started to really develop my own style in the past couple of months. I like the short 16th rests idea in fast passages a lot!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 2 2016, 04:38 PM) *
I've just commented this at out mentoring program but again here, great to see you back rocking mate! smile.gif

Good to be back man! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2016, 09:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Inspiring, thank you. Keep em coming smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 3 2016, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2016, 09:39 PM) *
Inspiring, thank you. Keep em coming smile.gif

Thanks for your continued support Phil!

And my version of the song got posted onto the original artists facebook page which is pretty cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM