Advanced Bushido Task 8
Ben Higgins
Apr 5 2012, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Task 8 : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/

Oh Yeah - believe it ! cool.gif

This is a good one.. you'll possibly find it easier than my Land of Legato 3 lesson because the changes of pace in this Task give your fingers and brain a chance (a very small chance) to rest. At least, that's my theory anyway.......

There's also lots of useful licks in this one that you can steal and employ in your own playing. Those open strings really work well for this type of thing.

Deadline next Thursday 12th April or I will be forced, against my own will, to break a rib.

Enjoy ! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 6 2012, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
Love the sound of this one. Got the tab memorised so far.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Cem
Apr 6 2012, 05:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
man, you are really rocking the hell out of these tasks. how do you find the time to practice all week long? I envy you tongue.gif .

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 7 2012, 03:38 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
easier? Damn that looks more complex. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 7 2012, 07:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Apr 7 2012, 03:38 AM) *
easier? Damn that looks more complex. smile.gif

smile.gif

There's more variation but I think you guys might have less trouble with stamina on this one. If I'm wrong, keep my donuts back. wink.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 12 2012, 07:01 PM
Here is my week's offering:

Fall out of time in a few spots, and I still get tense in my fretting hand when playing this.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 12 2012, 07:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Apr 12 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Here is my week's offering:

Fall out of time in a few spots, and I still get tense in my fretting hand when playing this.

Greetings, Adam San !

What a great job ! I've noticed something interesting though, just like the last Task you did. On the first licks you kind of sneak the first note in before the actual first beat and the second note (the one you hammer on) takes the place of the 1st beat. The lick still works and you can play that but the not you play with the index finger should be the leading note, the 1.

Nothing wrong with the playing though, the protein shakes are obviously working wink.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 12 2012, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 12 2012, 07:13 PM) *
Greetings, Adam San !

What a great job ! I've noticed something interesting though, just like the last Task you did. On the first licks you kind of sneak the first note in before the actual first beat and the second note (the one you hammer on) takes the place of the 1st beat. The lick still works and you can play that but the not you play with the index finger should be the leading note, the 1.

Nothing wrong with the playing though, the protein shakes are obviously working wink.gif

Cheers, I think it's due to a lack of strength in the index, suprisingly. I found it tough to hammer it down hard enough, consistently. The more strength I can build in my fingers, the more control I'll have.

I think my legato / finger strength is holding me back at the moment, the legato 3 nps pentatonics in this week's chat were tough, but I felt the benefits the day after. If I start the same lick on different fingers, I get different results (picked licks), which highlights some weaknesses, just going to keep training those areas (also mentioned in that Guitar Gym series).

Also, all this legato in the past few weeks, and no nagging pains - feels good biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 13 2012, 03:19 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Wow.. Great take mate. I haven't done this one as I have had little time and I am still practicing the previous one with the time I have. Thanks for carrying out the flag. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 13 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Apr 12 2012, 07:21 PM) *
Cheers, I think it's due to a lack of strength in the index, suprisingly. I found it tough to hammer it down hard enough, consistently. The more strength I can build in my fingers, the more control I'll have.

I think my legato / finger strength is holding me back at the moment, the legato 3 nps pentatonics in this week's chat were tough, but I felt the benefits the day after. If I start the same lick on different fingers, I get different results (picked licks), which highlights some weaknesses, just going to keep training those areas (also mentioned in that Guitar Gym series).

Also, all this legato in the past few weeks, and no nagging pains - feels good biggrin.gif

Yes that would make complete sense. When certain fingers don't have the strength they sort of just plonk on the fretboard but with not as much control. I was telling the other guys in Bushido that just the pursuit of keeping fingers controlled and in time requires muscular resistance, helping the little piggies get stronger smile.gif

That's good to hear that there's no pain !

P.S. I completed Hitman - Codename 47. I can't promise that I didn't lose my patience and find an invincibility cheat... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 20 2012, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (maharzan @ Apr 13 2012, 03:19 AM) *
Wow.. Great take mate. I haven't done this one as I have had little time and I am still practicing the previous one with the time I have. Thanks for carrying out the flag. biggrin.gif

Thank you, Sir smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 13 2012, 08:17 AM) *
Yes that would make complete sense. When certain fingers don't have the strength they sort of just plonk on the fretboard but with not as much control. I was telling the other guys in Bushido that just the pursuit of keeping fingers controlled and in time requires muscular resistance, helping the little piggies get stronger smile.gif

That's good to hear that there's no pain !

P.S. I completed Hitman - Codename 47. I can't promise that I didn't lose my patience and find an invincibility cheat... ph34r.gif

Aye, plonky indeed sad.gif

Haha, nice, nice biggrin.gif I can't remember which one/s I've played, I didn't find them easy for sure. If you fancy a giggle, here's a guy that does entertaining walkthroughs for Hitman: Blood Money (warning: language):

Also, while I'm here wink.gif check out the band Havok, I'll leave you to figure out their main influences:

This post has been edited by dark dude: Apr 20 2012, 06:08 PM

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 20 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Apr 20 2012, 06:00 PM) *
Thank you, Sir smile.gif

Aye, plonky indeed sad.gif

Haha, nice, nice biggrin.gif I can't remember which one/s I've played, I didn't find them easy for sure. If you fancy a giggle, here's a guy that does entertaining walkthroughs for Hitman: Blood Money (warning: language):

Also, while I'm here wink.gif check out the band Havok, I'll leave you to figure out their main influences:

I love that Hitman video.. that guy's hilarious !

Those Havok guys are pretty awesome... it's like an updated version of Blackened ! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:49 PM