The Return Of Alice In Chains, what do you think guys?
Adrian Figallo
Mar 25 2010, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Hey brother and sisters, today i was listening to my old Alice In Chains cd's, and my god... that was a good band, so i ended up watching live videos during work hours biggrin.gif, and i see that they're back to music with a new vocalist, i kind off like it!, i mean i love Layne Staley (r.i.p), but this new guy is a good match to the band, what do you think guys? like alice in chains? and for you who doesn't really know them i can tell you that jerry cantrell is an awesome guitar player, check them out!

Here is the band playing with Layne Staley, back in '91 i guess:

and here is with William DuValle:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Adrian Figallo: Mar 25 2010, 04:39 PM

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Mar 25 2010, 05:19 PM
GMC:er
Have always loved that band and i always will. The new CD is awesome!... Well the old ones where awesome too, but you get my point! biggrin.gif R.I.P Layne

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Karl-ss: Mar 25 2010, 05:35 PM

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 25 2010, 06:02 PM
Instructor
I've heard the new guy and I think he sounds good. Old line up was really a legendary team of musicians. I played their cover so many times on jam sessions.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Mr T
Mar 25 2010, 06:33 PM
Really like the old stuff and the new album as well. Can't wait to see them live this summer cool.gif

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 25 2010, 07:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Karl-ss @ Mar 25 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Have always loved that band and i always will. The new CD is awesome!... Well the old ones where awesome too, but you get my point! biggrin.gif R.I.P Layne

glad to see this band still got fans!!

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 25 2010, 12:02 PM) *
I've heard the new guy and I think he sounds good. Old line up was really a legendary team of musicians. I played their cover so many times on jam sessions.

yeah he sounds good, hard to fill that legendary position tho, i jammed a lot with "would?" too biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mr T @ Mar 25 2010, 12:33 PM) *
Really like the old stuff and the new album as well. Can't wait to see them live this summer cool.gif

ohh i would love to see em live sad.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 25 2010, 07:45 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I liked them back then, and I love them now, the new album is my fave album form 2009, absolutely great music with a great singer.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 25 2010, 07:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I love this band, it was one of my favorite bands when I started to play the guitar, I have all their old CDs.....pure 90s grunge. And I really like this new release

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 25 2010, 08:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 25 2010, 01:45 PM) *
I liked them back then, and I love them now, the new album is my fave album form 2009, absolutely great music with a great singer.

woa i didn't had the chance to listen to the whole thing, will get it now!

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 25 2010, 01:58 PM) *
I love this band, it was one of my favorite bands when I started to play the guitar, I have all their old CDs.....pure 90s grunge. And I really like this new release

a lot of memories with this band for me too, i was very small when i first tasted em

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 25 2010, 10:29 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
One of my favorite bands ever smile.gif
Great back in the day, and great now!
The new record is amazing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 26 2010, 10:24 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Never listened to them before, now I wonder why! Gonna check some more songs of them out for sure.
I always thought Richie Sambora and Peter Frampton were the oly guitarists who use a talkbox tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 26 2010, 04:08 PM
Instructor
check em brother! they're amazing!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Mar 26 2010, 09:27 PM
I like there old stuff 'Nothing Safe - The Best Of The Box'.
The clip with 'William DuValle' singing kinda killed it for me, not as good as the original.

R.I.P. Layne Staley

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Mar 26 2010, 09:28 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 26 2010, 11:03 PM
Instructor
Great band, with awesome sense for rhythm and great ideas. I haven't seen that first video ever, great performance smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 26 2010, 11:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 26 2010, 05:03 PM) *
Great band, with awesome sense for rhythm and great ideas. I haven't seen that first video ever, great performance smile.gif

amazing right? the voice of layne was sooo good

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Zaelus
Jun 23 2010, 03:15 AM
I grew up listening Alice in Chains they're one my favorite bands. Though DuValle can't really match the sound that Layne produced, he does bring a newer more rowdy sound to them as opposed to the despair-like sounds they had back in the 90s. I saw them live back when they were on tour with Velvet Revolver in '07 and they made an amazing come back with DuValle.

+Quote Post
DenisN
Jun 23 2010, 06:27 AM
Learning Roadie
+1 on Zaelus. I saw them two days ago and they are amazing! Great guitar sound, great vocals and they sounded really fresh.
I must say that with DuVall they have a more agressive, raw attitude.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 23 2010, 08:32 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
...and they're great live as well biggrin.gif
I saw them saturday, with Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer Metallica etc.

Fantastic gig!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 29 2010, 01:33 PM
Jazz Instructor
They really have good songs. In 90s they were tremendously popular, I remember listening to "No excuses" 100s times on MTV.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:36 AM