Young Lust Collab, Final Mix and Review
JamesT
Jul 8 2009, 06:36 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok Everyone:
Here it is... the long awaited guitar solo extravaganza over PF's Young Lust backing track.
Needless to say, it turned out great with cameo appearances from JamesT, Sted, BlazeRok, and the living legend himself ... Mr. Muris Varajic.

Hey, I congratulate you guys for doing such a great job. It was a blast as well as a learning experience for me to put the final mix together. Without further adooo (what does adoo mean anyway? laugh.gif tongue.gif ) and with thanks to Outlaw2112 for starting this collab, here it is...

Attached File  Final_Mix_YL_Collab.mp3 ( 12.75MB ) Number of downloads: 261

Reviews:
1. Muris 0 - 1:45
What can I say? Nothing needs to be said, except ...Wow! blink.gif laugh.gif I really dug the way you hooked some of the chorus melody into this solo along with all of its pyro-technic coolness wink.gif The sound was killer too ...just right for that melodic, shred, way out there, but still just right for this tune on sterroids kind of sound. smile.gif Thanks for this Muris. It was an inspiration.

2. Sted 1:46 - 3:28
Great starting licks with a mix of what sounded exactly like Gilmore's version together with some of your original melody. And then as you moved into the chorus, you had a great melodic approach. Add some vibrato to those long notes (the wide stretchy kind wink.gif ). Your tone has just the right amount of gain for this tune and your approach I think. I could hear the subtle delay in there too which was great.

3. BlazeRok 3:39 - 5:10
Very innovative sound with the heavier delay. I liked the way you let the echos play a part in the melody. This was a nice creative touch that added a lot of interest I think. In some places it was almost like a "call and response" kind of thing with the notes you played as the "call" and the echoes as "response". Then at 4:19, you added the "double stops" (I think that's what you call it) and took off with a bunch of fast burning notes (hey, that's why they call you BlazeRok right? tongue.gif ). Nice job, nicely played, and very interesting guitar solo. Many thanks for doing this.

4. JamesT 5:11 - End.
Kind of proud of this take if it's ok to say so. I mostly like the second verse where I set out to do something different and kind of almost sort of achieved it. laugh.gif The chorus repeated twice, partially because I ran out of new ideas, and partly because it seemed to be the right thing to do based on my familiarity with the PF song. I've still got to work on vibrato for sure. Overall, I think I was able to get some pretty good structure into this solo. Did I mention the middle part? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:29 PM