3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
About Strings
Zephan
May 18 2007, 11:12 PM
GMC:er
Well yea it might really be a problem. Can't say anything about it yet lol
But untill I can play good enough it will take sometime and untill then I wanna buy the Ibanez RG350DX. Well incase there isnt a better one for that price. Would only need to look at it again on how to change string on a Floyd Rose system

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephan: May 18 2007, 11:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 19 2007, 01:32 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yes, the Ibanez RG350DX Is Awesome in every way, i have the RG350MDX And the only difference is the color of the fretboard.

Buy that guitar and you will not be dissapointed, it performs PERFECTLY.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 20 2007, 12:36 AM
Just curious. How do you change the strings by a Floyd Rose system and how you tune them then ? Let's say by the Ibanez RG350

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 20 2007, 01:33 PM
Well, first you change them ALWAYS one at a time starting from the High E To Low E, The Reason is Simple.

Ibanez RG350 Had the Edge Pro III tremolo, its a floating bridge, and a floating bridge is held up in the guitar by the tension of the strings. now, since the low E Is the thickest, its holding up probably about 50% of the bridges weight, so if you took that out first the bridge would sink further back into the body, creating more tension on the strings, to a point where the might break. here are my steps for doing it. before doing so, i suggest lossening the fine tuners ( they are in the bridge) all the way)

1. Take out High E String
2. Put New One In, Tune It (using tuning pegs on headstock)
3. Take Out B String
4. Put New B String in, tune it (using tuning pegs on headstock)
5. Repeat this til you get all strings.

after youve done all that, chances are all you strings still wont be in tune, so, tune them all again starting from High E, When they all are in tune, lock them at the nut at the neck.

Since they are new strings, they might fall out of tune after you play them for a few minutes, this is normal, just make sure you use the fine tuners at this point to tune them

PS
When your strings are tuned, the bridge should be Parallel to the body, if its leaning forward, you need to tighten the springs in the back of the guitar, if it falls into the body, lossen the springs in the back of the guitar.

Seems like alot, but after a few times you ca do it in like 10 minutes.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: May 20 2007, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 20 2007, 04:31 PM
Yea sounds pretty complicated at the moment but I'm sure once I have the guitar and see it for real it will look more easy.

One more thing tho. Since the RG350 will be new, do I have to make any adjustments on it ?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 20 2007, 04:44 PM
I had to slightly tune it, thats it, but my bands guitarist bought the all black one and he had to tighten the bridge springs a bit, not by much though.

At most youll have to tune it up a bit.

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 24 2007, 01:28 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 20 2007, 05:44 PM) *
I had to slightly tune it, thats it, but my bands guitarist bought the all black one and he had to tighten the bridge springs a bit, not by much though.

At most youll have to tune it up a bit.

Ah ok. I prolly go ask the guy from the music store to do it so I don't gooble something up. lol

About changing strings so. Found a different way on youtube and were wondering of what you think about it.

Changing Strings

PS. Megadeth rocks biggrin.gif

Edited for language, Micke

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 17 2008, 08:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rock
May 24 2007, 03:14 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 15 2007, 09:34 PM) *
Well i think if youre currently practicing Legato style stuff, you can use what i use on my Ibanez, Which are Dean Markley Extra Lights, 8-38...they require a very light touch and sound beautiful, just dont use them if you want to detune, they dont sounds to good below D, And i dont go farther down than Eb with them.

Hey man, I saw Megadeth last Thursday. They kick ass! They backed up Heaven and Hell. Toni Iommi rules!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 24 2007, 03:35 PM
Yeaht that video is a pretty great guide to changin strings on a flaoting bridge

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 24 2007, 05:25 PM
Ah good. Were wondering kinda cos of the ball ends in the head. lol

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 24 2007, 05:35 PM
Thats a good idea, im gonna start doin that

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:34 AM