Good Internet Providers In Uk
Rated Htr
Sep 13 2009, 02:34 PM
Experienced Rock Star
What the title says...Need to get internet for my house as soon as possible as well as I'll buy a mac smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Bondy
Sep 13 2009, 02:43 PM
Learning Roadie
I use BT A very reliable connection smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 13 2009, 02:44 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
AFAIK when I lived in the UK if you're in rental accommodation and there is either no land line or the landlord holds the contract then you will need to speak to them first if you want broadband via landline. Otherwise for mobile internet then you will need a 3G mobile with either a suitable payg or monthly contract.

Things may have changed in the last 4 years though and you may be able to get a landline ISP without the permission of whoever pays the phone bill. I doubt it though so just be careful as some unscrupulous sales reps in the UK will happily sell you a contract that you can't use.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Sep 13 2009, 02:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah also I forgot this, pc world are doing an offer for a free laptop when you sign up to 3s mobile broadband package

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Sep 13 2009, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
I would highly recommend o2 broadband m8. Its cheap and an excellent service. E.g, when i had issues with my broadband, i was able to get through to a UK call centre within minutes of phoning and they were really helpfull. You also get a discount if you have an o2 mobile contract smile.gif

for me, its all about the customer service. And they get 10/10

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 13 2009, 02:57 PM
Instructor
I tried 5 providers since I came to London. The one I am using now is O2 and works great. I have 16mb speed with unlimited download for only £10 a month. That price is only available if you are O2 mobile phone customer on contract. Otherwise it's about £15 a month. The other option is USB mobile internet, looks like a memory stick. It is also available from O2 and you can use it like "pay as you go". Top up your credit and surf smile.gif That could be about £30 a month if you want to use it normaly, watch videos etc...

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 13 2009, 02:59 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 13 2009, 02:57 PM) *
I tried 5 providers since I came to London. The one I am using now is O2 and works great. I have 16mb speed with unlimited download for only £10 a month. That price is only available if you are O2 mobile phone customer on contract. Otherwise it's about £15 a month. The other option is USB mobile internet, looks like a memory stick. It is also available from O2 and you can use it like "pay as you go". Top up your credit and surf smile.gif That could be about £30 a month if you want to use it normaly, watch videos etc...

So you have the premium broadband?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 13 2009, 03:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Sep 13 2009, 02:59 PM) *
So you have the premium broadband?

I don't know if it's called premium smile.gif Just normal 16mb broadband

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:52 PM