Reaper & Amplitube Recording Issues
Quantum
Jan 17 2013, 08:11 PM
GMC:er
Hey, guys! : )

I started a few mentoring programs with some of the instructors on GMC
and I decided to use free software to record my tasks.
I currently use Reaper with the Amplitube VST FX and I'm having some noise issues.
Here's an audio sample of the background noise/humming that appears over the guitar sound:

Sample

The noise at the end of the track comes from the turning of the volume knob on the guitar.

I'll make a quick list of my hardware & software:

* Stagg Stratocaster
* Standard Cable
* Integrated sound card: High Definition Audio Device (At least that's what it says.)

* Reaper
* Amplitube 3

Preset used in the sample: Amplitube Free->Complete Rigs->Lead - High Gain->Lead Solo

The preset's perfect for shredding, because it amplifies the guitar, but it produces too much background
noise because of the distortion level. So on the one side - humming, on the other - no fast picking. : )

I tried using the Amplitube noise gate, as well as the one, that Reaper offers, but even though
it stops the humming, there is still some noise after every lick, before the gate closes.

Got any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Quantum: Jan 17 2013, 08:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:05 AM