New Google Function?
Adam
Jan 11 2019, 03:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey! I'm not sure if it's new or if it's me who just discovered it. As you probably know, you can do math in Google. You can translate words (which sometimes goes wrong). But it seems you can also ask it for a key of a music piece.

Asked about the Haendel's Sarabande and Paganini's Carnival of Venice. About Haendel it's no doubt right but I don't think the Carnival is in F Major, while it starts with E, into F#. It sounds too cheerful to be in F# Minor, so unless it's a mode or an exotic scale, the only other option is A Major. I mean the carnival is supposed to be happy, not sad. I'm still learning but I checked the notes of the main theme and 1st variation by ear and the notes fit. I can't figure out the chords in the background, so I can't use a chord progression to identify the key either.

Someday I'll have the ears to tell it right away but for now it's nice to know that Google works hard to aid musicians as well! smile.gif

PS. This database seems to be super small but let's hope it will grow over time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
klasaine
Jan 11 2019, 03:58 AM
GMC:er
The Paganini is in A major - 3 #s

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 12 2019, 01:16 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 11 2019, 03:58 AM) *
The Paganini is in A major - 3 #s

Thank you! It's a great help to me for learning this piece by ear and trying to analyze its construction smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:36 AM