20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2011, 03:41 AM
GMC:er
QUADRIUM:: Glad you could make it to the lesson today smile.gif I dig Gitarerro's lick and think it should work well. I've done a recording of me playing it aproximately and put a bass bit behind it. Give this a listen and let me know what you think.

QUOTE (quadrium @ Dec 30 2010, 10:15 AM) *
Hey guys.We can share our riff/lyric ideas from here now on.Here are the corrected version of the lyrics by mad and a cool riff idea from Gitarreo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 2 2011, 09:39 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Quadrium.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 217

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 2 2011, 03:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 2 2011, 02:41 AM) *
QUADRIUM:: Glad you could make it to the lesson today smile.gif I dig your lick and think it should work well. I've done a recording of me playing it aproximately and put a bass bit behind it. Unless of course I'm getting your lick confused with Gitarerro's lick. Give this a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks Todd smile.gif Sorry i had to leave early because of my connection problems sad.gif i hope next time there won't be any smile.gif By the way i couldn't see the file.did you upload it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 2 2011, 03:53 AM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2011, 09:11 AM
No problem. Just glad to see ya there smile.gif Here is the file.

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 1 2011, 09:52 PM) *
Thanks Todd smile.gif Sorry i had to leave early because of my connection problems sad.gif i hope next time there won't be any smile.gif By the way i couldn't see the file.did you upload it?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 2 2011, 09:39 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Quadrium.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 205

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2011, 09:46 AM
I did a quick recording based on your lick and added some bass and drums. See what you think. Just trying to set up the overall idea to see if everyone like where we are headed. I'm digging it so far. I'll put the other licks in as soon as I can. In the mean time, you guys feel free to make recordings and such and post them and we can go from there.

Attached File  Quadrium_Todd.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 246

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 30 2010, 01:30 PM) *
Sure Todd, I can do that! I actually changed the riff a little, will record it again with NoFX laugh.gif and then post it.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 2 2011, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 2 2011, 12:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sounds really cool, Todd! Sorry I couln't make it yesterday, I had to get some sleep smile.gif
Do you guys want me to tab the riff, so everyone can play it?
I would also record a bassline to it tonight.
Since maharzan made the offer, why don't we invite him as our "drummer"? smile.gif
I think when we are all happy with the riffs so far we can start to structure the song, so that mad can start singing.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 2 2011, 01:32 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Oh.. I am not a drummer at all.. I just thought I could probably export your midi to get a better sounding drums (if at all). I can program drums but I really suck at rollings.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 2 2011, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 2 2011, 08:46 AM) *
I did a quick recording based on your lick and added some bass and drums. See what you think. Just trying to set up the overall idea to see if everyone like where we are headed. I'm digging it so far. I'll put the other licks in as soon as I can. In the mean time, you guys feel free to make recordings and such and post them and we can go from there.

Attached File  Quadrium_Todd.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 246

Sounds really cool Todd smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2011, 02:06 AM
Maharzan: Sounds like a plan smile.gif Can't wait to hear it. I"m putting a midi file of the drum track in a zip and attaching it to this post.

Attached File  Drums_Quadrium1.mid ( 254bytes ) Number of downloads: 179

QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 2 2011, 07:32 AM) *
Oh.. I am not a drummer at all.. I just thought I could probably export your midi to get a better sounding drums (if at all). I can program drums but I really suck at rollings.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 3 2011, 02:07 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 3 2011, 10:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Mates! I'm really excited! Todds recording sounds awesome and I played quadriums riffs and they all sound really cool!
A tabbed version of your riff would be great Gitarrero, so I can recompose/loop the riffs and give it a vocal try..
btw I'd like to have a kind of intro (maybe few arpeggiated chords) to build some tension while singing the first verse.. what do you guys think?

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 3 2011, 02:52 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Here is a one shot.. Whats the tempo if I may ask.. I just tried at 155bpm.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  drums.wav ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 203

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 3 2011, 08:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sounds cool, maharzan!
Initially I recorded my take at 160 bpm.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 4 2011, 02:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
Here is another riff idea smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  quadrium_riff_idea4.gp5 ( 2.71K ) Number of downloads: 169

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 4 2011, 05:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (mad @ Jan 3 2011, 09:43 AM) *
Mates! I'm really excited! Todds recording sounds awesome and I played quadriums riffs and they all sound really cool!
A tabbed version of your riff would be great Gitarrero, so I can recompose/loop the riffs and give it a vocal try..
btw I'd like to have a kind of intro (maybe few arpeggiated chords) to build some tension while singing the first verse.. what do you guys think?

Very great idea man! i'll give it a try to find a cool intro smile.gif By the way you guys have any ideas about how should we do the song structure?

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 4 2011, 08:30 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 4 2011, 09:08 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Dogukan,

I did a real quick recording of your riffs 3 and 4, played with a distorted guitar. I didn't really warm up or practice the riffs, so they're a bit sloppy, but I hope you get an idea how they sound with a guitar.

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 4 2011, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 4 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Hi Dogukan,

I did a real quick recording of your riffs 3 and 4, played with a distorted guitar. I didn't really warm up or practice the riffs, so they're a bit sloppy, but I hope you get an idea how they sound with a guitar.

Christian

Thanks Chris.sound cool with distortion.I'm sure after Todd's mix they will sound even cooler smile.gif I uploaded clean version of riff 2.Due to my sound card problem sound may not be great.i directly recorded it from mic input.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  quadrium_riff2.1.rar ( 1.92MB ) Number of downloads: 163

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2011, 02:43 AM
Hey guys smile.gif I'm a bit under the weather as I've caught a flu bug during our xmas visits. As soon as I"m back up and going I'll download all the new stuff. Seems to be moving along!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2011, 02:43 AM
Hey guys smile.gif I'm a bit under the weather as I've caught a flu bug during our xmas visits. As soon as I"m back up and going I'll download all the new stuff. Seems to be moving along!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 5 2011, 09:42 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Get well soon, Todd! It's about time we put a few riffs together and release our first song! smile.gif
Did I mention: patience is a virtue I just don't have? wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 6 2011, 10:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2011, 01:43 AM) *

Get well soon Todd and then lets finish our first song smile.gif

We currently have 4 riff ideas.Lets put them together and make a song structure then you can write a killer solo smile.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 8 2011, 12:55 AM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2011, 03:27 AM
Hey guys smile.gif I'm back in the saddle after nearly going under with the Flu. Uggh. Glad to be back smile.gif Looks like things are skipping along! We do need to figure out a rough structure. Lets get a rough idea on which licks are going to be played in what order. Which one is best for intro, verse, bridge, chorus etc. Part of song writing is of course taking the cool bits and putting them together in a cogent structure.

Gitarerro, Quadrium, using Guitar pro, or just making a recording, try to play the licks in a sequence that would work in terms of a song and then we can all have a listen. Once get a general idea, we can lay down the drum bits and play over it so it syncs up.

One thing that would help is if we could all use the same software so that we could send project files back and forth and not have to rebuild everything each time. From what I gather, REAPER, is the best way to go as it's cross platform and free to download. I don't use it but I"ll go get a copy and start working with it if we can all agree on using it. If there is another option, I'm open to that too.

Part of working remotely like this, is also about working out the production process. Once it's in place, things can move really quickly. But converting guitar pro, to midi, to wave, not having a time/metronome set to work with etc, is gonna slow things down a bit. There is a bit of a learning curve but it's a curve worth taking. Also, can you guys give me a breakdown of how you are recording? This is also a good chance to work on your studio skills.

Todd

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:48 PM