Got Fooled...., what should i do?
Martin la guitar...
Apr 25 2008, 09:52 PM
GMC:er
I bought a 'slipknot guitar tab book - volume 3 the subliminal verses' long time ago. I've been playing/ learning some songs from that book. I was so anxious getting it because i really love the album, and i couldn't find the tab book in the web. Although a guy from a music shop did have it...... but it came with the cost of 90 dollars. But the bad thing is that it is the wrong tab!

Sure, some riffs are correct. But when i listen to the song, browsing the youtube, a lot of my riffs sounds soooooo wrong. And its almost impossible for me learning the songs by ear because they play too fast.

What should i do?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Slammer
Apr 25 2008, 09:56 PM
Did you look for it at Sheet Music plus? they have it for $19.95 http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_de...ts+Item-_-Title

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Apr 25 2008, 09:58 PM
Start by never buying 90 dollar books! thats a high price. Second edit the tab to make it correct, this can be done be listining to the album of watching other guitarest pplay the song.

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 25 2008, 10:00 PM
hmm, i don't know. It looks like the one i have right now. And i dont wanna buy a new book if it turns up to be the same.

for example: The nameless riff in my book looks like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------- -----------7---------------
---9-9------10-10-10-10-10-10-9-9------5-7------------
---7-7-------8--8--8---8--8---8-7-7----------5------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

But if u watch this movie it doesnt sounds that correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZJ17JFqo44

This post has been edited by Martin la guitarra: Apr 26 2008, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 25 2008, 10:08 PM
Instructor
90$ for a yab book its too high price i think if you searching by many webs i think you will find what you ask

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 25 2008, 10:10 PM
ye, i can surely get one outside the country. Although most of the sites need to be payed through card, i hate paying with cards because its not safe.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Apr 25 2008, 10:15 PM
make sure you are tuned correctly. Slipknot tunes down ALOT. There may be a note on the top of the page telling you that the song is in a different tuning.

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Apr 25 2008, 10:15 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Apr 25 2008, 10:16 PM
(May be a stupid question) Do u have guitar pro? even if you don't try ultimate guitar.com, they've got loads of user-submitted tabs. Although they're not all 100% correct (some of them far from it)

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 25 2008, 10:20 PM
i tune down the guitar to B, like they do. Although i do not manage to get the same tone as they do, i blame the tabs.

I do not see any good rated tabs there in guitar pro files, sorry

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 25 2008, 10:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Perhaps your strings are too thin a gauge to be tuned down to B? huh.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 25 2008, 10:24 PM
i play this riff on a acoustic guitar - thick strings. Although if you check out the fingering on the vib and the tab you'll see its far from correct.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 25 2008, 11:04 PM
your tuning could be wrong, because they use some odd tunings.but why did u buy a 90 dollar tab book in the first place?? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2008, 11:25 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
It's possible it's a fake book. That means it's sound alike but not exact.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 26 2008, 09:29 AM
hmm, ye MickeM, but what should i do?

The reason why i bought this tab book for 90 dollars was because it wasn't available in my country (in my eyes). They had to shift it from America which was almost the reason why it cost so much.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 26 2008, 11:06 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
If you are 100% certain that the book is not accurate, I would try to return it, the same way that I would return any other defective product. Specially if you bought it in a local shop.

If you bought it online returning it might be a hassle though...

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 26 2008, 11:41 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Apr 26 2008, 10:29 AM) *
hmm, ye MickeM, but what should i do?

The reason why i bought this tab book for 90 dollars was because it wasn't available in my country (in my eyes). They had to shift it from America which was almost the reason why it cost so much.

Well, if it says "fake book" on the cover the seller could point at that saying you should have known it's not the accurate tabs.
I think the only thing you can do is to work it out with the seller.

So you have any link to the book so I/we can have a closer look at the description etc. Because it's the advertised incorrectly I'd say you got a fair chanse of returning it.

Edit: $90 for the book? That's alone is a rip off. I looked one up with a similar name to yours and it's $19
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/a/item.html?...mp;item=5403666

This post has been edited by MickeM: Apr 26 2008, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 26 2008, 11:53 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
So sad to hear this , well I recommend going back to store to return it, if money refund is impossible buy some 90$ worth merch there..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 26 2008, 12:07 PM
hmm, thx guys for your support. I think i am going to have a chat with this guy. Although i to think its a bit strange that only i have this problem....

This post has been edited by Martin la guitarra: Apr 26 2008, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 26 2008, 12:14 PM
You'll also find a lot of mistakes in tab books. The Metallica Ride The Lightning book was awful.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 26 2008, 12:31 PM
This is the tab for the nameless on UG.

The nameless tab

It is defiitely different to the one you posted and it sounds ok to me. Try the other vol. 3 tabs on UG, and if your book is completely wrong you should return it.

I would also recommend purchasing guitar pro, with it you can listen to the tab first to see if its correct, before trying to learn it cool.gif

This post has been edited by Spreedmaster: Apr 26 2008, 12:33 PM

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:19 AM